Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

South Ram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not complaining in the slightest about it (it's probably a good sign all things considered) but it seems unusually quiet regarding who it is we are actually after. The club appear to be keeping things very close to their chest.

All we really have to go/speculate on are are vague statements about 'quality over quantity' and wild Internet rumours about players people would rather Derby were after.

Clement has said we probably won't see anyone in before Boro which suggests, at least to my mind, that we are in negotiations with various different parties but by now there are usually at least a few ITKers with a couple of snippets here and there about what is going on behind the scenes and perhaps something more concrete in at least the local news sources 

As I say, this is not a bad thing. Just an observation on proceedings is all. All adds to the mystery and excitement I suppose...

OK- this is out there:

Omar Abdulrahman

Watched him in the Asian cup this year and he is truly a wizard. Amazing vision and creativity. Not sure why no prem clubs aren't in for him other than perhaps his wages are huge in the UAE. 

Don't get me wrong, I would love Pritchard at Derby! Hughes did an interview a week or so ago and spoke in absolutely glowing terms about him.

He was the best player on the pitch when Brentford came to the Ipro last season (better than Hughes on the day) but I can't bring myself to believe we could pull that one off. Seems just a little to good to be true/plausible...

Vvydra pretty please 

I saw on Sky Sports News earlier that Forest are linked with him on loan. I know its not a position that we need to look at but surely i'm not alone in thinking that I would have loved to see him here. Really, really good player at this level.

Joao Teixeira on loan from Liverpool? Did a cracking job at Brighton last year and he is one of liverpools most highly rated youngsters. Tricky player, can pick a pass and can strike a ball, reckon he could fill the Hughes role.

Archived