Derby County vs Blackpool

Carl Sagan

I want a refund, I didn't pay for a training match...

You can only beat what's put in front of you, and Blackpool were crap, but we still played well enough. Didn't even break a sweat really.

Feel really bad for Blackpool. Wish them the best of luck. I fear they'll get relegated again next year. League Two...

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not getting it with Dawkins. He did indeed keep things ticking, but only in a receive the ball, take a few touches and pass it sideways or backwards way, with the odd ball forward. Slowed the pace down when it needed to be quicker second half. Didn't open Blackpool up at all. Did ok, but nothing more.

He played the Hughes role. People can't get it out their heads that he's not and attacker or winger. He's more like Hughes than Ince. 

He created some good opportunities and had them shitting their pants on their 18 yard box. 

Like Hughes he doesn't really have that killer instinct. He put Ince in to get the assists or Shotton. Much like Hughes would. Only shooting or hitting the killer pass himself when he ran out of options and forced to risk wasting possession. 

I think when he picks the ball up he's expected to match up to Ince. 

Compare him to Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick tonight and he suddenly looks a lot better.  

I thought he was a lot like Hughes. Maybe defensively not as good as I think he spent the whole game being reminded of his marking duties. But for picking the pass that eases pressure or the pass that opens the pitch or assisting a potential assist I thought he was top notch. 

just as soon as he picks the ball up our minds are all like "what's he going to make happen"

If we had that same attitude to Bryson or Hendrick I think it would be fairer. 

I dunno if he could play their with Hughes but he's certainly put his name forward as an alternative to Will. 

Just seen I've been beaten by miles to the Hughes/Dawkins comparison effect on the team.

I do hope that this puts an end to what's expected of him. He's not an Ince or Ibe. Never was and Never will be.

He's always been the phase before them. The creative bit that comes before that. The bit that says let's get to within 20 yards of goal with the ball on the floor. Then let's feed the players who are best equipped to do some damage. Let's not drop anyone in the *****. Let's work the opening. 

Ok, he lacks killer instinct and as a winger he needs that. But as a central player it's much more forgiving. As a central player surrounded by limelight hoggers it works even better. 

Said it since day 1. There's a really, really good player in there. There's a reason Spurs kept him on. But it's just finding a role for him. I don't know how he was ever a striker. As a winger here its been mostly about his ball retention rather than his aggression. Finally we see him central. Is he a midfielder or some sort of "in the hole" thingy? 

Feel like he's made some real progress tonight. 

Not getting it with Dawkins. He did indeed keep things ticking, but only in a receive the ball, take a few touches and pass it sideways or backwards way, with the odd ball forward. Slowed the pace down when it needed to be quicker second half. Didn't open Blackpool up at all. Did ok, but nothing more.

​You either have a clear agenda against Dawkins or you misjudged his performance.

He played more forward passes than Bryson, Ince and Lingard.

And didn't open them up? He played as many key passes as anybody else on the pitch. I know you probably don't like statistics or think they're a load of cobble, but when you've got it in for somebody - you generally find the worst in them.

Dawkins' style will clearly divide opinion, but I think he 100% deserves a run in the first-team playing as a CM.

​You got some kind of special rams player? Cause I aint seeing them

I always think that. I teXT my mate the other week to tell him the full 90 was up and he couldn't find it. 

I've got the app on my phone and it's on there? I sign in with my RamsPlayer login. The audio is all taken from next to the drummer in SS. I don't know what the app is called. It just says "Player". It was being brought in to replace the football league app that had RamsPlayer on it (probably still does)

I always think that. I teXT my mate the other week to tell him the full 90 was up and he couldn't find it. 

I've got the app on my phone and it's on there? I sign in with my RamsPlayer login. The audio is all taken from next to the drummer in SS. I don't know what the app is called. It just says "Player". It was being brought in to replace the football league app that had RamsPlayer on it (probably still does)

Yeah not on Rams Player yet(Desktop).But highlights are here for anybody:

http://www.goalsaim.com/derby-vs-blackpool-4-0-highlights-2015-championship/

I have FLi Player app to use Rams Player on Android.I will check with that.

