Jamie Ward

Animal is a Ram

The only player with a decent original song, the only reason we kept him around!

He's just not a top 6 winger anymore, not got the pace he had and lacks the all round ability of our other wingers. Was comfortably the 6th best winger I've seen in a Derby shirt this season. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tue 19 April 2012, signed a new two-year contract

Tue May 27, 2014 1 year option taken up

Thu Aug 14, 2014  SIgned a new 2 year deal

The 1 year option covered this season, not next, he hasn't rejected 'an option' as suggested above

It's confusing because we took up the option for this season and THEN gave him a new contract within 3 months.

I preferred him in our team to both Linguard and Ince. Best of luck Wardy, thanks for that goal against the Red Dogs in the 10 man win!

​And that's why your not a football manager. Ward better than Ince?????

just wow!

:lol:

Maybe go to Rotherham? Or one of the promoted sides? Would be surprised to see him drop down to league 1, unless he wants to be with Clough that badly.

​It would be a bit of an injustice but Sheff Utd can still be promoted, even though 18 points separate them and 3rd placed Preston.

Sheff Utd need to treat it as a cup match, they've actually done well in them.

One of the most passionate players I've ever seen in a Derby shirt, the perfect man for a Derby v Forest game, he just loved to p*ss them off :lol:

Can see him going to back to Chesterfield or joining Clough at Sheff United

Could see him at Chesterfield if they're promoted. Or somewhere in championship. 

Out of interest because he is now a free agent how would that work if Sheff United are to sign him would he be eligible for the playoffs?

​Don't believe so. I'm pretty sure you can only permanently sign and register a player within the allocated transfer windows. They could technically sign him today, but he wouldn't be their player until the transfer window opens in June or July.

Sith Happens

Shame, but too injury prone, just seems to be getting going then gets an injury...

Good luck to him, hes good enough for the championship, just dont go to forest please

He was a good player for us, had a couple of very good seasons. Will be a decent pick-up for a bottom-half championship side. 

On a side note, Russell is the only first-team winger left. Unless you count Dawkins, but I see him playing in the middle next season.

@philmycock

I am frankly astonished how you could ever come to that conclusion.

In the end, Ince was the only player that looked capable of making something happen and in the very, very end looked like the only midfielder who gave a damn.

Reading at 1 or 2-0 hit us on the break from a corner. 

When the ball reached Grant, the closest Derby player to him was Ince - he'd ran the full length of the pitch to help defend. He was that knackered that when he got the ball, he stumbled before knocking it to someone else.

Ince is not a player for himself - far from it. Nor did he ruin our team play. 

He was never overly greedy - certainly nowhere near Ward's level - and he worked harder than any other winger I can remember seeing in a Derby shirt. 

Ward is a poorer Tom Ince, by all accounts. He's a good Championship player, who I think will get a good move, but to put him ahead of Ince is a frightening conclusion. 

I'd take Wardy over Lingard all day long. I'd take him over Ince too, because although he doesn't have the extra bit of genius that Ince can chuck in, he is a far smarter footballer and more useful to the team.

I thought McClaren should go, but if it's true he's staying then fine I'll get behind him and hope he can get it right next term. He's made a ******* awful start by releasing Wardy though.

Archived