Paul Clement...

​It £2 million a year contract he has been offered - and a 4 year contact.

Mac apparently has had £2 million + pay off

When I went to school all that totals £10 million

​I went to a good school - it was approved.

What you are failing to take into account is what McClaren's (or any other manager's) salary would have been over the next 4 years.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​It £2 million a year contract he has been offered - and a 4 year contact.

Mac apparently has had £2 million + pay off

When I went to school all that totals £10 million

​When I went to school I was taught not to believe everything you read in the papers.

Actually no, they didn't teach me that in school - it's just that I'm not a complete idiot.

​When I went to school I was taught not to believe everything you read in the papers.

Actually no, they didn't teach me that in school - it's just that I'm not a complete idiot.

Do you want a second opinion?

Paul Clement is probably the best trained and mentored assistant coach/manager with no managerial experience of being in charge in the European game at present. He has excelled in all the ways that he could and he has an extremely glowing report from Ancellotti as a very intelligent, dynamic coach. Ferguson went for Maclaren and he won the treble, more or less right away. Steve has given his best and has fallen short of reaching the target for a variety of reasons. Mel Morris paid his money last year and expected promotion as we all did. Steve did not get the desired result and has paid the price. if you are gambling on winning £130 Million you can risk serious money and possibly make a massive profit. Mel has made his way in life, now he wants his home team in the Premiership.We used to say, "Do not mess with Sam", now we must understand that Mel is going to get DCFC into the Premiership..Paying Steve £2 million could be dwarfed if we get promotion. Paul Clement has worked for Real Madrid, so he is not coming here without promises of the money to stand a chance of building a team that can stay up. I do not think that Steve would have got us promoted next season.so Paul will probably get his chance and take it very well in my opinion.Some reports on Sky suggested that Paul was first approached in January.so the rubber will hit the road very quickly.We need six players, four of them must have old heads and must form the spine of the new team. We need an experienced goalkeeper, three more, no none-sense defenders for the back four, a defensive central midfielder and a striker before the new season starts.Get your Spanish phrasebook dusted off.

How long did it take the board to employ steve mac after the sacking of NC ? Im sure it was 2/3 days later...could be wrong though. 

I dont think the clement deal is as cert as everyone thinks ... im just hoping mel and co havnt ****** up ... surely derby wud want to announce the new manager a day or so after mac had been sacked ?

How long did it take the board to employ steve mac after the sacking of NC ? Im sure it was 2/3 days later...could be wrong though. 

I dont think the clement deal is as cert as everyone thinks ... im just hoping mel and co havnt ****** up ... surely derby wud want to announce the new manager a day or so after mac had been sacked ?

​36 hours i believe. 

It'd be quite funny if we missed out. 

Not funny in the ha ha sort of way, but more the what the flaming **** have we done sort of way. 

I would hope he buys in to the amount of groundwork that has gone in to the club the last few years. I am hopeful! 

Clement would be badass on paper 

It'd be quite funny if we missed out. 

Not funny in the ha ha sort of way, but more the what the flaming **** have we done sort of way. ​

Thats the best way. The sort of funny that makes you want to cut your face off with a butter knife. 

Archived