Paul Clement...

Don't think we'd have sacked Mac without having somebody lined up first. Clement is still technically under contract at Madrid, 

Didnt Advocat say he'd be happy to stay if Sunderland backed him in the Market? Obviously not that willing to dip into their pockets so why would clement want to start his managerial career at a club where he can't mould and change the squad as he sees fit?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that is the case the board should have considered this  a) before leaving us manager less and  b) before going for him.

I am sure the board have ambitions don't all football club owners and directors,I don't think Sam had a tan in his interview more red. With embarrassment for the staged un informative Pr statement he gave.Dont get me wrong I like Sam and have utmost respect for the present owners.But don't talk of high ambition 3 year plans promotion and retaining premiership status without putting some thing on the table 

If the deal has been done and sealed but crnt say anything yet as hes undercontract at real madrid still why crnt rush say we have our man just carnt release any infomation yet ? I agree with the he looks worried comments and hes a man under alot of stress atm

Sunderland Echo were reporting on April 22nd that Advocaat was only a temp replacement until they got their first choice in at the end of the season who was Paul Clement, but they also mention that we were pursuing him.

Advocaat has confirmed that Sunderland offered him a new contract as soon as they were safe, so did they offer it because they were all completely in love with him by this point or because they were aware their first choice was way down the line in talks with us?

Maybe a bit of both.....

Watch the Sam Rush video again, for the first 10 secs you can clearly see Paul Clements reflection in the montage picture behind SR, checking out his new contract on an IPAD. 

He reappears in shot from 2.37 mins onwards, clearly agitated over the castration clause he's just found inserted in the small print.

I'm not even lying, check it out.

Clement was a coach at Chelsea the same time Lee Congerton (Sunderland director) was there, will be interesting if Rush and co can pull this off.

Owen Bradley seemed certain he'd be here next week, respected Spanish journos said the same only earlier today....

Firstly, thankyou for allowing immediate registration, so many messageboards make you wait for days.

I think Clement will become Sunderland's new coach. We have a Director of Football system, unfortunately, so a coach rather than manager will fit the bill. Clement and Congerton (our DoF) are good friends and Clement's name was linked with us before Advocat came in.

Personally, I'd rather we sacked Congerton and appointed Sean Dyche as manager but it could be that your loss will be your gain. If you get Dyche I think he'll be a better appointment than Clement.

We should know soon. Good Luck!

Firstly, thankyou for allowing immediate registration, so many messageboards make you wait for days.

I think Clement will become Sunderland's new coach. We have a Director of Football system, unfortunately, so a coach rather than manager will fit the bill. Clement and Congerton (our DoF) are good friends and Clement's name was linked with us before Advocat came in.

Personally, I'd rather we sacked Congerton and appointed Sean Dyche as manager but it could be that your loss will be your gain. If you get Dyche I think he'll be a better appointment than Clement.

We have a DoF too. I hope you get Dyche too, much rather we had Clement.

I'm sure he'll come here soon. If Clement doesn't come, I'll...

Actually no, even I'm not that stupid. Has Paddy Ashdown eaten his hat yet?

He still waiting for Mcturks to fashion him a donner meat boater.

Ello and welcome!

What makes you think he's yours? Have you any gossip to share?

We have a DoF too. I hope you get Dyche too, much rather we had Clement.

​...me too, but the lot of us might look daft with that in 6 months. Que sera.

​Lol we have DOF too. Hope you get big Sam or Paul Lambert.

​Thanks for sharing information.  Are you likely to have any funds available to invest in your squad this year? 

Welcome ROKERITE, any confirmation this Congerton chappie's been in touch with Clement ?

​In reply to you and TrueLou, no I've no inside knowledge. However, Congerton and Clement are apparently friends and former colleagues and Clement's name was being bandied about as a successor to Poyet before was sacked.

Other names are being mentioned, Allardyce and McClaren among them, but Clement would be an obvious choice, though to me a huge gamble. It could be that we get Clement, you get Dyche, and many of us would happily swap.

​In reply to you and TrueLou, no I've no inside knowledge. However, Congerton and Clement are apparently friends and former colleagues and Clement's name was being bandied about as a successor to Poyet before was sacked.

Other names are being mentioned, Allardyce and McClaren among them, but Clement would be an obvious choice, though to me a huge gamble. It could be that we get Clement, you get Dyche, and many of us would happily swap.

​Cheers for getting back, suppose we'll just have to play the waiting game, bloody football eh ?

Archived