Who would you sign?

Uptherams

Here's an idea for a goalkeeper to replace Grant.  Hannes Halldórsson contracted to Sandnes Ulf in Norway

until the end of the year.  Valued at 400 thousand euros, he could be gotten for less i think.

An integral part of the Icelandic national team performing so well in recent years, it is generally

considered that he should be playing for a better club.

​Davenport posted a link which shows 3 of our younger keepers are out of contract this summer. Roos in a year and Grant in 2. This is a very good find. International keeper who plays against some of the top players in the world. Is huge and by the looks of it can comfortably catch the ball, dominate his box make decent saves but also looks very good when defending his near post. Good find indeed. Especially at what would be such a knockdown price. 

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Really, that does surprise me. Who did we buy in the summer besides Thorne and Chrisite. 

​Really surprises me too but it is there in black and white!

Whitbread, Shotton, Calero?

The figure I quoted includes agent fees, levies etc too

I also think any season long loan fees may be included but that is open to debate I believe.

My personal thoughts are that Thorne cost more than figures quoted in the press.

​Really surprises me too but it is there in black and white!

Whitbread, Shotton, Calero?

The figure I quoted includes agent fees, levies etc too

I also think any season long loan fees may be included but that is open to debate I believe.

My personal thoughts are that Thorne cost more than figures quoted in the press.

​We signed a lot of players in that window and in the latter parts of 2014. Take a look on the wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014–15_Derby_County_F.C._season When a player signs for free, they don't actually sign for free. Typically there is a signing on bonus and also agent fees, etc, as you allude to. 

​I did not say that. In total on buying players on permanent deals, paying compensation and also fees to clubs for loan players for this season, we have spent around £5m+. Yeah we do. How about instead of being an ass you do what the thread title asks and actually list someone you would sign. 

​Sorry mate I get annoyed easily when it comes to fans and transfer windows. I think fans need to be more realistic but it doesn't matter.

RB - Liam Rosenioir at Hull City. Can't get a game because of El Mohamady. Can play LB if needed too. 

CB to partner Keogh - If Ipswich do not get promoted through the playoffs. Christophe Berra. Would cost more than 1 million but that is the key area on the pitch we need to address. 

CDM - Permanent deal option Rohan Ince at Brighton or Dean Hammond on a free from Leicester. season loan option to cover Thorne when he gets his injury that is bound to happen. Lewis Baker at Chelsea. Done well on loan at MK Dons. 

LW. Russell and Ward are good but we need one more winger to rotate 3 for 2 positions. Callum McManaman hasn't played at West Brom since his move there. A loan deal for the first half of the season maybe and then see what happens. 

ST - Back up to Martin, Adam Le Fondre. Not playing at Cardiff went on loan to Bolton and scored. Great option off the Bench too. 

https://footballfragmento.wordpress.com/2015/01/05/championship-players-out-of-contract-summer-2015/           not being a lazy linker ...   just dont know how to do it ...     but theres a few  championship players in there that we could go for

​How about Dan Burn? He was highly-rated for a while and my friends who support Fulham seem to like him. He's left-footed too, which is imperative, imo, as Albentosa is much better on the right-hand side. 

He'd be a decent back-up target if we can't get Shackell back, as he's a free agent we'd have to act quickly though.

​Sorry mate I get annoyed easily when it comes to fans and transfer windows. I think fans need to be more realistic but it doesn't matter.

RB - Liam Rosenioir at Hull City. Can't get a game because of El Mohamady. Can play LB if needed too. 

CB to partner Keogh - If Ipswich do not get promoted through the playoffs. Christophe Berra. Would cost more than 1 million but that is the key area on the pitch we need to address. 

CDM - Permanent deal option Rohan Ince at Brighton or Dean Hammond on a free from Leicester. season loan option to cover Thorne when he gets his injury that is bound to happen. Lewis Baker at Chelsea. Done well on loan at MK Dons. 

LW. Russell and Ward are good but we need one more winger to rotate 3 for 2 positions. Callum McManaman hasn't played at West Brom since his move there. A loan deal for the first half of the season maybe and then see what happens. 

ST - Back up to Martin, Adam Le Fondre. Not playing at Cardiff went on loan to Bolton and scored. Great option off the Bench too. 

​Like the Rohan Ince suggestion but maybe we should be questioning why he can not hold down a regular starting spot for Brighton

In respect to Berra, I am surprised by the number of suggestions that have been from teams above us or around us in the footballing pyramid, are we really that much of a draw for players?

​Like the Rohan Ince suggestion but maybe we should be questioning why he can not hold down a regular starting spot for Brighton

In respect to Berra, I am surprised by the number of suggestions that have been from teams above us or around us in the footballing pyramid, are we really that much of a draw for players?

Money talks. Simply I don't think a premier league club will bid for Berra if they don't go up and I think we can offer more money than Ipswich. 

