Jamie Ward

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very best wishes to you Jamie wherever you go. Always gave 100% even to the last whistle on that awful last game against Reading. Professional commitment to the shirt is a must and he gave that. More than I can say for some of the Derby players whom seem to think it's ok to prance around in a nightclub on a Saturday night especially when out injured with a so called " Hamstring injury". 

Anyway, hope all goes well for you.

susieb.  Xxxx

I have got tight hamstrings too SusieB, and whilst I don't get high marks for style boy am I all effort. Thought you might want to know.

Genuinely like Jamie Ward,always injured but has a spark. Remember against Birmingham last year in the draw he was the only player to turn up! Best of luck to him but get the feeling this will come back to bite us in the backside!

HITC Sport understands from sources close to the clubs that Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday are readying moves for Jamie Ward following his surprise release from Derby County.

Ward was told he was surplus to requirements at the iPro Stadium by Steve McClaren and allowed to leave on a free transfer despite having a year to run on his contract.

The Northern Ireland international found himself out of favour with McClaren in the second half of this season following the loan arrivals of Tom Ince from Hull City and Jesse Lingard from Manchester United.

i blame him for the playoff final , Ward for me cost us that day , he was sat on the half way line letting fozzy run past him, each one of his corners were crap, glad hes going

Well for a start, he was playing on the right wing for huge chunks of it… 

So the two clubs whose sets of fans hate him the most!

Very convenient. 

Probably the most obvious example of  bullshit clickbait journalism I've seen for a while. Designed to draw in readers from four sets of fans, but based on no actual info whatsoever. It would be clever if it wasn't so transparent, still, I'm sure it's suckered plenty of people in. 

Personally I would think it very amusing if he ended up at the Shitty Ground; it will again go to prove that all this pumped-up kissing the badge fan love we get from the majority of players is only as strong as where the next pay cheque is coming from.  

Personally I would think it very amusing if he ended up at the Shitty Ground; it will again go to prove that all this pumped-up kissing the badge fan love we get from the majority of players is only as strong as where the next pay cheque is coming from.  

They gotta make a living mate. If Forest came in then he wouldn't have to move his family or leave mates etc. He'd be playing for a club in the same league with the same stature. Same or more wages? 

Be a good move for him.

But yeah, some of the fan ****kissing players do is sad. But in Ward's case hes been released. He spent a good chunk of his career here. I think I'll always appreciate his efforts no matter where he goes. I hope everyone does. 

They gotta make a living mate. If Forest came in then he wouldn't have to move his family or leave mates etc. He'd be playing for a club in the same league with the same stature. Same or more wages? 

Be a good move for him.

But yeah, some of the fan ****kissing players do is sad. But in Ward's case hes been released. He spent a good chunk of his career here. I think I'll always appreciate his efforts no matter where he goes. I hope everyone does. 

Don't misunderstand me Alpha. Good luck to him and any players earning what they can, and where they can. My dig was more at players who kiss the badge, and fans who seem to get carried away that players like Ward, Russell, Buxton, Martin, etc., are "legends" for giving out a bit of bravado towards our bitter rivals, but in reality it is no more than pantomime showboating and all of them would take the Fawaz Fridgedollar if the price was right.  Don't like them much, but fair play to Gerrard and Giggs who properly deserve the "legends" status.

I have got tight hamstrings too SusieB, and whilst I don't get high marks for style boy am I all effort. Thought you might want to know.

Shut up, you have blister marks from sitting on the sofa in the same position on days on end. 

• 1 month later...

Archived