Who would you sign?

Uptherams

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A new CB is priority, Dunk, Shackell, Huth Liam Moore, Harry Maguire

Winger - Ince or Pritchard, If Wolves can't keep Sako no chance that we will get him,

Striker - Bent, Bamford on loan, not sure if he would re-sign seems to have a bit of F you Derby after last season. thinking out loud now Chris Wood,

No idea who to replace Hughes with if he goes! Andy King.

From rumours it seems clear we're all out for a LCB. My first choice personally would be Dunk. Highly rated, nearly 100 professional appearances (wiki) and not 24 until November. He's someone who could progress with us. Shackell has also been mentioned who would no doubt be absolutely solid in this league but we want to go up, and then what? Should we go up in the 2015/16 season, Shackell would be turning 33 in the September of our first Prem season. He would likely want 3 years+ like most players who are over 30. We'd probably need to replace him again should we go up, but signing a solid player at this level who can develop and progress with time on his hands would be a better investment IMO.

Le Fondre is reported to be unsettled at Cardiff, 8 goals in 17 games is a decent ratio?

​Good goalscorer and the goals you mention were on loan at Bolton as well which is even more impressive. He would be a cheaper option than Bent if Cardiff didn't want much for him. 

I am disappointed that mac doesn't raid the Dutch Eredivisie League !!! personally think that this league is on par with the Prem.

​It's not on par with the Prem but I think he will raid it. Their season hasn't finished yet, can't really sign anyone until it has. Lots of young quality, available at a low price.

Looks like Lukas Hradecky is not going to any of those PL teams which are after him. Southampton (Forster) and Palace (Speroni) can't guarantee first team football, maybe we could? Better than Grant already and still young.

Swansea is still pondering and interested, if they want to replace Fabianski then it is a done deal I'm afraid. But they've been quiet recently so maybe they have another target?

I personally didn't think that we needed too much in personnel, i question if Steve round over worked the team, they looked very leggy near the end of the season, great premier coach but championship players notoriusly do not play flat out for 90 mins.

Archived