Players being sold

Ashz09

I've been thinking about if we sold any of our players and what the reaction from the fans would be. Of the current side the only players I really want us to keep is Hughes and Martin to be honest if we sold any other player it would not really bother me aslong as we was going to replace them.

Who would you want to keep and who would you be pissed off with if they got sold.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd personally only be upset if Martin went. The most underrated player at this level and very very hard to replace.

Anyone else can go for me, the last two seasons has shown that nobody has the magic when it counts. Hughes is a showpony who slows the game down and flatters to deceive without actually doing anything. Hendrick and Bryson are inconsistent. Keogh is so short of intelligence it's cruel. Thorne hasn't really had a chance to do anything so wouldn't be missed. Christie and Forsyth lack the mental strength. Shotton lacks conviction and assurance. Albentosa just looks out of place. Dawkins goes missing for long periods. Buxton lacks pace. Grant is a liability.

Let them all go.

The last time I was a bit miffed about players being sold was when Huddlestone and Rasiak ended up at Spurs, and that was because the club was being asset-stripped by the Amigos. Before that you've probably got to go back to Bob flogging off the crown jewels to try to sustain his own rotten empire.

I think I could live with any of the current lot being shipped out - even Will and Sir Jake The Lionheart - because I don't think that we are being run by crooks, embezzlers and a man willing to steal from a pensioner's cookie jar.

every player as his price ,  wouldnt be to fussed if , Keogh , Albentosa ,  Dawkins ,  Shotton ,  Christie ,  where all sold on

​Alentosa?? are you sure he hasn't exactly had a chance to do anything yet has he?? how can you sell a player who hasn't played enough to see what he is like? we are bringing in a Top Spanish coach who will work with him and get the best out of him. I think it's a little premature to sell him.

If any went it would be down to the replacements and if the fee allowed us to strengthen in more than one area. Not one of these Derby players will spend their entire career at Derby so what is the point in being upset although I may be frustrated if they are not replaced. The sacking of our second best manager...sorry head coach in my lifetime and watching Game of Thrones kill off main characters at any time must have hardened me.

​Alentosa?? are you sure he hasn't exactly had a chance to do anything yet has he?? how can you sell a player who hasn't played enough to see what he is like? we are bringing in a Top Spanish coach who will work with him and get the best out of him. I think it's a little premature to sell him.

​Brian Clough did it with Phil Boyer.

It's strange being in this situation you'd think nearly getting promoted via play offs and then being 5 points clear and nearly getting the play offs again we wouldn't wan to sell any one.

I just don't feel like any one stands out any more or carries the team when we need it. I guess it's due to expectations rising and the trust in the board to bring someone better in.

@Daveo I totally agree the amount of times I've sat there watching the credits at the end thinking WTF just happened it's kinda the norm now!

​Brian Clough did it with Phil Boyer.

​Sorry Ed were not all as old as you to remember ;-)

The point is I believe he has something to give lets see this season.. If he wasn't that good then why did Eibar dive so rapidly after he left. He was playing against Messi and Ronaldo, Can't be that bad.. Can he?

On the basis that we are likely to have to change our style from Barca B to Real B I think the only players on our books I wouldn't sell at the moment are Martin, Hughes, Thorne and Albentosa.  Martin is Benzema in every way but from being French, but supposedly he does have a gran who once when on LeShuttle so he might have some fractional claims to be a little bit Gallic.  Hughes needs a kick up the jacksy to become a Modric, and hopefully our new coach will be that man.  Thorne and Albentosa have had no opportunity to really evidence their value, so deserve a full season, hopefully fit throughout, to evidence they are a Galactico in the making.  Perhaps we should sign up Ince too. I read the other day that some former footballer thought he was as good as Bale.

The rest, sorry to be fickle but I wouldn't be a bit bothered.

​yes deffinatly sure ,

I'm annoyed at the idea of selling any first team player unless he is replaced with someone who is proven to be better. It's undeniable that this squad has or is very close to having the talent required to get promoted, so I would advise that we think extremely carefully before making changes for change's sake.

So far we've let one of our starting wingers go for nothing when he had a year left on his contract. I am waiting with bated breath to see who we will replace him with, and I will complain loudly and obnoxiously if I feel that player doesn't pass muster.

These players were all conquering for best parts of last season, i would sign bent and ince and keep the money for further into the season, you don't become bad over night.

​No, we became bad over a couple of months....hence finishing as the 8th best team in the league..

its not about selling it is about replacing with better.....and we need better for Albentosa, Keogh, Bryson

Players come and go out of the squad all the time.  in 3 years its likely that not 1 of them will remain.

I would be disappointed if hughes and martin went these 2 are the only players we currently have that are better than championship level. (Thorne is too but is he ever going to be fit)

although I would be sad to see a few other favourites of mine go (Russell Buxton Hendrick) I think the rest of our squad are championship level and nothing else, and with the right scouting would not be too hard to replace.

Archived