Mel Morris - New Chairman

cosmic

@truelou: You and I appear to be kindred spirits. Are you prepared to be chained up with me for 24 hours by some way of freedom of speech protest?  

Hahaha! Never miss a trick. Not sure about the chaining but I'm happy to hold up a placard ?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to include you in on the bondage, I mean chaining protest, but if I included you then we would have Tombo wailing away about how he wants to be involved too. And I know he would want to wear a beret too. 

I've been a student for 8 months now, I'm no stranger to chaining protests. I'm booked up for protests all week I'm afraid but Tuesday I've only got a minor leaflet campaign so I'll join you then. Can't promise it'll last though, I'm on a hunger strike protesting student union cuts so I'm quite weak.

I've been a student for 8 months now, I'm no stranger to chaining protests. I'm booked up for protests all week I'm afraid but Tuesday I've only got a minor leaflet campaign so I'll join you then. Can't promise it'll last though, I'm on a hunger strike protesting student union cuts so I'm quite weak.

In a fight to the death, didn't expect you to outdo @Alpha Signia, the force must be strong with you @Tombo!

In a fight to the death, didn't expect you to outdo @Alpha Signia, the force must be strong with you @Tombo!

The post I took issue to has been edited to my liking, but then it's not for me to say how the site should be moderated.

But then you don't expect moderators to make those comments in the first place. He's only human, understood, but I pointed it out, got 3 likes in way of agreement if you're asking, but then I got told to get a grip and was met with all sorts of rubbish about 'I've been posting 10 years' etc...

There are more official routes I could have taken to take issue with the post, but I accept that mistake. All I asked for is for Alpha to do the same, but he couldn't and started to slag me off.

The whole thing was childish, and despite what people think I don't come here to argue with people. No reason to purge the whole thing though in my opinion.

The post I took issue to has been edited to my liking, but then it's not for me to say how the site should be moderated.

But then you don't expect moderators to make those comments in the first place. He's only human, understood, but I pointed it out, got 3 likes in way of agreement if you're asking, but then I got told to get a grip and was met with all sorts of rubbish about 'I've been posting 10 years' etc...

There are more official routes I could have taken to take issue with the post, but I accept that mistake. All I asked for is for Alpha to do the same, but he couldn't and started to slag me off.

The whole thing was childish, and despite what people think I don't come here to argue with people. No reason to purge the whole thing though in my opinion.

Just tell me he isn't dead,  that'd be a start! 

Good god, he's alive? 

Back on topic......

Andy Appleby has been one of the best Chairmen DCFC has ever had, in my humble opinion.

He's appointed people to run the club on a day to day basis and left them to it. Not once has he made silly press statements, he's kept in the background, he's been the perfect opposite of big ego chairmen like Ashley and Oyston.

I hope Mel Morris works the same way. A good chairman should be seen and not heard.

Back on topic......

Andy Appleby has been one of the best Chairman DCFC have ever had, in my humble opinion.

He's appointed people to run the club on a day to day basis and left them to it. Not once has he made silly press statements, he's kept in the background, he's been the perfect opposite of big ego chairmen like Ashley and Oyston.

I hope Mel Morris works the same way. A good chairman should be seen and not heard.

He said in the press conference he's a 'non-executive chairman' which essentially means just that. Sam Rush is his deputy for day to day football decisions, he's the boardroom and business organiser.

Back on topic......

Andy Appleby has been one of the best Chairmen DCFC has ever had, in my humble opinion.

​"Football hooligans? There's 92 club chairmen for a start!"

Brian Clough, naturally!:thumbsup:

Seen and not heard for sure. A chairman who supports financially and from a business perspective without dancing around in front of the cameras every other week is my favourite kind.

There's at least one that springs to mind that I thank the gods everyday for the fact that he runs the club down the road and not us. He's like that annoying relative at every family do that you try to avoid (Uncle Ray doing A-Ga-Doo). You smile and humour them when they seem to be having so much fun, while secretly hoping you're adopted. 

Either let it drop or stop telling lies. 

Cheers.

Anyone else beginning to worry a little with the media stuff coming out that Mel Morris wants to be the man in charge of stuff that we should leave the head coach and chris Evans to. With the Giles Barnes story coming out, the car obnoxiously parked, the press conference etc, I'm concerned that Mel Morris may make this all about him now. I really hope not, but have to respect that Andy Appleby just left Sam Rush to leave the show. I hope Sam has a good working relationship with Mel in place and will let Sam get on both things.

Anyone else beginning to worry a little with the media stuff coming out that Mel Morris wants to be the man in charge of stuff that we should leave the head coach and chris Evans to. With the Giles Barnes story coming out, the car obnoxiously parked, the press conference etc, I'm concerned that Mel Morris may make this all about him now. I really hope not, but have to respect that Andy Appleby just left Sam Rush to leave the show. I hope Sam has a good working relationship with Mel in place and will let Sam get on both things.

​Do you know it's his car?

Do you know Giles Barnes is down to him?

What did he say or do wrong in the press conference?

No irons without fire.

press conference I didn't like the reference that he would be working one week, then not the next week, and back in again etc. I personally think looking outside in it can put Sam Rush into a position where he doesn't know what decisions he makes and what decisions he has to get approval on. Anyone on a salary he is reported to be on should be making ALL the decisions.

No irons without fire.

press conference I didn't like the reference that he would be working one week, then not the next week, and back in again etc. I personally think looking outside in it can put Sam Rush into a position where he doesn't know what decisions he makes and what decisions he has to get approval on. Anyone on a salary he is reported to be on should be making ALL the decisions.

Do you mean no smoke without fire, Everyone knows you can buy smoke machines that have no Fire involved.

Oh and Ive never seen Rush's salary reported either, did you mean rumoured?

No irons without fire.

​The point he was making was that there is no need to be in all the time. The CEO - Sam Rush is responsible for the day to day managing of the company. He will have taken his parameters / targets / agreed expectations from the board. Why would the company pay a large salary to a CEO if they do not trust him to make decisions, even when he has already proved himself.

Maybe I'm wrong. I'm probably wrong. But I can't shake the feeling that Clement isn't having much to do with incoming players. Not saying it's Mel Morris. Just saying I don't think it's Clement.

Bent and Pearce were/are almost wrapped up while he's still in Spain. Just how much of these two has he had time to see? And how does he know he wants them when he's not got to know our squad. For example will he want Pearce when he sees the current CB's. That sort of thing

Then there's the 'if true' players. Jazz Richards? Weimann? Barnes!!!!? 

Clement has been busy to assess this Derby squad and identify these obscure (to a busy Real Madrid coach) players. 

I'm not calling the FBI. Just a niggling thought that I don't like. Anyone else concerned or am I being miserable

Maybe I'm wrong. I'm probably wrong. But I can't shake the feeling that Clement isn't having much to do with incoming players. Not saying it's Mel Morris. Just saying I don't think it's Clement.

Bent and Pearce were/are almost wrapped up while he's still in Spain. Just how much of these two has he had time to see? And how does he know he wants them when he's not got to know our squad. For example will he want Pearce when he sees the current CB's. That sort of thing

Then there's the 'if true' players. Jazz Richards? Weimann? Barnes!!!!? 

Clement has been busy to assess this Derby squad and identify these obscure (to a busy Real Madrid coach) players. 

I'm not calling the FBI. Just a niggling thought that I don't like. Anyone else concerned or am I being miserable

​Embarassing comment for a moderator to make.

Archived