Im going to be realistic with my potential signings, because I don't think we will spend much after this seasons Failure. I Would like to see Matt smith from Fulham in a Derby shirt. He would be available I reckon and wouldn't cost a lot either. Karacan would be a good signing on a free but his wages might be quite high. Matt Briggs looked a real good left back at the ipro for millwall, now on loan at Colchester. Tom ince if the board do allow a big signing would be my main target. Aden Flint is a good centre back and would be on my list. There is so many that we could possibly sign and that's just the English market. Hopefully the manager situation can be sorted and we get our defence sorted ASAP.

Im going to be realistic with my potential signings, because I don't think we will spend much after this seasons Failure. I Would like to see Matt smith from Fulham in a Derby shirt. He would be available I reckon and wouldn't cost a lot either. Karacan would be a good signing on a free but his wages might be quite high. Matt Briggs looked a real good left back at the ipro for millwall, now on loan at Colchester. Tom ince if the board do allow a big signing would be my main target. Aden Flint is a good centre back and would be on my list. There is so many that we could possibly sign and that's just the English market. Hopefully the manager situation can be sorted and we get our defence sorted ASAP.

​He's not a goalscorer though, and presume he would be back-up to Martin so we would lose that side whenever Martin isn't in the squad that we perhaps didn't lose with Bent. Also, I'm not sure on his technical ability but I doubt it's anywhere near Martin's.

Smith's scoring record in league football is at best 1 in 4 at Leeds, 1 in 3 at Fulham and 1 in 2 at Bristol City. OK but we should be doing better

​So you would have dropped a left back for a 20 year old attacking midfielder?

Bennett is nowhere near the finished article from what I have seen and the fact that he struggled to get in the Bradford team shows that he hardly set that division alight.

You would have no problem with any of the current squad going anywhere? Not even Hughes, Martin or Russell?

Not sure why you think any of your suggestions would be interested in DCFC, after all each of these teams are currently better than Derby.

I do agree with your final paragraph though.

​Forsyth plays almost as a winger most games as he goes too far up front, trouble is his passing/crossing is shocking. Have no idea why McClaren has given him a starting place regardless of his form. Bennett may not be ready, i agree, but at least give him game time or he's never going to be. I stand by what i say regarding any of the squad going. I was Hughes biggest fan for a while, but i think he's begun to believe his own hype as he's shown little urgency this season. Russell always puts in 100% but he looks frustrated to be stuck out wide all the time. Martin may be the exception, i suppose, but he's certainly not irreplaceable as Bent and Ince proved in their short time with us.

Why would the players I've mentioned be interested in DCFC? Because players dessert sinking ships and the relegation fodder taking a large financial hit will be looking to offload some decent players, and they in turn may well be attracted to a team on an upward trend with capacity crowds and world class facilities.

Can't see how Burnley, for example, are better than Derby as they'll both be starting in the Championship with 0 points, as will Hull if they drop. 

Of course, this is only my personal opinion, and you have every right to yours, which i appreciate. An awful lot depends on what happens with McClaren anyway, but I hope that whoever is in charge next season can sort out a shocking defence and a squad with no strength in depth. The way McClaren sees it is that if players are played out of position it makes them concentrate more and try harder! Do we want a Manager/Head coach with that mentality who sips coffee in the stand when we're losing the most important game of our season?

​Forsyth plays almost as a winger most games as he goes too far up front, trouble is his passing/crossing is shocking. Have no idea why McClaren has given him a starting place regardless of his form. Bennett may not be ready, i agree, but at least give him game time or he's never going to be. I stand by what i say regarding any of the squad going. I was Hughes biggest fan for a while, but i think he's begun to believe his own hype as he's shown little urgency this season. Russell always puts in 100% but he looks frustrated to be stuck out wide all the time. Martin may be the exception, i suppose, but he's certainly not irreplaceable as Bent and Ince proved in their short time with us.

Why would the players I've mentioned be interested in DCFC? Because players dessert sinking ships and the relegation fodder taking a large financial hit will be looking to offload some decent players, and they in turn may well be attracted to a team on an upward trend with capacity crowds and world class facilities.

Can't see how Burnley, for example, are better than Derby as they'll both be starting in the Championship with 0 points, as will Hull if they drop. 

Of course, this is only my personal opinion, and you have every right to yours, which i appreciate. An awful lot depends on what happens with McClaren anyway, but I hope that whoever is in charge next season can sort out a shocking defence and a squad with no strength in depth. The way McClaren sees it is that if players are played out of position it makes them concentrate more and try harder! Do we want a Manager/Head coach with that mentality who sips coffee in the stand when we're losing the most important game of our season?

