Who would you sign?

Uptherams

Everyone Alan Nixon tells me we are going to.

At the current rate, we will be able to put out 10 teams.

​I'd be disappointed if we wouldn't scavenge around transfermarket. Only way to get few quality players in without paying overprice.

Nixon might hear about most of those we are after, but only few will get signed. At least that's how I see it!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out Hughes cash in..........that's if we can find some club daft enough to pay millions for a lightweight midfielder that cannot head or tackle

Or score goals. Next season he needs to step up. Loads of potential , big heart and obviously talented but he needs control games more and pop up occasionaly with a goal.

Or score goals. Next season he needs to step up. Loads of potential , big heart and obviously talented but he needs control games more and pop up occasionaly with a goal.

​See that's your first post, welcome to the board. Not having a pop at you or anything just a question. If you say that he needs to step up and score more goals, who would you prefer?

This is based on Wiki stats alone: Hendrick: 161 apps, 20 goals or Hughes: 119 apps, 7 goals.

Personally I thought Will had more than 7 but he offers so much more all round. What the stats say is that his goal return is poor. What his performances say is the his runs, his dictation and composure on the ball may not get direct assists or goals but the build up play or space created can be just as valuable.

thank you! 

I want Hughes to stay , he is something special but as your stats  show,  his goal scoring record is poor especially as he is a more attack minded midfielder.  We often read that his valued at 10-15 mill , I think he will only reach that when he is scoring 5+ goals a season.

For me ince would  be a great signing if the price is sensible. A back up for Martin and Thorne also required. I m starting to fear Thorne will never be fit for long stretches of the season... hope I'm wrong!

Then theres the defence....

thank you! 

I want Hughes to stay , he is something special but as your stats  show,  his goal scoring record is poor especially as he is a more attack minded midfielder.  We often read that his valued at 10-15 mill , I think he will only reach that when he is scoring 5+ goals a season.

For me ince would  be a great signing if the price is sensible. A back up for Martin and Thorne also required. I m starting to fear Thorne will never be fit for long stretches of the season... hope I'm wrong!

Then theres the defence....

You're Chris Evans I claim £5. ;) 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived