Jamie Ward

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread has descended to madness, as soon as a player scores some good individual goals he's no longer a team player. Absolute madness. 

No Shuff, that's not it. It's not what Ince does do, I'm not such a mug I don't get a moist gusset at some of the wonder goals he's chipped in, it's what he doesn't do that costs the team.

:lol::lol::lol:

Brilliant.

Team play is not his game, Ince has not fitted into our style of play, granted he's undoubtedly a good player, but he's just not our style of player, not like Ibe was, however that's just my opinion, and my opinion is all I give a fook about ?

I think Ward has the spirit required to make it to the Premiership if not always the talent. Lingard is poor and even though I'm a big Russell fan, I'm not sure he has the consistency. To accommodate Ince, you need ten other battlers.

Let's see who we bring in before we decide whether letting the old guard go is mistaken.

Wardy is a great impact player. Granted his injuries have prevented him from making a real claim for a starting role, But I'd hate to see an inform Jamie Ward starting against our defence as it stands. 

Good Luck Wardy! 

Team play is not his game, Ince has not fitted into our style of play, granted he's undoubtedly a good player, but he's just not our style of player, not like Ibe was, however that's just my opinion, and my opinion is all I give a fook about ?

​People have selective memories on this forum I reckon. It wasn't that long ago most on here wanted him dropped/sold because he looked disinterested, couldn't be bothered half the time.

I must be watching someone else play because i have seen Ince get back as much as any winger we have.

Its amazing how we all see it so differently.

I agree with @philmycock on Incey.

He's a supremely talented player and i enjoyed watching him play for Derby, he scored some sublime goals, worked his nads off,  and was very professional. Top man.

With his (and Bent's) goals we should have made a far better fist of making the top 2 let alone qualifying for the play offs yet we failed miserably.

It didn't work, The team was worse with Tom and Darren in than it was without them. Not their fault, can't criticise them at all, they came here and did what was asked of them, they scored goals and worked hard. 

Its amazing how we all see it so differently.

I agree with @philmycock on Incey.

He's a supremely talented player and i enjoyed watching him play for Derby, he scored some sublime goals, worked his nads off,  and was very professional. Top man.

With his (and Bent's) goals we should have made a far better fist of making the top 2 let alone qualifying for the play offs yet we failed miserably.

It didn't work, The team was worse with Tom and Darren in than it was without them. Not their fault, can't criticise them at all, they came here and did what was asked of them, they scored goals and worked hard. 

​I'm really struggling to get my head round this. Not avin a dig at any ones opinion but the reason we were 8th was due to injuries to the spine of our team....surely.

ALL 3 CDM's Injured!, bucko and Martin.

Bent was bought in because Martin was injured, he wasn't bought in to replace him or challange him.

Take away the goals that bent and Ince scored that has won us games or got us a point and we'd have been a million miles from the playoffs.

So to say Ince and bent made the team worse, in my opinion is madness.

If I was manager, with the benefit of hindsight obviously, I'd have had Kenwyn Jones on loan when Martin was injured and had Ward and Dawkins out wide, Bent & Ince wouldn't have been on my radar! But I'm just a mere fan, and probably know jack, however I respect your views MW and I'd hope you respect mine, we're not both right, we're not both wrong, that's the beauty of being a Ram!!

​I'm really struggling to get my head round this. Not avin a dig at any ones opinion but the reason we were 8th was due to injuries to the spine of our team....surely.

ALL 3 CDM's Injured!, bucko and Martin.

Bent was bought in because Martin was injured, he wasn't bought in to replace him or challange him.

Take away the goals that bent and Ince scored that has won us games or got us a point and we'd have been a million miles from the playoffs.

So to say Ince and bent made the team worse, in my opinion is madness.

​Sorry MW, but like you say, its all about opinions. Mine is that we weakened the team defensively, didn't matter how many we scored we couldn't stop conceding.

If the resources had of gone into signing better defenders than Warnock and Albentosa, and maybe a few quid on a CDM, we'd not have to score 3 or 4 to get a point.

I've always believed that football is a team game and the best individuals don't necessarily make the best team.

I understand what @philmycock is getting at. Ince and Bent are definitely talented players, however they have not fit our system as well as other players and it has disrupted the overall cohesion of the team.

To say their goals have kept us in the races is true, however you can't say for certain that having a lesser player in those positions that suited our system better wouldn't have garnered more points.

That said, who is to say what the vision for next season is and if we can accommodate these players whilst signing others that compliment them, then they will be great assets.

​The team being worse had nothing to do with Ince...

You could MAYBE argue that because Bent didn't hold the ball up as much as Martin the defence didn't have as much time to set up and everyone didn't have the time to get forward to support... But it's fairly tenuous... 

The team didn't perform as a whole... To pick out 2 supremely talented players and blame them 'not fitting into the system' is madness... especially when Ince is a RM...

​The team being worse had nothing to do with Ince...

You could MAYBE argue that because Bent didn't hold the ball up as much as Martin the defence didn't have as much time to set up and everyone didn't have the time to get forward to support... But it's fairly tenuous... 

The team didn't perform as a whole... To pick out 2 supremely talented players and blame them 'not fitting into the system' is madness... especially when Ince is a RM...

​We never bossed games, we never looked comfortable (apart from Blackpool maybe), the team just didn't look right and the results proved that in the end.

Again, no blame or finger pointing at Ince or Bent, far from it. Both have gone up in my estimation for their workrate and committment to the club, (their talent has never been in doubt imo).

Its just my perception of how we played as a team, we looked like a team of strangers for the last 2 months of the season. Adding two players of Premiership quality in attack should have guaranteed us a play off spot at least. As good individually as they were they did not improve us one iota (results and performance wise).

Very best wishes to you Jamie wherever you go. Always gave 100% even to the last whistle on that awful last game against Reading. Professional commitment to the shirt is a must and he gave that. More than I can say for some of the Derby players whom seem to think it's ok to prance around in a nightclub on a Saturday night especially when out injured with a so called " Hamstring injury". 

Anyway, hope all goes well for you.

susieb.  Xxxx

we looked like a team of strangers for the last 2 months of the season. 

​Agreed

Adding two players of Premiership quality in attack should have guaranteed us a play off spot at least. A

​Don't agree

I think saying "well the difference was no Ibe or Ince and Bent in" is far too simplistic... On the face of it yes... That was a difference in the team... However they weren't the deciding factor... the team as a whole just went off the boil...

You're ignoring Jan and (most of) Feb where we lost to Forest (local derby), Reading (10 men plus cup so who cares) and then Fulham (when it all started going wrong)... If we'd maintained our Jan-Feb form I'd suggest we might be sitting on 89 points...

Archived