Alan Nixon summer 2015 rumours

Ambitious

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few possibilities if it's a domestic based player

Clayton Donaldson - Reading had a bid of around 2mil rejected for him. He's strong and has a bit of pace and 3mil would seem a realistic figure. Could also have something to do with their interest in Buxton?

Tony Watt - Joined Charlton in January and has done well, but 3mil seems a little bit much for him

Cauley Woodrow - Not done much and I don't rate him, but he's got a bit of pace and strength and would fit the target man mould. 3mil would basically be paying for his potential 

David McGoldrick - Only has a year left on his deal so 3mil seems a realistic fee

Victor Anichebe - West Brom have signed Rondon and are doing all they can to hold onto Berahino so Anichebe isn't going to get many games. Would have though he might cost more than 3mil though

Lukas Jutkiewicz - Were linked with him before he joined Burnley. Not sure he has much pace as I've not seen much of him

Danny Graham - Again, don't think he fits the 'has pace' description but 3mil is a realistic figure for him and he's been linked to half the Championship in recent years

A few possibilities if it's a domestic based player

Clayton Donaldson - Reading had a bid of around 2mil rejected for him. He's strong and has a bit of pace and 3mil would seem a realistic figure. Could also have something to do with their interest in Buxton?

Lukas Jutkiewicz - Were linked with him before he joined Burnley. Not sure he has much pace as I've not seen much of him

Danny Graham - Again, don't think he fits the 'has pace' description but 3mil is a realistic figure for him and he's been linked to half the Championship in recent years

Donaldson- Would be good. Watched him against us and all I could think through his unselfish play is that it was almost Martin-esque. It made me think "if we had the money, he'd be the Martin backup we're looking for".

Jutkiewicz- Nah, he's not that good.

Graham- Do we really honestly want to go through that again?

Some non domestic names, not sure on the likelihood though....

Robbie Kruse, Salomon Kalou ( Bundesliga )

Obbi Oulare (Belgian Pro)

Jurgen Locadia, Richairo Zivkovic (Eredivise)

Robbie Kruse is not strong, not strong in the slightest. Injury prone too. 

Love Kruse, but not that type of player in the slightest. 

Archived