Players being sold

Ashz09

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody has said Sammon...

At the moment I wouldn't let Russell go because he's our only winger. Nor would I want Hendrick or Hughes to leave because, with an anchored DM behind them, they are magical. I wouldn't sell Bryson unless the price was right. Selling Martin would be ridiculous.

I'd only sell Sammon and Buxton really - maybe Dawkins? Apart from that we have a good squad that needs building on - NOT selling off and rebuying.

Get in the necessary players, but we don't need to go selling off our assets, no thank you.

Players come and go out of the squad all the time.  in 3 years its likely that not 1 of them will remain.

I would be disappointed if hughes and martin went these 2 are the only players we currently have that are better than championship level. (Thorne is too but is he ever going to be fit)

although I would be sad to see a few other favourites of mine go (Russell Buxton Hendrick) I think the rest of our squad are championship level and nothing else, and with the right scouting would not be too hard to replace.

​It's the "right scouting" bit that scares me........who's doing it?

​It's the "right scouting" bit that scares me........who's doing it?

​There's a guy who runs a paper shop just come available, I think.

Considering that a lot of our recent success has been built around a strong sense of community within the dressing room, wholesale changes, especially to the first team squad, seems a bit reckless. Here's who I would sell:

Warnock

Dawkins or Hughes

Sammon

I realise that it doesn't seem a very comprehensive list but players that many are calling to be sold, would be good quality back-up for new players we bring in. Forsyth and Christie as back up fullbacks, Shotton and Keogh/Buxton as CB backups, Eustace as CDM backup, Bryson/Dawkins as CM backup, Calero and Bennett as backup wingers and a new striker as backup for Martin.

As said, everyone has their price but for Martin id only accept over £18million, he is that crucial we would have to buy 2-3 players to fill the void.

Think I am ready for Hughes to go, showed his quality and for the right price I think its time for him to take the step up.

Wouldn't want Thorne to go but I highly doubt someone would try and buy him, 2 severe knee injuries before the age of 22.... I love Thorne but I don't think another team would swoop in.

The rest of them though I would be sad to see them go but they can be replaced IMO.

Anyway... The new coach will assemble the greatest squad the world has ever seen!!! An undefeated season would be nice

As said, everyone has their price but for Martin id only accept over £18million, he is that crucial we would have to buy 2-3 players to fill the void.

Think I am ready for Hughes to go, showed his quality and for the right price I think its time for him to take the step up.

Wouldn't want Thorne to go but I highly doubt someone would try and buy him, 2 severe knee injuries before the age of 22.... I love Thorne but I don't think another team would swoop in.

The rest of them though I would be sad to see them go but they can be replaced IMO.

Anyway... The new coach will assemble the greatest squad the world has ever seen!!! An undefeated season would be nice

If Martin were to go.... You would be lucky to top 5/6 million for him

​Actually Clough always said the best time to change the team was after a good season.

​Boyer was sold after we finished 18th in Division 2

In my eyes, we've got a moderately good championship squad, but with two special players that set us apart from a Wolves/Ipswich.

Martin and Hughes are very much our two best and most valuable players, I personally would hang onto them at all costs. If Ince joins, I would add him to this list. Maybe Bent.

Then there's a bunch of pretty solid Championship players who could fit into any top 6 team

Hendrick, Bryson, Russell, Keogh, Grant, Forsyth, Thorne.

All of these players are players I'd like to see stay, but would be much easier to replace than the special ones, particularly if they went for a fee we know they're not worth. Thorne is only on this list because he's been injured, a fully fit Thorne would be up there with Martin and Hughes.

Then there's the lot I'm not sure about

Dawkins- I really rate him, but he's got to decide if he's a winger or a CM.

Albentosa- will definitely stay, still a lot more to come from him.

Shotton- he's versatile and a useful squad player, while he shouldn't be a starter, I think he's enjoying it here and should stick around.

Christie- I wouldn't be surprised if he left, but I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed and had a brilliant season. We stand to make a profit on Christie, however.

Bucko- he'll stay.

Eustace- he'll stay.

Warnock- sell him if you can, but there's worse LB back-up, in all honesty.

Every player has their price and every player can be improved upon.

We wouldn't sell cheap, so I'm not really fussed.

Martin and Buxton would be the two that would get to me the most. Martin is quite hard to replace and has become very important here, while Buxton embodies what, as fans, we want to see. Distribution from the back, in our team, is huge. I wouldn't like to see Buxton go because of that, too. Keogh can knock the ball around as well as anyone else in the division in defence. The rest, however, have problems. Albentosa needs to improve 500% with regards to this over the summer.

​we had the 8th best squad last season, Wolves and Ipswich were both better than us.

So you've decided to ignore that I said it was Martin and Hughes that set us apart from teams like Wolves and Ipswich? 

We didn't have Martin for a long stretch of the period that saw us go from being comfortably better than Ipswich and Wolves (beating Wolves 5-0 with Martin, losing 2-0 without him and beating Ipswich 1-0 with Martin scoring) to finishing below them.

Archived