Who would you sign?

Uptherams

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Our back line who were trash for the last 3 months of the season would fetch more than that.

Keogh would easily fetch £1.5m to £2m alone

There is no way in hell that any club would pay more than £500,000 for Keogh.

Forsyth around £100,000, Albentosa maybe £200,000 and Christie maybe £150,000.

That's close to £1 million for our back line and I think we'd be doing well to get that.

That's close to £1 million for our back line and I think we'd be doing well to get that.

Laughable.

Doesn't Keogh's inclusion in the PFA team of the year prove he's one of the most high rated defenders in the league.

Regardless of your own ill conceived thoughts? 

I've read some stuff over the past few days - Calero in at left back was a personal highlight - but your stuff is absolute gold. 

​He'd fit in well here - been in nothing short of horrific form since the turn of the new year.

I'm not a fan purely because he losses the ball more than any other player in the Championship. He makes Fozzy look like Pirlo.

​I'm no fan of his either. I would say he is pretty similar to Fozzy. Except Fozzy makes great cross every now and then.

Laughable.

Doesn't Keogh's inclusion in the PFA team of the year prove he's one of the most high rated defenders in the league.

Regardless of your own ill conceived thoughts? 

I've read some stuff over the past few days - Calero in at left back was a personal highlight - but your stuff is absolute gold. 

Apparently Albentosa was included in a La Liga Team of the month so those 'Teams of the year', Teams of the Month' etc mean nothing to me.

I have seen Keogh enough this season and last to know that while he is a decent centre half, he is average at best at this level and therefore wouldn't command a huge transfer fee. Very error prone and clumsy on the ball. He's not as commanding as he was and appears to have lost his confidence.

We bought him in for round about 1M. Are you trying to tell me that he has improved since then?

This is all about opinion and I respect yours. Fair enough, you think our squad is worth a lot more than me. I just think the fans on here really over rate our players.

We are what we are. An average middle of the table second tier side.

Apparently Albentosa was included in a La Liga Team of the month so those 'Teams of the year', Teams of the Month' etc mean nothing to me.

I have seen Keogh enough this season and last to know that while he is a decent centre half, he is average at best at this level and therefore wouldn't command a huge transfer fee. Very error prone and clumsy on the ball. He's not as commanding as he was and appears to have lost his confidence.

We bought him in for round about 1M. Are you trying to tell me that he has improved since then?

​We turned down £1,5m last summer. His valuation surely ain't lower than that, vice versa.

​We turned down £1,5m last summer. His valuation surely ain't lower than that, vice versa.

​I never thought that was his true valuation. He was valued at that as only the one club were willing to pay it and yes, I believe it has gone down.

Burnely were the only bidders and I think we all know that Dyche failed pretty miserably with his transfer dealings...a shame as I have the utmost respect for the man after doing such a wonderful job to bring Burnley up.

​I never thought that was his true valuation. He was valued at that as only the one club were willing to pay it and yes, I believe it has gone down.

Burnely were the only bidders and I think we all know that Dyche failed pretty miserably with his transfer dealings...a shame as I have the utmost respect for the man after doing such a wonderful job to bring Burnley up.

​Yes, his true valuation was higher and therefore wasn't sold...

​Yes, his true valuation was higher and therefore wasn't sold...

And I hope you're right as if we do receive a bid, we'll snap their hands off and hopefully next season, our defence won't be our achilles heel.

I would like to see a whole new back four next season.

​Burnley supposedly offered somewhere between £1.5m and £2m last season.

Since that point he has played every game for a team that just missed out on the play offs and was named in the team of the year as well as playing at international level.

I am not a big fan of his but the facts that I have just pointed out show that people more qualified than me probably do.

I'm afraid your suggestion of £500k is laughable.

I also think we would get higher for the other 3 that you have mentioned, 2 of the 3 are internationals and the other supposedly had 12 clubs chasing his signature before he signed for us in January.

Once again this is not my own take on the players abilities, this is just facts that would make them worth more than you give them credit for.

It would have been great if we could have got him before Christmas when he was really our of the picture there until Pardew joined. A footballing central defender he could make a real difference to our solidity I reckon 

Hangeland from Palace? 

​I think we could all come up with half a dozen names - and yes, he would be on many people's lists. The day Bucko injured himself/got barged off the ball and over the touchline at Cardiff at the end of January was the day the wheel nuts started to come loose, in hindsight.

This is all about opinion and I respect yours. Fair enough, you think our squad is worth a lot more than me. I just think the fans on here really over rate our players.

We are what we are. An average middle of the table second tier side.

​My point wasn't about what you think he is worth, but what we could get for him.

The inclusion in the PFA TOTY proves that he IS rated by his peers in the game, i.e, is rated to have some value. 

Your point may be right, I'm not his biggest fan, but he's certainly a player with a stock and one a lot bigger than 500k. 

Grant/Marshall

Wisdom/Shotton        Keogh/Rawson  Albentosa/Buxton        Forsyth/Warnock

Thorne/Mascarell

Hendrick/Bryson       Hughes/Calero

Ince/Ibe                                                                                       Russell/Ward

Martin 

Marshal would be a great signing but I do like grant when hes on form.

Wisdom hasn't lit it up for west brom, another loan to us? even a signing? think he has a long contract at 'Pool

If Hughes goes id try and get Mascarell or just see if Calero or Guy can step up

Ibe on loan is unlikely, Ince might be possible

There is no replacement for Martin in my eyes

Surprised people are suggesting we should sign Omar don't think he impressed certainly not in the CDM position he was a bit of a liability tbh. I think RK's time is up Saturday wasn't great was it?

I would like derby to sign the following players.

Hector from reading

McLean from wigan

Drinkwater from leicester

Sako from wolves

Parker from fulham

Bent from villa

I think that these could be realistic targets for us. 

The following sold / released

Sammon

Whitbread 

Eustace

Dawkins

Naylor x2

Bryson/ hendrick

Archived