Derby want to sign Bent and Ince

You're quoting a man that wants us to sign Joey Barton!

​To be fair the other 10 players on the pitch wasn't any better, looked like they had all been dragged out of bed 5 minutes before after kick off

​Fixed

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12 goals in 13 games and you wouldn't sign him???

You certainly set the bar high,for any potential signings

​Fair point  his ratio is better than Martins but I know who I prefer..It's not his ability it's the over all package ,too old ex prem looking for last pay day etc etc. .Just not right .

​Fair point  his ratio is better than Martins but I know who I prefer..It's not his ability it's the over all package ,too old ex prem looking for last pay day etc etc. .Just not right .

​nonsense, if he wanted a pay day, there'd be better deals than coming here.

Final point before I go for my morning poo. A lot of fans complained we didn't have a plan B last season when Martin was injured, signing a Martin clone would make no sense, well it would if we could find one that has 20 goals a season in him and willing to sit on the bench, good luck with that!

Bent whilst he didn't really fit into our system last season still scored plenty of goals, imagine a plan B, a plan Bent that did suit him, how many more goals would we be able to squeeze out of him! A player that can come in and knows the club, knows the players that comes with Premier League AND international experience.

New manager may also have a plan to include both, 2 proven goalscorer in one team! makes me wet just thinking about the possibilities.

I say that because I believe our next manager would have been consulted, possibly with Ward and Eustace as well, the club would be extremely silly to sign a player that a incoming manager doesn't want or plan to use. We're not Forest with Fawaz, I really don't see Rush signing bald headed players on big money and expecting the manager to play them....yeah yeah head coach, ram it, just fancy job title for the same job with a scout that has the ear of the money men. 

​No mate ,he would be all wrong .Ex prem ,long contract probably high wages just the sort of player we shouldn't be signing. Watched his body language against Reading and it was all wrong [amongst others]

I'm assuming/hoping this is sarcasm. Prem experience, not past it, a goal scorer.

I don't know if you were one of the majority to walk out before the FT whistle against Reading, but Bent was one of the last ones on the pitch, he looked gutted yet stayed to thank the fans. Shows me a player who would be happy to come and help the cause here.

All this nonsense about 'one big pay day' - Bent was nothing but professional while those around him collapsed at just the wrong moment. A lot of the side were clearly tired and that obviously explains a lot but there were times when you could be forgiven for thinking Bent was the only one really trying.

Yes, always stay to the end  especially at the last match of the season ]getting a bit old to go on the pitch] .sorry but posters on here seem unable to differentiate the fact I am not on about playing ability but the whole package .Seen it too many times would rather the money spent at the back and on a younger player with potential added resale value. 

If Bent would come I'd be very suprised! I'd see him going else where wages would be high which I don't think would be a problem.

Ince would cost to much IMO £6 mill+ can't see that happening.

​He has one year left on his contract. Hull are now in the Championship. He is past the age of compensation...I think. He will cost no more than what Hull paid for him. They will have a lot to do this summer. We do not even know if Bruce will still be their manager. They will not want to spend months trying to get the best deal for one player when they have dozens of other negotiations they also have to focus on. 

​He has one year left on his contract. Hull are now in the Championship. He is past the age of compensation...I think. He will cost no more than what Hull paid for him. They will have a lot to do this summer. We do not even know if Bruce will still be their manager. They will not want to spend months trying to get the best deal for one player when they have dozens of other negotiations they also have to focus on.

​Someone pulled me up on that and I did agree with them didn't know he only had 1 year left in his contract.

Yes, always stay to the end  especially at the last match of the season ]getting a bit old to go on the pitch] .sorry but posters on here seem unable to differentiate the fact I am not on about playing ability but the whole package .Seen it too many times would rather the money spent at the back and on a younger player with potential added resale value. 

​a good defence can only win you ONE point, a good attack can win you THREE, hence teams that score the most generally get promoted. Yes, you have to score more than you concede, but you rarely see teams that cannot score succeed.

After last season I can't see why anybody wouldn't want Bent or Ince? They won us games, and what we need is match winners. 

Do ou remember the last time we were signing players of this calibre? 

I for one am very excited to see these two named Rams!

Happy that Bent will be a top quality Championship striker but I am less convinced he will still "have it" if we got to the prem and we could still be saddled with a long contract with potentially high wages by then - you'd think he would be canny enough to write in a big pay rise if we got promoted.

Dont think its bin posted elsewhere.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32911963

Darren Bent: Derby County to sign striker as recruitment continues

Derby County chief executive Sam Rush says sacking head coach Steve McClaren will not hamper their transfer plans, with striker Darren Bent set to become their first new summer recruit.

Real Madrid assistant boss Paul Clement is expected to replace McClaren but the deal may not happen until next week.

Rush said the club's infrastructure meant the upheaval was not an issue.

"Our recruitment is a stand-alone department, so we are in a very good position," Rush told BBC Radio Derby.

"Clearly the head coach has to be part of that and we are not providing players he doesn't want, but lots of the work is in place."

Ex-England striker Bent, 31, scored 12 goals in 17 appearances after joining Derby on loan in January and will becomes a free agent when his Aston Villa contract runs out at the end of June.

Rush said head of football operations Chris Evans will continue to work on bringing in new faces.

"When the new head coach is appointed I am sure there will be a good flow of players shortly afterwards," he continued.

"I am confident we will get the recruitment process right in relation to the new head coach and I am confident the squad that will assembled will be a very strong squad.

[Paul Clement]

Clement joined Real Madrid in 2013 as Carlo Ancelotti's number two and helped the club to Champions League glory in 2014

"Making any change in head coach or manager at a club always has some degree of concern for everyone, but I am confident the right decision has been made.

"We have the great benefit of a super team under contract that only needs fine tuning to enable it be competitive."

Derby led the Championship on 24 February, but won just twice in their final 13 games of the season to finish two places, and one point, adrift of the top six, amid constant specualation that former England boss McClaren would be taking over at Newcastle.

I can only say you're beyond repair if you don't see Bent and Ince as impeccable signings. 

Ince made Russell's effort levels in the last three months look appaling - Ward too. 

Bent scored very important goals, too, we'd have ended on less than 70 points had it not been for them. As I said yesterday, whoever the new manager is, we'd be daft not to sign them up. 

Bent is one who should be signed regardless. If we're going to play with a flat pack midfield then shelling whatever money out on Ince could be a mistake. However, Ince is similar quality to Hughes and Thorne. 

We still need a Martin-type striker, as well, but Bent was another dimension we so desperately needed. We have to be the only club in the top half of the Championship, at the moment, with one proven goalscorer. Sammon isn't good enough and Thomas is hugely unproven. It leaves Martin, so we need at least two strikers, if Bent is one then we're laughing.

"Clearly the head coach has to be part of that and we are not providing players he doesn't want, but lots of the work is in place."

Tells me the new Managers already approving them / declining them then, welcome Mr Clement . . . 

Archived