Derby County vs Blackpool

Carl Sagan

Bryson's still a club legend. He scored a hat-trick against Forest ffs and was POTY in our best season of the last 10 years. He'll be remembered extremely fondly.

But, it says a lot about how uninspired he's been that it's only just over a year since that day against Forest and he's fallen out of favour with the coach and the fans. I don't want to say he's been bad, because I never thought he'd have as good of a season this year (maybe in an overly optimistic pre-season thread I said he should be aiming for 20 goals or something), but he does seem uninterested and uninspired.

When he scored that winner against Watford away, I thought he was going to build on it. Never did.

Still reckon he'll stay if we go up.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In other words, I don't agree with you. 

I don't have an agenda, I just don't think he brings that much to the team. And judging by his appearances this season, neither do the management.

Not saying he didn't play well - he was better last night than usual - just don't get the raving. If you want a proper response, see Alpha's.

Don’t listen to any of the guff, from your “own” Derby County fans Craig Bryson.

Derby County fans get behind your players, and not against them.

Derby County fans get behind your team, and not against it.

Derby County fans sing louder and prouder than the opposing fans and get behind your club, and not against it.

Craig Bryson got us off to the best of starts last night, and still some Derby County fans, are the first to get there cheap 2 pennies worth in on criticizing one of their own, we don’t need the away fans to make it hard for our own players, we unfortunately manage to destroy our own players all by ourselves, how very sad.

Even those who preach time and time again how lucky we are at the moment to be in the top 6 and are playing the most attractive football in years etc, still can’t resist on destroying their own, with their poisoned words and those that give out their cheap and lazy heckles and moans from the stands.

“There’s only one Craig Bryson”

"There’s only one Craig Bryson”

Stephen Lynch: Craig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPdFrW076R0

Ps….I’m still laughing, thinking of the lad that called himself a Derby County fan that sat behind us at Wembley for the Q.P.R game, that spent most of the 90 minutes calling Jamie Ward every swear word under the sun.

What a complete waste of a Wembley ticket, I’m sure there were a few thousand others and better Derby County fans that could have and should have been sat in that seat instead of that waste of a human.

"We Love You Derby We Do……Oh Derby We Love You……………."

As for Chris Martin, he doesn’t do the "Social Media" thing, what a clever lad………

Derby boss Steve McClaren: "This was the genuine article. We kept a clean sheet, we worked, we passed and moved, we played at a good tempo and we got our reward."

Any result is a good result at this stage of the season but 'genuine article' against a side who are a complete mess and only mustered half a point a game is clutching at a straw or two!

Our form is about as good as QPR's last season....... I will settle for the same outcome as they had....

Why do so many Derby fans suffer from Scapegoatitis?

It's always been the case too over the last 50 years or so. Ian Buxton, Bobby Saxton, Arthur Stewart, Jim Walker, John McGovern for crying out loud, Barry Powell, Vic Moreland, Steve Emery, Paul Futcher, Paul Blades, Steve McClaren (for it is he), Nick Pickering, Paul Williams, Mikkel Beck, Stefan Schnoor, Deon Burton, Lee Morris, Luciano Zavagno, Richard Jackson, Jamie Vincent, Mo Camara, Gary Teale, any number of our current squad - I'm sure that everyone can pick out their 'favourites'. Some weren't over-blessed with talent, but all have one thing in common - they all, at one time or another, were the target of the boo-boys.

Derby boss Steve McClaren: "This was the genuine article. We kept a clean sheet, we worked, we passed and moved, we played at a good tempo and we got our reward."

Any result is a good result at this stage of the season but 'genuine article' against a side who are a complete mess and only mustered half a point a game is clutching at a straw or two!

Our form is about as good as QPR's last season....... I will settle for the same outcome as they had....

I see Sheff U lost to relegated Yeovil last night and I suppose some would like Clough back on here wouldn't they  .

