Players being sold

Ashz09

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​How about several breeze blocks and the North Sea then???

​Ah, the old 'concrete overshoes' method. I like it.

Saying that the whole place was full of mouth breathing women 

​Not a patch on ear-breathing women.

They are worth their weight in gold.

So you've decided to ignore that I said it was Martin and Hughes that set us apart from teams like Wolves and Ipswich? 

We didn't have Martin for a long stretch of the period that saw us go from being comfortably better than Ipswich and Wolves (beating Wolves 5-0 with Martin, losing 2-0 without him and beating Ipswich 1-0 with Martin scoring) to finishing below them.

​No, not at all, but its a fact, we were the 8th best squad in the league last season and Wolves and Ipswich were both better than us, depsite us having Martin and Hughes for the majority of the season fully fit and flying.

Don't worry guys Martin and Thorne aren't leaving if Clement if our manager. I imagine that he will want to play The Real Madrid way.

I think these are the players who will 100% be here next season if Clement takes charge:

Martin= Benzema. Both hold up players, great technically and linking with the midfielders.

Keogh= Sergio Ramos. Both like run out of the defence and start of the attacks

Thorne= Alonso/Kroos. Dictate the play with long or short passes and provide the defensive cover

Hughes= Modric. This is a big year for Hughes and if Clement becomes our manager then I think he can teach Hughes the defensive side of the game just like he did with Modric.

Dawkins=Isco. I think Dawkins will be a regular starter next season because I think Clement will want someone who is good on the ball to link the defensive to attack.

The players I think at the most risk of leaving are Forsyth( I imagine he will want small, quick wing backs just like Real Madrid do), I'm guessing Obita from Reading , Hendrick and Bryson will also leave.

I do think he will stick with the 4-3-3. This is what I think his team will be, although this is not my preferred choice

4-3-3

Grant/new keeper

new fast right back Keogh new left centre back new  fast left back

Thorne

Hughes          Dawkins

New winger      Martin    New winger

This will turn into a 4-4-2 when we lose posession with one of the wingers joining Martin up front with the other winger forming a 4 man midfield with Thorne, Hughes and Dawkins.

Don't worry guys Martin and Thorne aren't leaving if Clement if our manager. I imagine that he will want to play The Real Madrid way.

Martin= Benzema. Both hold up players, great technically and linking with the midfielders.

Thorne= Alonso/Kroos. Dictate the play with long or short passes and provide the defensive cover

Hughes= Modric. This is a big year for Hughes and if Clement becomes our manager then I think he can teach Hughes the defensive side of the game just like he did with Modric.

Dawkins=Isco. I think Dawkins will be a regular starter next season because I think Clement will want someone who is good on the ball to link the defensive to attack.

​What did I jut read :pinch:

Anyone else surprised to not here press whispers of hughes and Martin being sounded out by Prem teams?

We've had 2 seasons of Will to Liverpool and now the seasons over, we've not heard anything.

And you can argue that Chrissy is only valuable with our Midfield running off him and he'd fail in the prem, but considering he's had 2 consecutive seasons of scoring 20+ goals, then you'd think there'd at least be some paper talk.??

anyhoo.

out of all the players I just think Hendrick is the most replaceable.

and by that I mean we can get better for the money I think another team would shell out for him.

very few properly great perfomances in the last season.

Anyone else surprised to not here press whispers of hughes and Martin being sounded out by Prem teams?

We've had 2 seasons of Will to Liverpool and now the seasons over, we've not heard anything.

And you can argue that Chrissy is only valuable with our Midfield running off him and he'd fail in the prem, but considering he's had 2 consecutive seasons of scoring 20+ goals, then you'd think there'd at least be some paper talk.??

anyhoo.

out of all the players I just think Hendrick is the most replaceable.

and by that I mean we can get better for the money I think another team would shell out for him.

very few properly great perfomances in the last season.

​It perhaps reflects how ineffective Hughes was in the last couple of months, plus Martin being injured they both may have dropped off people's radar. Wait until the European Under-21 Championships start. If Hughes plays well, it will all start over again.

http://kwiksurveys.com/s/5b4o7ilbc6n62j8533669

Sell or keep poll.
I've not included the crop of youngsters signed last season - Calero, Bunkan etc.
It's sell if an acceptable offer was made or keep.
If the contract is expiring it's whether to renew or allow to leave.

Oh and I know I ducked up Connor Sammons contract date, hoped/thought it was 2015 but we've another year of him.....

Who I'd sell... I guess it depends on replacements, and whether we can improve the squad in those areas.

I'd sell Warnock, Shotton, Bryson, Hendrick and Sammon. I think we'd save quite a bit on wages with those gone too.

I think we need as many as four new first-team players to really push us over the line. A new CB, FB, CM and Winger. Whether that CB and Winger can be Albentosa (with a decent pre-season) and Ince (if he returns) remains to be seen.

But I'd definitely look at CM. Bryson of two years ago would be fabulous, but that's unlikely and his wages do not reflect his ability. Hendrick is massively overrated, IMO. Need a new player in there and Dawkins as competition.

I think these are the players who will 100% be here next season if Clement takes charge:

The players I think at the most risk of leaving are Forsyth( I imagine he will want small, quick wing backs just like Real Madrid do), I'm guessing Obita from Reading , Hendrick and Bryson will also leave.

I do think he will stick with the 4-3-3. This is what I think his team will be, although this is not my preferred choice

4-3-3

Grant/new keeper

new fast right back Keogh new left centre back new  fast left back

Thorne

Hughes          Dawkins

New winger      Martin    New winger

This will turn into a 4-4-2 when we lose posession with one of the wingers joining Martin up front with the other winger forming a 4 man midfield with Thorne, Hughes and Dawkins.

Wtf?! That is the funniest post I've read on a forum! love your optimism though :{

To be fair to @dcfcrammyboy1, he's only comparing the players they have in those positions to our own players in the same slots for ease of comparison.

I don't read it as a like for like study.

​Im in total agreement, it scares me too sam rush said on RD that the board did not trust sm with 10 - 20 million investment now it is being reported that steve evans is in charge of recruitment???

Im a little confused by this, does this mean that our head coach now has no say in signing players?

See what you mean mate, I presume Pearce and Bent on a free are too good to miss, and that any purchases

are going to be of the caliber of Ince etc, which no Championship manager could refuse!!

Archived