Who would you sign?

Uptherams

We have a perfectly good player in Ivan Calero but McClaren in his wisdom stuck with Forsyth who's been useless this season. Bennett is capable up front and he's been forgotten about by McClaren too. 

There have been some players I've been sad to see go over the years, mostly Shackell, Commons, Kincladze, to name a few, but I have absolutely no problem with any of the current squad going elsewhere. 

As for who to bring in, a whole new defence for starters would be good as there seems to be no communication or common ground between the current line. If Hull City drop I would go for Aluko. Shackell would be a good choice also. Charlie Austin, Rob Green and Gary Hooper may all be available? 

Look to the academy too, we have some bright young talent there so what's the point in investing in them and nurturing their talents if we never use them, with the exception of Hendrick of course.

​So you would have dropped a left back for a 20 year old attacking midfielder?

Bennett is nowhere near the finished article from what I have seen and the fact that he struggled to get in the Bradford team shows that he hardly set that division alight.

You would have no problem with any of the current squad going anywhere? Not even Hughes, Martin or Russell?

Not sure why you think any of your suggestions would be interested in DCFC, after all each of these teams are currently better than Derby.

I do agree with your final paragraph though.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who we sign will be all dependant on who goes out and who the manager is. 

Wisdom hasnt kicked a ball for WBA for god knows how long. Im sure Wisdom would junp at the chance of coming back here.

If Dyche is gaffer and we sell Hughes. Then we would need 8-10 players depending on who goes.

GK, RB, LB, CB, CM, Winger x2 and a ST. 

In that order id go for Marshall, Wisdom, Targett (season long loan or as part of Hughes deal) Shackell, Karacan, Ince, Sako and McCormack.

Marshall, Wisdom, Shackell, Ince, McCormack would all command fees. Targett a loan fee unless part of Hughes deal. Karacan is on a free as is Sako. 

£10 million for Hughes (I actually think we will get more than that) then maybe another £5 million from McClaren compensation and Mel Morris's bank account. So we could have £15-£20 million over the summer. 

This is all a bit of fun and id be surprised of Derby signed any of them. 

We will end up signing a whole host of different names that I will probably be more than happy with!

But if we had anything close to this line up. Id be very excited.....http:

Marshall, Wisdom, Keogh, Shackell, Targett, Ince, Thorne, Karacan, Sako, Martin, McCormack

​Wow

£10 million for Hughes (I actually think we will get more than that) then maybe another £5 million from McClaren compensation and Mel Morris's bank account. So we could have £15-£20 million over the summer. 

We won't get anywhere near 10 million for Hughes 5 million plus add ons is far more realistic 

I understood your first post completely and it was clear. I replied by saying honestly, its ridiculously unrealistic.

You still haven't said how we would fund the transfers. What is this deadwood you speak of. I came up with Sammon. Who else is deadwood.

I have been through the squad list and I just can't see where you are getting the funds we need from.

​How did we fund the players we spent £5m+ on this season permanently or as a fee for the loan when the only player we sold was Coutts? I am not suggesting we can and will have zero net spend. Or that we can get all of the signings I listed. Minus just one on that list that is the hardest to sign (Wisdom, Ince and Afibe) and the net spend comes down to around £7.5m. Just £2.5m more than last season. Without factoring in outgoings. Who is and isn't deadwood and who we would sell is up to individuals. I had no intention and still have no intention of saying who exactly I don't think should or would be moving forward, a Derby player next season. Because we will just go round in circles. 

We have a perfectly good player in Ivan Calero but McClaren in his wisdom stuck with Forsyth who's been useless this season. Bennett is capable up front and he's been forgotten about by McClaren too. 

There have been some players I've been sad to see go over the years, mostly Shackell, Commons, Kincladze, to name a few, but I have absolutely no problem with any of the current squad going elsewhere. 

As for who to bring in, a whole new defence for starters would be good as there seems to be no communication or common ground between the current line. If Hull City drop I would go for Aluko. Shackell would be a good choice also. Charlie Austin, Rob Green and Gary Hooper may all be available? 

Look to the academy too, we have some bright young talent there so what's the point in investing in them and nurturing their talents if we never use them, with the exception of Hendrick of course.

"Charlie Austin may be available" haha amazing! That's your first post and it will never be topped by anybody!

