Mel Morris - New Chairman

cosmic

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't got strong views on Mel Morris!!! 

So my question was ok but only from someone else?!? 

My argument with Tombo was him calling my post embarassing for a moderator. What does that even mean? For a moderator? For someone who keeps folks from trading insults all day and tidies up? Tombo wad telling me my problem with Mel Morris. I just tried to show that the only problem I have is... and then explained the situation we can't talk about... because Tombo had it wrong slightly. 

This is unreal. The fact that my curiosity about Clement signing players is ok but I'm not allowed to ask it. 

It'd be alright if I even disliked Morris. I don't! I thought he responded quite aggressively to a silly post made on here. A Silly post that made no accusations. But then I make a little joke on the first page and suddenly I'm anti Mel Morris and a leader of dcfcfans. Gerrout!!! 

Unbelievable. 

I need a list of things I'm allowed to post. Ive nor even posted anything strong. Not like on Connor Sammon  where I'll put "I think he's rubbish". Just trying to have a joke and thinking out loud. 

Totally uncalled for all this is. 

​I could not believe what you posted as it broke the forum rules (see topic by daveo about Mel Morris lawyer)

so i was bemused you did not realise what you had posted contravened rules as spelt out in daveo locked thread

Did you watch Dcfc under Maxwell? If not genuinely ask some people you know who did what it was like

and I hope you can not look to find fault in a rich person putting their money into dcfc

​I could not believe what you posted as it broke the forum rules (see topic by daveo about Mel Morris lawyer)

so i was bemused you did not realise what you had posted contravened rules as spelt out in daveo locked thread

Did you watch Dcfc under Maxwell? If not genuinely ask some people you know who did what it was like

and I hope you can not look to find fault in a rich person putting their money into dcfc

So on a forum are we not allowed to show our dislike of what appears to be a new chairman putting too much of his own say in on things. Of course he is allowed to, he is one of our owners. However, I'm just saying that my preference would be an owner or ownership group that let the day to day runnings of a club left to those in the full time positions and employed to do so. I respect your opinion and views, please respect ours.

So on a forum are we not allowed to show our dislike of what appears to be a new chairman putting too much of his own say in on things. Of course he is allowed to, he is one of our owners. However, I'm just saying that my preference would be an owner or ownership group that let the day to day runnings of a club left to those in the full time positions and employed to do so. I respect your opinion and views, please respect ours.

Non executive chairman. Need I keep saying it? No real evidence to suggest that Mel is sticking too much of his own say in it. Good job you put in 'what appears to be'. That's what saves the newspapers and their useless backsides on a daily basis. 'It appears' that you're jumping to conclusions based on no evidence.

The fact that Mr.Morris is concerned about idle chatter on a laid back (mostly) forum like this is possibly not the best way to make friends and influence people.

It is perfectly fair in my experience to be a bit cynical about our owners until proven otherwise.

I'm sure Mr. Morris, as a life long fan, will be aware of the history of Derby County chairmen, from Kirkland to Maxwell and the jailbirds of more recent times. Don't forget the suspicion that met the "yanks" which proved to be totally unfounded as they have proved to be sensible, decent owners with a long term plan of steady investment.

Maybe the onus is any new chairman to win the fans over rather than the other way round.

I hope Mr. Morris keeps a sense of humour and allows us mere mortals an odd bad day at the office to vent and moan occasionally and yes, be a bit sceptical sometimes, about the owners of a football club we devote a large part of our lives to.

People like Mel invest huge amounts of time and money into football clubs, but so do we. 

As a percentage of total wealth i sometimes wonder if my 40+ years investment of buying tickets,merchandise, pies and beer is bigger than many owners, chairmen or directors! That's without travelling, missing the last train home, having to buy the missus stuff to make up for being late and very occasionally drunk :blink:.

At the end of the day (god, i hate that saying), there is no football club without the fans. The one permanent fixture is the fans. Everything else changes, players, managers, owners, but whatever happens, once you're a Derby fan, then that's it. Its not negotiable, we can't transfer to another club. Yes, we can stay away for a period of time but ultimately we'll be drawn back like a moth to a flame.

It is not in any chairman's interest to alienate the fans so we must assume that Mr. Morris is only interested in what's best for DCFC - which makes him one of us!

You post stuff? 

​Someone's got to big up the mail service so Cameron's henchmen can sell it off on the cheap to their banker buddies.

I've nothing against the fella, in fact I love it that a local businessman, and lifelong fan who's made good wants to invest in the club.

I pay no heed to reports he's more involved in day to day business, even if he is so what, it's his cash so that gives him a legitimate say in how it's spent.

It's just the atmosphere of fear that seems to have enveloped this forum,and this thread in particular since his arrival that gets me, at the end of the day we're a bunch of DCFC nerds, who occasionally post both sense and nonsense, yet I feel we can't say what we wish, even if the post is obviously satirical or indeed critical.

Whilst I fully understand the removal of offensive or defamatory posts, and agree name calling is unwelcome, I feel the line between freedom of expression, and Mr Morris's right to accurate representation, has been somewhat blurred recently.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but he's not made the best 1st impression with me, and I suspect some others, although I'm sure that wasn't his original intention.

​Pretty sure a comment I made last week on the second page of this thread has been removed. Could a mod confirm?

Ridiculously over cautious if so, wasnt anything remotely libel in that comment.

Can't I even say he's not my sort of person?

Non executive chairman. Need I keep saying it? No real evidence to suggest that Mel is sticking too much of his own say in it. Good job you put in 'what appears to be'. That's what saves the newspapers and their useless backsides on a daily basis. 'It appears' that you're jumping to conclusions based on no evidence.

​Tombo - He did say in the Press Conference last week he will be in the club and helping out a fair amount of the time. That doesn't sound like non-executive to me?

​Pretty sure a comment I made last week on the second page of this thread has been removed. Could a mod confirm?

Ridiculously over cautious if so, wasnt anything remotely libel in that comment.

Can't I even say he's not my sort of person?

​I can see a post by you on page 2 that's still there saying he's not your geezer, may have moved up due to other posts being removed so not where you thought it was

​On page 1 for me.

My apologies. 

Daveo has called off his legal team... Thank you for the apology ?

So every time we sign a new player it will appear to you that our Chairman has been putting too much of his own say on things.

why do you think he has too much say? I cannot respect such a view, as I have already said people of taking a dislike of the legal issue ( that is possibly reasonable depending on circumstance/impression and fact we rightly know nothing of said event ) and then becoming biased and  using said dislike to look for issues such as "we have a new manager, and we are signing players therefore I am entitled to conclude too much say from chairman" it is frankly nonsense to think our new manager did not want these new signings. 

We have just signed two players well versed with championship and premier league football. Of course we started our interest in Bent before Clement joined us.....he played for us, played well and fans and management of the day wished to sign Bent based on his good performances in our team. We can all have concerns about how Bent will play with Martin and how well the team performs with just Bent as a solo striker......BUT that does not led a sane person to conclude we have a chairman putting too much of his own say on things. It simply does not appear that way at all.

why do you think it appears that way? And the test you apply to reach your apparition ....does it pass the test that happen when all managers are new to a club and signings happen shortly thereafter.......

Archived