Point is Derby beat relegated Blackpool 4-0 I suppose you would only be happy at 20-0 would you. 

Derby  are obliged to play Blackool it's the rules of the league so we had to turn up  ! 

I don't understand the whole 'it's only Blackpool so let's mark the performances down' school of thought. 

We didn't particularly blow them away, but to only be seeing mostly 5s and 6s for a team that played well and scored four goals seems harsh.

Grant didn't have much to do, sliced one straight back to Blackpool, but, did what was necessary.

The whole defence distributed well, I was especially impressed by Whitbread's passing - looked forwards more often than not - much better than Albentosa in this regard. Only 1 real lapse in concentration, and a couple of poor moments of tackling from Whitbread - but that's to be expected when you're out so long. The perfect game for him to build up match sharpness in too. I'd hope to see that back four finish the season, build up some consistency. It probably won't - Forsyth and Christie may well come back in, but I don't see why they should. Shotton looked like beating more men than Christie has since the turn of the year.

Dawkins played really well in a position that appeared to be so much more natural to him than being stuck out on the wide. Played much like Hughes, showed for the ball, kept possession well, made some very good challenges. The only thing that could have capped his performance off would have been a goal, but not for the want of trying. Leave him there for Huddersfield. Allowed Bryson to get forward too.

Bent, Ince and Lingard all linked up well too. Bent was unlucky not to get a hat trick, Lingard had 1 or 2 that he perhaps should have buried, but on another night he probably would have had some better luck, and Ince was breezing through time after time. With Martin in the side, we would have torn them 2 new ones, but it was the perfect game for him to miss.

Yes, all of this can be prefixed with 'It was only Blackpool, but..', but you can only beat the team that's in front of you. F*ck it, lets see the same side line up against Huddersfield. Better quality of opponent, but they don't have anything to play for as they guaranteed safety with their last win against Forest.

While not one of the "it's only Blackpool..." posters, it should be borne in mind that they are relegated and not a particularly good team. I thought that even so we played well and the win must be a huge filip to the team's confidence going into the game with Huddersfield

Inverurie Ram's post earlier was interesting. What he's saying is that you can't be a good supporter and get behind the team if you criticise individual players' performances or the way the team has played or team selection etc. Really? So in future we must all be blinkered and not see any faults and think that everything is fine and dandy?  What colour is the sky in your world?

Inverurie Ram's post earlier was interesting. What he's saying is that you can't be a good supporter and get behind the team if you criticise individual players' performances or the way the team has played or team selection etc. Really? So in future we must all be blinkered and not see any faults and think that everything is fine and dandy?  What colour is the sky in your world?

​No no no, he's saying you can't criticise certain players. Bryson is off limits, but Hendrick, knock yourself out. 

The game reminded me a lot of the Charlton home match. I thought we did what was necessary to get into an unassailable lead and then let the game slow down to the opposition's level. As with the Charlton match I left the game feeling hollow rather than happy in a weird sort of way. I'm certainly not criticising the performance because we did what we had to and didn't expend any more energy than we needed to. It just felt like a strange exhibition match (admittedly not helped by the lack of atmosphere, not helped by the number of away fans).

One thing I did notice about the performance was the fact that we definitely seemed to play down the middle more than using the flanks. Shotton and Warnock seemed to play a lot deeper than our full backs usually seem to. Wonder if this was a change in tactics or a specific game plan?

What is pleasing is that we've quietly started to put a little bit of a run together. We're now unbeaten in 4 and with the remaining 3 games all being winnable, this could be stretched to 7 unbeaten ahead of the play-offs. The 4 point buffer to 7th place (as good as 5 points with the goal difference)  puts the pressure off a little so hopefully we can relax a bit more and get some confidence back in time for the play-offs.

Could people stop saying a 4 point difference with a much better goal difference is as good as a 5 point difference?  So we can afford to drop 5 points to Wolves and Brentford between now and the end of the season and still be level with them? Call it as good a 4 and a half point difference if you must (or anything more than 0 and less than 1). Or better yet, leave it as a 4 point cushion with a better goal difference.