​So you would have dropped a left back for a 20 year old attacking midfielder?

Bennett is nowhere near the finished article from what I have seen and the fact that he struggled to get in the Bradford team shows that he hardly set that division alight.

You would have no problem with any of the current squad going anywhere? Not even Hughes, Martin or Russell?

Not sure why you think any of your suggestions would be interested in DCFC, after all each of these teams are currently better than Derby.

I do agree with your final paragraph though.

​That confused me to, I thought he was implying playing calero at left back?

https://footballfragmento.wordpress.com/2015/01/05/championship-players-out-of-contract-summer-2015/           not being a lazy linker ...   just dont know how to do it ...     but theres a few  championship players in there that we could go for

​Bryan Ruiz

Daryl Murphy

David McGoldrick

Jay Tabb

Sam Byram

Grant Leadbitter

Bakary Sako,

All stand out for me. 

We won't get anywhere near 10 million for Hughes 5 million plus add ons is far more realistic 

​I agree. Although hughes is class and I think he will go on to do great things, unfortunately the way football is he doesn't score or assist enough goals I don't think for someone to come in with a 10 mil type offer. I think it will be more around the 6 mill mark and like you say with possible add ons. 

Obviously if someone does come in with a 10 million offer take it and hopefully get him back in on a season loan whatever the deal is.

​How did we fund the players we spent £5m+ on this season permanently or as a fee for the loan when the only player we sold was Coutts? I am not suggesting we can and will have zero net spend. Or that we can get all of the signings I listed. Minus just one on that list that is the hardest to sign (Wisdom, Ince and Afibe) and the net spend comes down to around £7.5m. Just £2.5m more than last season. Without factoring in outgoings. Who is and isn't deadwood and who we would sell is up to individuals. I had no intention and still have no intention of saying who exactly I don't think should or would be moving forward, a Derby player next season. Because we will just go round in circles. 

When did we spend 5 million plus on permanent transfers? 

Thorne around £2 million, Albentosa half a million and Christie a nominal fee. There is no way you can claim of we spent 7.5 million this summer that would only be 2.5 more than this season. 

Last season our wage bill was nothing of what it is now. Lucrative new deals for Bryson Grant Keogh Forsyth Buxton Hendrick Hughes Ward Martin. Then spending on loan fees for Ince. Wages on Bent and Lingard.

We have much higher wages now which would limit our spending compared to last season due to FFP. 

There's no point arguing because we obviously disagree on how realistic those players are. 

We will just have to wait and see but my prediction is we will sign none of players you stated. 

Thorne around £2 million, Albentosa half a million and Christie a nominal fee. There is no way you can claim of we spent 7.5 million this summer that would only be 2.5 more than this season. 

Last season our wage bill was nothing of what it is now. Lucrative new deals for Bryson Grant Keogh Forsyth Buxton Hendrick Hughes Ward Martin. Then spending on loan fees for Ince. Wages on Bent and Lingard.

We have much higher wages now which would limit our spending compared to last season due to FFP. 

There's no point arguing because we obviously disagree on how realistic those players are. 

We will just have to wait and see but my prediction is we will sign none of players you stated. 

​I did not say that. In total on buying players on permanent deals, paying compensation and also fees to clubs for loan players for this season, we have spent around £5m+. Yeah we do. How about instead of being an ass you do what the thread title asks and actually list someone you would sign. 

​Accounts state £6.7m spent in the summer transfer window

Here's an idea for a goalkeeper to replace Grant.  Hannes Halldórsson contracted to Sandnes Ulf in Norway

until the end of the year.  Valued at 400 thousand euros, he could be gotten for less i think.

An integral part of the Icelandic national team performing so well in recent years, it is generally

considered that he should be playing for a better club.

Off that list I like Neil Danns and Grant Leadbitter.

3 players who have shone in the past and would be good if reviving their careers are Roger Johnson, Darren Pratley and Hugo Rodallega, not really sure how well the last 2 would fit in with our system but maybe we should be looking beyond that because, as we have seen, an inability to move away from the system can be fatal!

If I was Sam Rush I'd be seriously questioning with McClaren the summer spending and increase in wage bill from loanees which have yielded a failure to even reach the playoffs 

​And maybe McClaren would turn round and say if league position should be related to transfer fees and wage budgets then we have finished roughly where we should have?

Archived