Derby search for McClaren replacement..

Why are we discussing this????

Are newspapers and **** journalists running football. They think they are, and so do we if we are discussing this.

Radio Derby or DET can ask Mcclaren if there is any truth, which he will deny. Rush cna be asked and he can respond with we havent had a single approach for Mcclaren... yet the papers are so sure its goign to happen. And so are you lot by discussing this crap.

As for the goal.com article. You know its complete bullcrap when they say "McClaren, who was originally approached by Newcastle when Alan Pardew left at the turn of the year." which is a complete Lie!

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​I read up on their chairman a while ago, and while it seems a good basis I'm not entirely sure how detailed the database is.

I mean, who found Jota for instance? Warburton or the system? It's a question I'd certainly like to know because the first moment I saw him in the Championship I knew he'd be a quality player.

As for Toral and Pritchard - both awesome loans though again I'd like to know if this was the manager's choice or that of the owner.

One thing is for certain though, is that Warburton obviously trains them and gets them playing fast football and on the deck. I'm hoping Derby vs Brentford is on TV soon as it's a game I want to watch to see how they set up and counter us.

McLaren's controlling tactics are suited for players who can do a job at boith ends of the pitch. He'd be a hit at Newcastle if given time and playing this way, I'm sure he could get them regularly finishing in the top half and challenging for Europe.

But in the Championship, and relying on Keogh, Christie, Ward, Rusell etc. being both smart and intelligent at both ends of the pitch to do pretty much advanced tasks seems like it's too much for them.

​I read up on their chairman a while ago, and while it seems a good basis I'm not entirely sure how detailed the database is.

I mean, who found Jota for instance? Warburton or the system? It's a question I'd certainly like to know because the first moment I saw him in the Championship I knew he'd be a quality player.

As for Toral and Pritchard - both awesome loans though again I'd like to know if this was the manager's choice or that of the owner.

One thing is for certain though, is that Warburton obviously trains them and gets them playing fast football and on the deck. I'm hoping Derby vs Brentford is on TV soon as it's a game I want to watch to see how they set up and counter us.

McLaren's controlling tactics are suited for players who can do a job at boith ends of the pitch. He'd be a hit at Newcastle if given time and playing this way, I'm sure he could get them regularly finishing in the top half and challenging for Europe.

But in the Championship, and relying on Keogh, Christie, Ward, Rusell etc. being both smart and intelligent at both ends of the pitch to do pretty much advanced tasks seems like it's too much for them.

Anyone suggesting Rosler was there yesterday, needs a mental check up. So is this how the two conversations could have gone?

"Sam, I am the Sky pundit on Friday, but I can get to the ground earlier if you want me to and discuss my contract for next season?"

"Uwe, that sounds excellent, meet you at 2pm in the Ipro. No one should spot us"

or

"Mr sky sports producer, I am actually going to The Ipro on Friday to discuss my contract next year with Sam Rush, I am happy to stick  around and be your pundit?"

"Uwe, perfect, that's a deal"

Stop trying to make assumptions and read into things when there is nothing there. Steve is our manager, there will be nothing in place with Newcastlr, and if, just if, he does go in the summer, Sam will lose his reputation and so will Steve. 

​In the short term I'd agree, but it's vitally important for a club to adopt an identity and have players fit each specific role.

If players who were originally here can't grasp the new ideas, ship them out and bring in players that can.

Having said that, I can understand why Christie was brought in but as for Shotton I'm bemused. He doesn't really fit the criteria at centre-back or right-back. It smacks of signing him because he was available, rather than because we actually needed him.

Maybe McLaren needs another summer to make some changes. 

I was in corporate hospitality last night and ended up sat next to someone with significant connections to the club and who has no reason to lie.

McClaren to Newcastle is agreed and Dyche is the man we want if Burnley go down.

It all makes sense really. Sam Rush must have thought promotion was virtually assured in Jan so a deal to keep SMC till the end of the season to see the job through was a no brainer. Everyone would have been happy.

The fact the season has imploded is going to make everyone look a bit silly.

A new manager/head coach who can change the system when our 2 main strikers and 3 defensive midfielders are injured will do for me. 

Something McClaren has not done. He relies far to much on 4-3-3 even some of today's papers are suggesting dressing room unrest because of this failure to change 

Archived