Mel Morris - New Chairman

cosmic

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Has he ever chased away fans back to the station?

​You,probably:D. (chased away/fans)

Anyway,back on topic, I'd like to welcome Mel as our new chairman,and wish him well.Today was the first time I'd heard him speak and I was quite impressed with what he had to say. I look forward to possibly seeing a few more of our youngsters being introduced in the future and am glad that Clement will be given time to move us forward on all fronts.

Dav, I do appreciate that we need to be mindful of what we say, and personally I wouldn't want to say anything that could get the site or Daveo into trouble, but this is the second time in a week now that a whole bunch of posts have been deleted, not for making defamatory remarks about MM but for speaking out in his favour? My posts were the last lot and it was the same mod involved as today's fall out.

So I'm confused. Please would you clarify?

i suggest you read the post put up about the Libel issue, where it stated that issue was not to be discussed. The posts pruned in this thread were discussing it.

i suggest you read the post put up about the Libel issue, where it stated that issue was not to be discussed. The posts pruned in this thread were discussing it.

Having read the original posts, before they were deleted, what I read today came nowhere close to disclosing the content of the original posts, are we to not question MM at all, and accept everything that comes out of his mouth as the gospel.

I'm with @TrueLou on this, nothing posted today came anywhere close to libellous, just 2 posters to and fro ing over perceptions of MM, can we literally say nothing pro or con the man for fear of comeback? 

I've read it already. My posts were in regards to the fact that I used to work for MM and I was sharing my opinions on what kind of a person I found him to be, and my opinions are/were all positive. There was nothing defamatory or anything related to libel issues in my comments, I was arguing against the idea that we should be judging someone before he's had a chance to prove himself, and this has been wiped out.

Which is why I'm confused and would appreciate some clarity?

The moderators of this fine forum do a wonderful job and should be respected. Furthermore, I'm sure the kind-hearted and fantastic staff of this site will facilitate the swift and safe recovery of my beloved dog, Sammy.

I've read it already. My posts were in regards to the fact that I used to work for MM and I was sharing my opinions on what kind of a person I found him to be, and my opinions are/were all positive. There was nothing defamatory or anything related to libel issues in my comments, I was arguing against the idea that we should be judging someone before he's had a chance to prove himself, and this has been wiped out.

Which is why I'm confused and would appreciate some clarity?

I only hid one of your posts in this thread. Cant comment about the others.

Maybe best not to speak of him at all. Like Voldemort. Just all feels a bit Russian.

Maybe, but kind of negates the purpose of a forum if we can can't give an opinion of the owner/minority shareholder/majority shareholder/who knows WTF he's holding, chairman of our football club!

We now have the Football League's best CEO in Sam Rush, the best mentored young vibrant, intelligent Coach and the best Local Businessman working in a team for Derby County.We have the most level headed Ownership, an excellent Stadium filled with fans and a cracking Academy. The Club looks in excellent shape to me. Now for some signings and loans to build a new style of play. We wish Steve Maclaren all the best in his next job, probably at Newcastle United, according to Sky Sports. He deserves his chance in the Premiership. We will never really know what happened in the last thirteen games but we have made some outstanding decisions since Steve left for whatever reasons. Life goes on.

Having read the original posts, before they were deleted, what I read today came nowhere close to disclosing the content of the original posts, are we to not question MM at all, and accept everything that comes out of his mouth as the gospel.

I'm with @TrueLou on this, nothing posted today came anywhere close to libellous, just 2 posters to and fro ing over perceptions of MM, can we literally say nothing pro or con the man for fear of comeback? 

what? Daveos post said not to discuss the incident - the posts were removed because they involved discussing the incident.

From where I am standing, Mel Morris is a fantastic Businessman. He starts something only after very careful and due diligence. He Is DCFC through and through but he has chosen to get  involved as a businessman. He knows that Derby are on the verge of becoming a sustainable Premiership team, otherwise he would not be investing his cash. He is not doing this out of sentimentality. He is an extremely astute Businessman who loves Derby County. He will succeed because he has careful plans in place to succeed.

I only hid one of your posts in this thread. Cant comment about the others.

It was about a week ago Dav so I don't think you had anything to do with my posts going poof. No worries anyway, I just wanted to try to understand a bit better.

what? Daveos post said not to discuss the incident - the posts were removed because they involved discussing the incident.

At most they skirted around the issue, if you had no knowledge of the original posts you'd be none the wiser. 

The fact posts had been removed was mentioned, but the whys and wherefores weren't, there wasn't anything in either persons posts alluding to anything outside the public domain, therefore I think deleting ligitimate posts shows the forum in a poor light.

From where I am standing, Mel Morris is a fantastic Businessman. He starts something only after very careful and due diligence. He Is DCFC through and through but he has chosen to get  involved as a businessman. He knows that Derby are on the verge of becoming a sustainable Premiership team, otherwise he would not be investing his cash. He is not doing this out of sentimentality. He is an extremely astute Businessman who loves Derby County. He will succeed because he has careful plans in place to succeed.

You win the next bronze nose award.

I think I might have to get myself a solicitor to a) understand wtf is going on here, and b) to advise me each time I post whether I am over-stepping any legal boundary.  Cry freedom for dcfcfans.uk

Am I allowed to refer to Chairman Mel as Chairman Mao?

@truelou: You and I appear to be kindred spirits. Are you prepared to be chained up with me for 24 hours by some way of freedom of speech protest?  

Was about to like your previous post, then read this one! Once bitten twice shy!

Was about to like your previous post, then read this one! Once bitten twice shy!

I was going to include you in on the bondage, I mean chaining protest, but if I included you then we would have Tombo wailing away about how he wants to be involved too. And I know he would want to wear a beret too. 

Archived