Mel Morris - New Chairman

cosmic

No irons without fire.

press conference I didn't like the reference that he would be working one week, then not the next week, and back in again etc. I personally think looking outside in it can put Sam Rush into a position where he doesn't know what decisions he makes and what decisions he has to get approval on. Anyone on a salary he is reported to be on should be making ALL the decisions.

I liked the reference to "non-executive chairman" though. You should maybe look up what that means.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I'm wrong. I'm probably wrong. But I can't shake the feeling that Clement isn't having much to do with incoming players. Not saying it's Mel Morris. Just saying I don't think it's Clement.

Bent and Pearce were/are almost wrapped up while he's still in Spain. Just how much of these two has he had time to see? And how does he know he wants them when he's not got to know our squad. For example will he want Pearce when he sees the current CB's. That sort of thing

Then there's the 'if true' players. Jazz Richards? Weimann? Barnes!!!!? 

Clement has been busy to assess this Derby squad and identify these obscure (to a busy Real Madrid coach) players. 

I'm not calling the FBI. Just a niggling thought that I don't like. Anyone else concerned or am I being miserable

​Here's a thought. Some signings were already in the pipeline which he has nodded through. When he has been here longer he will be more involved. Sorry for applying common sense.  

​Here's a thought. Some signings were already in the pipeline which he has nodded through. When he has been here longer he will be more involved. Sorry for applying common sense.  

He's nodded through Bent! What is he doing?  Doesn't he realise he can't fit into our system or play alongside Martin?  Not much common sense being applied there if you ask me.

He's nodded through Bent! What is he doing?  Doesn't he realise he can't fit into our system or play alongside Martin?  Not much common sense being applied there if you ask me.

​I know. He never came to me for advice. Acts like he manages the place. 

Maybe I'm wrong. I'm probably wrong. But I can't shake the feeling that Clement isn't having much to do with incoming players. Not saying it's Mel Morris. Just saying I don't think it's Clement.

Bent and Pearce were/are almost wrapped up while he's still in Spain. Just how much of these two has he had time to see? And how does he know he wants them when he's not got to know our squad. For example will he want Pearce when he sees the current CB's. That sort of thing

Then there's the 'if true' players. Jazz Richards? Weimann? Barnes!!!!? 

Clement has been busy to assess this Derby squad and identify these obscure (to a busy Real Madrid coach) players. 

I'm not calling the FBI. Just a niggling thought that I don't like. Anyone else concerned or am I being miserable

​I suspect he knows more about our current squad than we think,and that he'll already be aware of what's on Evans' lists. 

What's with the "sorry for applying common sense"?

I just posted something that's been playing on my mind. I wasn't strongly saying that I think this is happening etc. Just really wondering whether it's me being paranoid or skeptical. 

Whenever two people disagree on here now you see patronising comments, sarcasm or lines like "rubbish/nonsense".

I just would have thought Clement would want to know a bit more about what he's got, what he's signing and what else is out there before nodding his approval. 

Another really minor point but first time I saw it today. Ipro car park, Manager, CEO and COO car park spots all done by job description but Mel Morris wants his name there. Just another little tiny thing that bugs me. Strikes a chord of 'Don't you know who I am?'

​I suspect he knows more about our current squad than we think,and that he'll already be aware of what's on Evans' lists. 

Possibly mate. Just he said the next couple of weeks are getting to know the squad and the players. Madrid's season didn't finish too long ago and although he clearly had this job in the pipeline I don't think he would have had time to spend on us? 

What's with the "sorry for applying common sense"?

I just posted something that's been playing on my mind. I wasn't strongly saying that I think this is happening etc. Just really wondering whether it's me being paranoid or skeptical. 

Whenever two people disagree on here now you see patronising comments, sarcasm or lines like "rubbish/nonsense".

I just would have thought Clement would want to know a bit more about what he's got, what he's signing and what else is out there before nodding his approval. 

​Because you're extrapolating how Clement performs his job in his first two weeks to how he will do it over 3 years. 

We have a local businessman investing in our club, something 99.9% of fans want and in less than a week Morris has been the victim of all kind of hints and allegations.  

Local owner great for the club , although it does tend to end in tears .

What I will say is that if anyone at the club is signing players without the managers OK , or behind his back , for me they can take the high road soon as .

​Another hint/allegation!! What proof do you have?

​Another hint/allegation!! What proof do you have?

​I am making no hint / allegation (just you jumping on your high horse , again ) , merely voicing an opinion , others are allowed one are they not ? , well maybe only if it coincides with yours .

Do you have proof that Clement has selected Bent and Pearce ? , they where supposedly on the way here before he had even signed .

Archived