Mel Morris - New Chairman

cosmic

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointing that there has been no statement re Simmo and Eric.

and wassall now mentioned in dispatches? 

No surprises there then  - he's finally chairman.

Sounds like he may soon be increasing his hold over Derby to increasing his stake - or outright..

I didn't read anything in the article indicating an increase in stake or buying the club. The article only confirms that he has a significant Minority shareholding. So jt appears all the chatter about him being a majority shareholder was just chatter.

I didn't read anything in the article indicating an increase in stake or buying the club. The article only confirms that he has a significant Minority shareholding. So jt appears all the chatter about him being a majority shareholder was just chatter.

I think this is what what he's referring too.

According to Natalie J on the BBC tonight..."it's thought that he (MM) could move to buy the club outright later this month"

She'll get banned.

that's how it was reported at the time however I can remember many discussions about GSE's management fees etc... And the ownership group. GSE have never owned us, there has always been a group of owners who funded the purchase and used GSE to manage their investment. Appleby and Glick had shares but GSE as a company did not own us.

@ramblur might be able to confirm my opinion on this or not.

that's how it was reported at the time however I can remember many discussions about GSE's management fees etc... And the ownership group. GSE have never owned us, there has always been a group of owners who funded the purchase and used GSE to manage their investment. Appleby and Glick had shares but GSE as a company did not own us.

​Other way round I think ,  GSE got investors to invest in GSE .

Archived