​I think Forsyth has been a lot more defensive this season, as a consequence of not having Wisdom on the opposite side of the pitch. I guess Forsyth retained his place as there was no pressure on his position until Warnock arrived. I was quite surprised that Max Lowe was not considered at all this season.

I think Hughes has been absolutely fantastic this season and really kicked on from last season but once again that is all a matter of opinion.

I like Russell but I would disagree that he always gives 100%, when he is put out on the right wing he seems to sulk and in the last few weeks I think he has been carried. He didn't show any urgency yesterday until switched wings when he then won us the penalty.

Take your point re players being mercenaries and I suppose the fact that we have taken some high profile players on loan from top clubs shows that we are a highly regarded club.

I've been far from impressed with Mac over the last few months and feel he has been far too re-active as opposed to pro-active. It will be interesting to see if he hangs around and, if he does, to see how he reacts to what happened in the last quarter of this season.

Take your pick....

Championship Contract Expiry Summer 2015

Birmingham – Paul Robinson, Nick Towsend, Nikola Zigic, Jonathan Spector, Colin Doyle, Gavin Gunning, Matt Green, Darren Randolph, Lee Novak, Callum Reilly, Koby Arthur, James Fry, Nat Kelly, Olly Lee, Amari ‘i Bell, Will Packwood, Connal Trueman, Callum Preston, Charlee Adams, David Popa

Blackburn – David Raya, Darragh Lenihan, Paul Robinson, Matthew Kilgallon, David Dunn, Marcus Olsson, Josh King, Yann Songo’o, Josh Morris, Ryan Crump, Kellen Daly, Bradley Bauress, Modou Cham, Devarn Green, Dean Rittenberg, David Carson, Sam Jones, Paulo Jorge, Jordan Preston, Sam Lavelle, Jack Doyle, George Pierce, Sam Joel, Hyuga Tanner, Luke Wall, Callum Williams, Connor Thomson

Blackpool – Darren O’Dea, Jeffrey Rentmeister, Peter Clarke, Jamie O’Hara, Tomasz Cywka, Saer Sene, Nathan Delfouneso, Elliot Parish, David Perkins, Nile Ranger, Formose Mendy, Andre Blackman, Jose Cubero, Tom Barkhuizen, Joel Dielna, Steve Davies, Bobby Grant, Gary Mackenzie, Jacob Mellis, Nyron Nosworthy, Francis Zoko, Dominic Telford, Mark Waddington

Bolton – Emile Heskey, Georg Iliev, Eidur Gudjohnsen, Andy Lonergan, Matt Mills, Darren Pratley, Stuart Holden, Adam Bogdan, Marc Tierney, Rob Holding, Niall Maher, Keith Andrews, Jermain Beckford, Tom Eaves, Conor Wilkinson, Quade Taylor, Aaron Knight, Glenn Matthews, Tom Walker, Jamie Thomas, Channing Campbell-Young

Bournemouth – Josh Wakefield, Ian Harte, Tommy Elphick, Darryl Flavahan, Benjamin Buchel, Josh McQuoid, Jayden Stockley, Tokelo Rantie, Stephane Zubar, Aristede Bassele, Miles Addison, Joe Partington, Mo Coulibaly, Josh Carmichael

Brentford – Josh Clarke, Tommy Smith, Kevin O’Connor, Betinho, Nick Proschwitz, Alfie Mawson, Emmanuel Oyeleke, Louis Hutton, Jermaine Udumaga, Jack Warburton

Brighton – Aaron Hughes, Casper Ankergren, Kemy Agustien, Craig Mackail-Smith, Inigo Calderon, Jake Forster-Caskey, Lewis Dunk, Shamir Fenelon, Paddy McCourt, Tom Dallison, Vitalijs Masimenko, Jeffery Monakana, Jesse Starkey, Danny Pappoe, George Cole, Dylan Bennett, Josh Smith, Glen Rea, Emil Asmundsson, Jason Davis

Cardiff – Dane Griffiths, Danny Gabbidon, Nicky Maynard, Joe Ralls, Adedeji Oshilaja, Matt Connolly, Joe Lewis, Jazzi Barnum-Bobb, Danny Johnson

Charlton – Jack Munns, Tobi Sho-Silva, Tal Ben-Haim, Oguchi Onyewu, Chris Eagles, Roger Johnson, Neil Etheridge, Simon Church, Harry Lennon, Harry Osborne, Kadell Daniel, Lawrie Wilson, Joe Pigott, Ayo Obileye, Tareiq Holmes-Dennis, Terrell Thomas, Kieran Monlouis

Derby – Lee Naylor, Shaun Barker, John Eustace, Zak Whitbread, Rhys Sharpe, Tom Naylor, Mark O’Brien, Mats Morch, Jonathan Mitchell, Josh Lelan, Jamie Hanson, Luke Hendrie, Kwame Thomas, Jorna Moulton, Charles Vernam, Mo Adams, Eric Behrens, Josh Barnes

