Derby search for McClaren replacement..

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why Rosler over Warburton? Warburton achieved promotion with Brentford where Rosler failed. Warburton has his team battling at the top end of the championship, whereas Rosler was sacked after leading Wigan towards the relegation zone.

We're just adding to the confusion and speculation, having falling for the tedious press hype.

I shudder to think of such as Rosler or Neville...maybe we'd unlearn any good footballing style through Rosler and crowds would dwindle again, though in Neville's case, we'd just get good at surrounding the referees or practising the sly arts of whingeing our way through games.

We're in for an interesting time, whether Mac dismantles and rebuilds, or someone else arrives - but we're NOT out of the promotion picture by any means.

As I'm cheesed off with the witterings and twitterings generally, I'll let the season unfold as it will, powerless to intervene, and offer today's Pointless Fact that Mike Phelan once nearly bought my flat in SW19!

Steve has done wonders for this club in a short space of time, but i do think it's best for all parties if he moves on.

He's turned us from a crap championship team, into one of the best. Now we need someone in to take us to the next level.

It's really the end if there are actually people on here who want Mac to leave.

Happily, there's no chance he's going to Newcastle. Or do people think the recent winless run provides evidence we've crossed into some weird parallel universe where Mike Ashley is prepared to pay large compensation to get a good head coach, and then go further and decide to fund the team, rather than running his club as a cash cow?

Copy of my post in the Michael Laudrup thread
Was it a coincidence that Rosler was the sky tv guest at the stadium last night or do you think he had been at the ground for his earlier meeting with Sam to discuss him taking over at the end of the season? Talked like a DCFC manager in-waiting to me and after the last six weeks change is surely coming...

For me it's between him and Warburton and I'd go for Rosler on the basis of his top level playing experience and the foundations he laid at Brentford that Warburton inherited. Not sure about Laudrup due to his last few months at Swansea but his playing career was fantastic no doubt but getting out of the championship is tough 

I really can't believe we are discussing the likes of Rosler as a successor for Mac , the same bloke who dished out a disgracefull , cynical, cheating  bunch of hoof merchants against us on more than one occasion , if we need to , we can do much better !! 

Got to admit I like Mark Warburton. The guy has Brentford playing some great stuff and he clearly has an eye for a player.

Most impressive though is their directness. They are similar to Bournemouth that they almost have a shoot-on-sight policy going on and they've clearly benefitted from it.

If there is one complaint I have about McLaren's style, as good as it is to watch it's almost too controlling. For our attacking talents, it seems we never actually have that mnay shots on goal.

Even when we've convincingly won 3-0, 4-0 and 5-0,, I don't ever remember us peppering the opposition's goal like Bournemouth and Brentford have.

Got to admit I like Mark Warburton. The guy has Brentford playing some great stuff and he clearly has an eye for a player.

Most impressive though is their directness. They are similar to Bournemouth that they almost have a shoot-on-sight policy going on and they've clearly benefitted from it.

If there is one complaint I have about McLaren's style, as good as it is to watch it's almost too controlling. For our attacking talents, it seems we never actually have that mnay shots on goal.

Even when we've convincingly won 3-0, 4-0 and 5-0,, I don't ever remember us peppering the opposition's goal like Bournemouth and Brentford have.

​It's the chairman's stats systems finding these gems it seems. Not that Warburton isn't a good coach, but the chairman swears by his stats computer and it has worked for little old Brentford in some crazy Moneyball-esque way.

Why are we discussing this????

Are newspapers and **** journalists running football. They think they are, and so do we if we are discussing this.

Radio Derby or DET can ask Mcclaren if there is any truth, which he will deny. Rush cna be asked and he can respond with we havent had a single approach for Mcclaren... yet the papers are so sure its goign to happen. And so are you lot by discussing this crap.

As for the goal.com article. You know its complete bullcrap when they say "McClaren, who was originally approached by Newcastle when Alan Pardew left at the turn of the year." which is a complete Lie!

​He originally made his money as a professional gambler, and then I think he decided to leave the risk to others and just sell the stats. But he puts all his faith in the numbers and so he number crunches all the scouts targets and decides whether to get players based on that. They say that stats can't tell you everything but.... 5th in the Championship? The model is working to some degree then?

I guess it's being discussed because whatever happens from now and that includes possible promotion the result of this season has been below expectations. DCFC were favourites to do well and that means top of the table and not losing games to Fulham, Brighton etc and 3 points out of 21 at this stage of the season. Plus the long and continuing NUFC rumours which still don't seem to have been completely quashed. I rate SM highly and credit him with significant contribution to the success in the Jim Smith years. If I have a concern it's that he sometimes doesn't make changes until forced to and that can be too late e.g. we continued with Omar in a role he was not suited for for too long 

Archived