Derby want to sign Bent and Ince

Rudy Gestede  younger , more scope , terrific in the air , I personally would go for him before Bent .

He's not out of contract is he? 

From what I heard in January they were turning bids down for Gustede well in excess of a couple of million. Surely destined for the PL. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gestede looks set for Vicarage Road

One man who has previously been linked with a move to the Liberty Stadium but now looks set for a move elsewhere is Rudy Gestede.

The former Cardiff City forward, who scored 22 goals for Blackburn this season, was linked with a £7m move to the Swans at the end of April.

But now it appears that newly-promoted Watford have won the race for his signature with reports claiming he is on the verge of a £5m transfer to Vicarage Road.

Rush says NO  players will be signed without the new manager/coach's agreement, I he does not want them they will not be signed .

Allegedly (but nobody can prove for sure, my lawyers have told me to say) we've had chats with possible head coaches before McClaren even went, so it is possible we already have an idea about what the next guy is going to want in terms of personnel.

I really hope we get Ince. He's a match winner and capable of 20 goals in this league. He's the type of player that justifys paying the entrance fee and enjoyed watching him last season.

Bent is a no brainer for me, he just scores goals. Get him in!

It all depends on the new system the coach wants to implement.

If we stick with 433, I'd sign Ince but not Bent due to Bent being too good and expensive as a backup to Martin. However, if we find a system that accomodates both players then we may see both arriving.

I really hope we get Ince. He's a match winner and capable of 20 goals in this league. He's the type of player that justifys paying the entrance fee and enjoyed watching him last season.

Bent is a no brainer for me, he just scores goals. Get him in!

​Ince is capable of not only scoring 20 in a season, but also getting 13 assists and 7 penalties. Anyone who doesn;t want him can go down the road and support that other team. 

I wonder if Clement would adopt a more fortified style and, like Karanka play with two CDM's. Seemed to work well for them this season, barring Wembley of course . . . 

​Why would you want us to be more like Boro? They played like we did under Billy, the two teams that went up scored over 90 goals compared to Boro's 68. I really hope we don't go back that way of boring negative football. We may as well have not sacked Clough if we wanted to do that. 

Allegedly (but nobody can prove for sure, my lawyers have told me to say) we've had chats with possible head coaches before McClaren even went, so it is possible we already have an idea about what the next guy is going to want in terms of personnel.

You want a new lawyer!

'Allegedley' doesn't effect whether a comment is libel or not!

​Ince is capable of not only scoring 20 in a season, but also getting 13 assists and 7 penalties. Anyone who doesn;t want him can go down the road and support that other team.

​Why would I want to do that?

I've probably been supporting my team longer than you, from 1946, and I am entitled to  my opinions as previously stated on this forum.    I maintain that Ince has never been and will never be a 100% team player, OK he will score goals and be responsible for helping others to score but he has an innate attitude that makes me come to the conclusion that he plays football possibly 70% for himself and 30% for the team.

Some may be prepared to accept that contribution but it is not what I want from players who don the Derby County shirt, I do not want mercenaries, I would prefer players who will commit at least 99.999% to my club, I realise that some will not do that and I will have to accept loyalty to a lesser degree but the ratios that Ince appears to adhere to are not acceptable to me.

re Ince playing for himself... so sausaging what, if he does well for himself, the team should by default do quite well. If he gives 9/10 performances, then he has done his bit. 

What Knabby is saying, is surely that he wants Ince to carry the team? Not acceptable in my opinion.

Archived