Who would you sign?

Uptherams

Who exactly do we have in the squad that we could sell for a decent figure for then with the exception of Martin, Hughes and Hendrick?

I have said we'd struggle to get 3M for the entire rest of our squad. You seem to think that is amusing.

Answer the question.

I like a good laugh...

It doesn't even warrant a reply. 

It's without question one of the most ill-judged comments I have ever seen on here - or any football forum. 

It would make our squad value among the worst in the division - in that case we're lucky to even stay up. 

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Top 5 'Sensible' Transfers

1) Matty Phillips

2) Ben Turner

3) Andy Williams (a league 1 top goalscorer)

4) Chris Solly

5) Aron Gunnarsson

Obvious could suggest others but those would be the top of my own list. Most people see these as probably uninspiring but I feel these are realistic targets where we would not necessarily have to sell to be able to buy.

Fire away though. :lol:

An old head at the back - someone like Fabricio Coloccini.

Mate who supports Newcastle said he's been dreadful this season (who hasn't) and is going to get his wish of a move back to Argentina in the summer.

Their ITK posters apparently claim there was a bust up between Krul & Colo on the team bus back from Leicester. Imagine what Mac could have got himself into.

Mate who supports Newcastle said he's been dreadful this season (who hasn't) and is going to get his wish of a move back to Argentina in the summer.

Their ITK posters apparently claim there was a bust up between Krul & Colo on the team bus back from Leicester. Imagine what Mac could have got himself into.

I heard he chucked a cup full of newcastle brown ale at Krul?

It doesn't even warrant a reply. 

It's without question one of the most ill-judged comments I have ever seen on here - or any football forum. 

It would make our squad value among the worst in the division - in that case we're lucky to even stay up. 

No, it wouldn't.

You clearly are unaware of the current football climate. Very few clubs outside of the Premiership pay much money out in transfers dealings.

You cannot answer my question which suggests you agree with my original statement.

If not...come on then...let's see your values.

I challenge you to value the squad at 3 million plus because in this current climate, I don't see it.

Alright, lets assume that we will play 4-3-3 in the coming season.  What positions can we identify that most need strengthening? i think we need a higher quality goalkeeper.  Grant is okay, Roos has not been chosen to replace him yet, so we can assume that he is still considered inferior to Grant.  Right sided quality fullbacks are harder to find than left sided ones and is the second most important positions in a 4 man defense in my opinion after a good central defender leader. A quality right back is required and i do believe that Keogh needs replacing.

In midfield we have a quality dmc in Thorne if ever he becomes fit, but he needs a good backup, maybe Eustace still has a year left in him, i don't know.  We need a good creative central midfielder.  If we can tie up Ince that would be fantastic, but otherwise we will be needing a good right winger, as both Russell and Ward are better on the left. If Bent can be persuaded to sign for us taking a substantial pay cut, that could solve our striker position assuming Martin stays.

So five to six signings would be optimal depending of course on what players will be leaving.  Finding them for an affordable price and wages would be the tricky part of course.

Who exactly do we have in the squad that we could sell for a decent figure for then with the exception of Martin, Hughes and Hendrick?

I have said we'd struggle to get 3M for the entire rest of our squad. You seem to think that is amusing.

Answer the question.

I like a good laugh...

​Our back line who were trash for the last 3 months of the season would fetch more than that.

Keogh would easily fetch £1.5m to £2m alone

We should go for Sol Bamba

Left hand side Centre Half - out of of contract this summer

Makes the odd rick but nowhere near as many as our current back 4. Pace, power in the air & leadership - more than good enough for a promotion push

Sign him up!

​Bamba has always impressed me

I'm boring myself, but if Ipswich don't go up then throw 3/4m at Marcus Evans for Berra - definitely worth it. 

​Another one who has.

Sol Bamba is a great shout, and knows the division well from his time with Leicester. Also a Ivory Coast international and his playing style is somewhat similar to sebastien bassong of norwich who is a solid centre back in this division.

Some realistic targets who I would be tempted to go after:

GK Niki Mäenpää from Venlo, free

RB Jonas Svensson from Rosenborg, free

CB Lewis Dunk from Brighton, free

DM Jermaine Jones from Revolution, free

RW Tom Ince from Hull, £2,5m ?

and Martin's back up is tough one... Yakubu or Becchio would be both free and good enough IMO.

​can we get Mings as well please

​He'd fit in well here - been in nothing short of horrific form since the turn of the new year.

I'm not a fan purely because he losses the ball more than any other player in the Championship. He makes Fozzy look like Pirlo.

Archived