​the fella is only saying what most fans are thinking , over the last 3 years he has been derbys best player , that is fact , however a change of manager and a change of role for him along with injuries and being left out the team at certain times wont have him playing with the confidence that every player needs , however his attitude is spot on and he will always give 100% every time he turns out for the club , Bryso playing further forward is as much needed as George Thorne is holding the fort in front of the back 4 , some fans have short memories but some of the nonsense written on here is laughable and slagging good players will only come back to bite you

Don’t listen to any of the guff, from your “own” Derby County fans Craig Bryson.

Derby County fans get behind your players, and not against them.

Derby County fans get behind your team, and not against it.

Derby County fans sing louder and prouder than the opposing fans and get behind your club, and not against it.

Craig Bryson got us off to the best of starts last night, and still some Derby County fans, are the first to get there cheap 2 pennies worth in on criticizing one of their own, we don’t need the away fans to make it hard for our own players, we unfortunately manage to destroy our own players all by ourselves, how very sad.

Even those who preach time and time again how lucky we are at the moment to be in the top 6 and are playing the most attractive football in years etc, still can’t resist on destroying their own, with their poisoned words and those that give out their cheap and lazy heckles and moans from the stands.

"There’s only one Craig Bryson”

Stephen Lynch: Craig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPdFrW076R0

Ps….I’m still laughing, thinking of the lad that called himself a Derby County fan that sat behind us at Wembley for the Q.P.R game, that spent most of the 90 minutes calling Jamie Ward every swear word under the sun.

What a complete waste of a Wembley ticket, I’m sure there were a few thousand others and better Derby County fans that could have and should have been sat in that seat instead of that waste of a human.

"We Love You Derby We Do……Oh Derby We Love You……………."

As for Chris Martin, he doesn’t do the "Social Media" thing, what a clever lad……

Could people stop saying a 4 point difference with a much better goal difference is as good as a 5 point difference?  So we can afford to drop 5 points to Wolves and Brentford between now and the end of the season and still be level with them? Call it as good a 4 and a half point difference if you must (or anything more than 0 and less than 1). Or better yet, leave it as a 4 point cushion with a better goal difference.

​Well it is as good as a 5 point difference isn't it? 18 goals better than Brentford and 21 better than Wolves. Either of those sides would have to get 5 points more than we get to over take us. It's not really a four point gap if four points will still have them both behind us.

​No no no, he's saying you can't criticise certain players. Bryson is off limits, but Hendrick, knock yourself out. 

Just reread it and apart from the Bryson bits the rest is about not criticising the team or players generally. For the record I think Bryson is a shadow of the player he was last season. Not sure why. Sure he hasn't had the playing time but when he has played he has been below average. He showed against Blackpool what he can do. Let's hope he can continue like that

Not gettin carried away because who we were facing but Dawkins had a cracking game, he ran it, his passing his first touch was top draw. Also very nice to see whitbread back, decent player just unlucky with injuries! If he stays fit he will stay In the side! Looking forward to a nice away day on Saturday

While not one of the "it's only Blackpool..." posters, it should be borne in mind that they are relegated and not a particularly good team. I thought that even so we played well and the win must be a huge filip to the team's confidence going into the game with Huddersfield

​I disagree - in fact, I think we ought to tell the league that it's only fair that they deduct a point from Derby. Beating Blackpool surely isn't worth the full 3.

;)

Incidentally, Blackpool took more points off Middlesbrough than we did - BMO.

:P

​Well it is as good as a 5 point difference isn't it? 18 goals better than Brentford and 21 better than Wolves. Either of those sides would have to get 5 points more than we get to over take us. It's not really a four point gap if four points will still have them both behind us.

<pedant>Nope, it's a very healthy 4 points but not as good as 5 points. If they get 5 more points, they are above us.</pedant>

Archived