Jamie Ward

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Wardy for everything and will never forget your goal against Forest oh and winding them up was quality. All the best. 

All the best too him, has served derby very well, his passion for the club was immense and he loved to wind other players and fans up! Wish him well

I thought he still had a year to go on his contract?

Does that mean we've paid him up to leave?

My own feeling is it's not the best decision in the world but then again I've got the feeling Mac doesn't fancy him as a player, if he did he wouldn't have loaned in winger after winger.

One of my favourites from Clough's days gone.

Ah well, good luck Jamie, wherever you go.

I thought he still had a year to go on his contract?

The club have option to take a 1year for Ward but opted not to. 

Like many quick players, Wardy was always injury prone and rarely played more than 10 or so games before missing a few.

Good servant to the club, turned down a bigger wage at Hull to come and play for us, good luck and best wishes Jamie, you'll always get a cheer back here.

Best of luck Wardy, truth is that you're no longer good enough but that doesn't dismiss what you have done for our club. Came to Derby in an extremely boring period for the club. I remember being underwhelmed when we signed Ward. If I recall correctly, Theo Robinson and Frank Fielding joined in a triple signing for us. I was pleased with Robinson and very pleased with Fielding but you certainly proved me wrong.

Injuries are a shame and heavily marred his time here, which is why I think it's the right decision to let him go. Bar the first month of the season or so the past 18 months just hasn't been up to standard but will never forget the equaliser on that fateful day with ten men.

If he does return next season, possibly with Sheff Utd, I will applaud him, and should hope others would too.

Archived