Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

South Ram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're mainly talking about having a bit of competition in a couple of positions now. To be honest, I think I'd gamble on some cheap, lower league or foreigner type. Even the "proven" players can be a risk, so let's not bother overpaying and take a couple of risks on those that we really don't know about. It's how we used to work. 

Soon to be capped Australian Luke Brattan is a free agent apparently, after payment issues with his former club. Great young defensive midfielder, one of the best passers of the ball Australia has, and not shy in the tackle. Would actually be great for the side, and would likely be on a lowish wage. 

This was one I suggested earlier in the summer.......grrrrr

Mick McCarthy has revealed Ipswich Town are set to sign Australian international Tommy Oar.

The 23-year-old is a free agent after his contract with FC Utrecht expired.

“We have watched Tommy a few times and checked him out on our scouting system. We have done our due diligence on him and he will be a good signing for us,” Ipswich boss McCarthy told the club website.

“He is quick and direct and puts some great crosses in. He does all the tracking back as well. I’m delighted to have him. He’s a full Australian international and he will add to the competition here.”

Elvis Manu from Feyenoord is available for 1.5 m. Looked decent towards the end of last season when I saw him, albeit in a defeat.

Ffs, I thought this would at least get the punsters going.

I just can't help believing he'd be a good signing, btw.

Crystal Palace are set for a deadline-day exodus as Alan Pardew bids to balance the books.

Palace need to slash their bloated squad with Adrian Mariappa, Jonny Williams, Adlene Guedioura, Barry Bannan, Zeki Fryers and Paddy McCarthy all available.

Pardew will also listen to offers for Joe Ledley, with West Brom and old club Cardiff keen on the Wales outcast.

Two of strikers Glenn Murray, Dwight Gayle and Fraizer Campbell are likely to move on.

Williams and Guedioura would be good additions if we can't get Butterfield and Pritchard 

Crystal Palace are set for a deadline-day exodus as Alan Pardew bids to balance the books.

Palace need to slash their bloated squad with Adrian Mariappa, Jonny Williams, Adlene Guedioura, Barry Bannan, Zeki Fryers and Paddy McCarthy all available.

Pardew will also listen to offers for Joe Ledley, with West Brom and old club Cardiff keen on the Wales outcast.

Two of strikers Glenn Murray, Dwight Gayle and Fraizer Campbell are likely to move on.

Williams and Guedioura would be good additions if we can't get Butterfield and Pritchard 

I'd take Ledley too.

Agreed on Williams and Guedioura but a definite No to Ledley

Archived