Paul Clement...

Back to Clement, how do you think hell be perceived at the club by the players, Sam Rush, Mel Morris etc. Remember listening to TalkSport when someone commented that managers that have never played football aren't respected well by the players, I hope this wont happen with our players, they are all good eggs (if Rams laid eggs). I hope the PSG/Chelsea/Madrid history gives him the respect and trust he deserves but who knows. Just a point that maybe the players will have teething problems with him due to his lack of experience of actually being a player.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to Clement, how do you think hell be perceived at the club by the players, Sam Rush, Mel Morris etc. Remember listening to TalkSport when someone commented that managers that have never played football aren't respected well by the players, I hope this wont happen with our players, they are all good eggs (if Rams laid eggs). I hope the PSG/Chelsea/Madrid history gives him the respect and trust he deserves but who knows. Just a point that maybe the players will have teething problems with him due to his lack of experience of actually being a player.

​An article about him posted on here in the last few days spoke of how Real Madrid players accepted him purely because he was rated by Ancelotti. But soon enough he earned the respect in his own right from the players like Ronaldo, Benzema, Kroos, whatever world stars. You'd think that the players of Derby County would appreciate and respect a coach deemed good enough to coach players of such quality that our players could only dream of being as good as the players of Real Madrid in their wildest dreams.

Perhaps if we were a premier league club but there shouldn't be any problems here. He's a bigger name than the vast majority, if not all, of our players.

​An article about him posted on here in the last few days spoke of how Real Madrid players accepted him purely because he was rated by Ancelotti. But soon enough he earned the respect in his own right from the players like Ronaldo, Benzema, Kroos, whatever world stars. You'd think that the players of Derby County would appreciate and respect a coach deemed good enough to coach players of such quality that our players could only dream of being as good as the players of Real Madrid in their wildest dreams.

Perhaps if we were a premier league club but there shouldn't be any problems here. He's a bigger name than the vast majority, if not all, of our players.

​2 great points, I shall sleep easy tonight :D

Granted he is manager :unsure:

Yeah, I think if he's good enough to coach Ronaldo and Ramos that he might be alright with us. 

Maybe a few might question his credentials if things go bad and tensions are high. More so than a manager who's been there and done that and is a winner. But I'd imagine most would be excited to be involved with anything related to Real's first team. 

Anyway, if things go bad I think we'll all question his ability to manage.

@Daveo it appears that the Albentosa parody account has nicked that picture and tweeted it himself. Go on own up, who on the forum runs that account?

Wonder if the guy behind Eustace is on here too?

Got retweeted a fair bit on Twitter when I tweeted it out so may not be on here

​Ooooh get you!!! ;)

I know, can't wait for the missus to finish work to show her what a productive day I've had with 16 retweets, 20 favourites and 14 forum likes. Even had a cheeky hour in bed after as I was worn out.

​Agreed. Not sure if they fully understand the meaning of parody but ah well. Still managed to somehow get close to 900 followers... not sure how.

​Derby fans eh.

He stole the Wolf of Wall Street scene from here as well. Unfunny and unoriginal. 

I know, can't wait for the missus to finish work to show her what a productive day I've had with 16 retweets, 20 favourites and 14 forum likes. Even had a cheeky hour in bed after as I was worn out.

​Can't believe you are 100 or so likes behind Mr Popular. Time for you to re-set mine to zero?

​Can't believe you are 100 or so likes behind Mr Popular.

​I need to be more insulting to other members, these photoshop and essays take too long for the likes I'm rewarded with.

I'll catch you up....idiot.

​Not sure why you included Sam Rush,Mel Morris etc. in this.I'd kinda hope they had a good perception of him !

​I need to be more insulting to other members, these photoshop and essays take too long for the likes I'm rewarded with.

I'll catch you up....idiot.

​It's the percentage of likes to posts that counts.

:p

​What do I win?

​At times like this, I would post the 'one free internet' pic, but Photobucket is currently down for maintenance. Consequently, you will have to settle for the fall-back, which is basically that Daveo buys you a beer.

Archived