Fulham – Gabor Kiraly, Tim Hoogland, Adil Chihi, Hugo Rodallega, Bryan Ruiz, Josh Passley, Jonathan Buata Mananga, Lyle Della Verde, Josh Smile, Aaron Redford

Huddersfield – Phillip Billing, Ishmael Miller, Sean Scannell, Oscar Gobern, Jake Carroll, Harry Bunn, Duane Holmes, Anthony Gerrard, Martin Paterson, Daniel Carr, Jon Stead, Joe Wilkinson, Joe Wright

Ipswich – Darren Ambrose, Noel Hunt, Daryl Murphy, David McGoldrick, Stephen Hunt, Paul Anderson, Dean Gerken, Jay Tabb, Elliott Hewitt, Michael Crowe, Jack Marriott, Kyle Hammond, Darren McQueen, Omar Sowunmi, Monty Patterson, Paddy Kenny

Leeds – Lewis Walters, Stuart Taylor, Rodolph Austin, Aidy White, Chris Dawson, Michael Tonge, Ross Killock, Frank Mulhern 

Middlesbrough – Ryan Brobbel, Jonathan Woodgate, Dean Whitehead, Grant Leadbitter, Mustapha Carayol, David Atkinson, Jordan Jones, Emmanuel Ledesma, Luke Williams, Adam Jackson, Andre Bennett, Mark Kitchling, Priestley Griffiths, Robbie Tinkler, Jonathan Coleby, Josef Wheatley, Scott McCarthy, Jordan Jowers, Junior Mondal, Callum Johnson

Millwall – Justin Hoyte, Danny Shittu, Ricardo Fuller, Lee Martin, Nadjim Abdou, Carlos Edwards, Stefan Maierhoffer, Angel Martinez, Mark Beevers, Nick Bailey, Magaye Gueye, Martyn Woolford, Jack Powell, Denzel Gerrar, Jake Goodman, Fred Onyedinma, Matt Briggs, Richard Chaplow, Fred Onyedinma, Tom King, Josh Siafa, Alfie Pavey

Norwich – Carlos Cuellar, Javier Garrido, Remi Matthews, Cameron McGeehan, Carlton Morris, Reiss Awuah, Ray Grant, Jamie Eaton-Collins, Lewis Byrne-Hewitt, Oliver Cole, Devonte Aransibia

Notts Forest – Danny Collins, Dimitar Evtimov, Louis Laing, Dan Harding, Greg Halford, Robert Tesche, Josh Rees, Tyler Walker

Reading – Sean Long, Pierce Sweeney, Zat Knight, Adam Federici, Yakubu, Stephen Kelly, Mikkel Andersen, Alex Pearce, Jem Karacan, Jure Travner, Ryan Edwards, Jake Cooper, Jonathan Henly, Dan Lincoln, Craig Tanner, Danny Guthrie, Shane Griffin, Niall Keown, Tarique Fosu, Harry Cardwell, Stuart Moore, Liam Kelly, Robert Dickie, Lewis Collins, Marc Ethelson, Hammad Lawal, Daniel Williams, George Legg, Aleksander Gogic, Noor Husin

Rotherham – Ben Pringle, Kari Arnason, Craig Morgan, Lee Frecklington, Mark Bradley, Rob Milsom, Scott Loach, Tony Thompson, Danny Rowe, Mat Sadler, Richard Brindley

Sheff Wed – Rafael Floro, Chris Kirkland, Glenn Loovens, Lewis Buxton, Kamil Zayatte, Chris Maguire, Dejan Kelhar, Jacques Maghoma, Joe Mattock, Kieran Lee, Rhys McCabe, Paul Corry, Matt Young, Joe Wildsmith, Will De Havilland, Ryan Croasdale, Franck Betra, Jack Stobbs

Watford – Luke O’Nien, Josh Doherty, Jorell Johnson, George Byers, Lloyd Doyley, Heurelho Gomes, Rene Gilmartin, Vujadin Savic, Alex Jakubiak, Harry Kyprianou

Wigan – Jermaine Pennant, Marc-Antoine Fortune, Emmerson Boyce, Ali Al-Habsi, Gaetan Bong, William Kvist, Lee Nicholls, Kim Bo-Kyung, Ryan Jennings, Jordan Flores, Declan Poole, Matthew Hamilton, Louis Robles, Sam Cosgrove

Wolves – Eusebio Bancessi, Tomasz Kuszczak, Kevin Doyle, Bakary Sako, Lee Evans, Ashley Carter, Jake Cassidy, Leon Clarke, Liam McAlinden, Bradley Reid, Sam Ricketts, Zeli Ismail, Ibrahim Keita, Harry Burgoyne, Victor Wagner Pedersen, Anto Breslin, Regan Upton

Archived