Ah fair enough​

Yeah not on Rams Player yet(Desktop).But highlights are here for anybody:

http://www.goalsaim.com/derby-vs-blackpool-4-0-highlights-2015-championship/

I have FLi Player app to use Rams Player on Android.I will check with that.

Cheers AR, good man!

Dawkins is a mid-Championship standard David Silva.

Impossibly tidy on the ball, not quite a winger, not quite a CM. Probably best playing off a big lad up top.

Dont think many people have mentioned Dawkins working himself a few shots last night,felt like the potential was there and anyone who's seen those goals from Fulham away in the Cup won't doubt that he does have a decent shot.

Not as good as David Silva's, mind you :ph34r:

Has he? Dunno what he's being mardy about. Don't think he's had unfair criticism? 

Like his "shush" celebration. Going to take more than a goal against Blackpool to silence any critics mate. Especially when you were probably out performed by your two midfield teammates.

But whatever. He's got every right to give some stick back. He doesn't have to kiss the badge and tell us how great we are. 

Noticed at the full time whistle that he just turned on his heel, shook hands with a couple of players on his way to the tunnel and didn't acknowledge anyone.

It was either the booing on Saturday or social media that's upset him? Ah well. I barely care. He's just Paul Green but in a good team

Yeah was thinking the same he's not like he used to be wish he went Burnley to be fair.

The attitude is different all around all the players used to clap etc when they come back out for half time. Only Keogh clapped Grant came over and just warmed up..

I think somethings happening or the players are just getting fed up of us being negative only singing when we're winning or doing well etc.. But don't most clubs do that!?! I just think we have had to many happy times over the Mclaren era.

I think it's human nature to look out side for answers to failure. 

Does bryson want to admit he has been crap and the team has underperformed, or just blame the fans? They get on our back. Not fair! 

Let's be right about last night. I don't think that Blackpool side will survive league one. A shocking team.  I really feel for their supporters.

Two goalkeeper horror shows, a defensive horror show, and a penalty. 

I know you can only beat what is in front of you, and hopefully the unbeaten run continues and confidence grows. 

But we were still very average. 

Yeah they're probably a bit pissed off with us. Can't blame them. They've begged for patience and been ignored. They're just as desperate as we are to succeed and we do only sing when we're winning. We booed a draw on Saturday. 

Even tonight there was moans and groans about the first misplaced pass. We were already 1-0 up. 

They've had abuse on twitter, a couple of them have been jeered (Dawkins, Forsyth). 

In fairness they have probably given more to us than we have for them at home.

Away though I can't say the same. Theyve had some great backings whatever the score. 

It's the right way to respond. If we don't stick with them through the bad then don't acknowledge us through the good. 

Winning will eventually bring us back to a happy family anyway. 

I like to see footballers give a bit back. Makes me laugh how many fans can't take it and start saying how we pay their wages (not true)

Just in Bryson's case I'm curious to what has got him in a huff.

It was either the booing on Saturday or social media that's upset him? Ah well. I barely care. He's just Paul Green but in a good team

​It's more than likely social media, he's come into criticism a lot because of his 5 year deal and his tough year this year. I think it's silly on all sides. We shouldn't have these complete planks giving the players abuse but then also you have to have thicker skin than that as a player if you're going to be on social media. You're opening yourself up. I also remember when he was having a particularly bad patch and there was a thread up on here talking about him and he responded "love proving people wrong". So he reads this forum I think.

Hi Craig, nice goal yesterday. I don't know what's happened but there were a few of us singing your song. Some people are just dead against you now. C'est la vie. Score a couple and you'll win them back I guess. They were quick enough to turn on you, they'll quickly turn back. Football is a fickle game.

Archived