Derby County v Watford

PrivateDerby

​I agree it would seem likely, we'd have 88 points which would probably be enough this season but firstly we have to beat Watford, arguably our toughest remaining test of the season the back of 2 draws and 4 defeats in our last six. Plus five wins for Bournemouth would guarantee them above us. Five wins & a draw for Boro would do the same. Looking at Bournemouth's fixtures I can definitely see them getting five wins. Middlesbrough is possible. We'd have to win all 7 first anyway which is something we haven't done this season.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering we haven't won more than 3 in a row all season (I think?), I'd say it's highly unlikely we're going to go on to win our next seven, although stranger things have happened and I remain optimistic.

Anyway, I expect us to revert back to the 433, as I can't see us playing without a holding midfielder against one of the best attacking sides in the division, assuming Thorne is fit. My guess is:

Grant, Christie, Keogh, Albentosa, Forsyth; Thorne, Hughes, Bryson (was excellent vs Wolves); Ince, Russell, Bent. 

The silence on Martin suggests to me we might have to wait a little while longer until he's back, although that may just be me being paranoid. Hopefully he's at least on the bench as I believe he's our best player and we need him to play to our max potential.

If Martin & Thorne aren't back and properly fit: Zero chance of getting the wins we need. Derby draw/lose this one.

If they are: Very slim chance unless several other players suddenly regain their lost form & confidence as well. Those two are key performers obviously but there are several weak links at the moment. Derby draw/win this one.

Roos

Christie, Raul, Keogh, Warnock

Thorne

Bryson Hughes

Ince Martin Russell

Subs: Grant, Shotton, Bent, Hendrick, Ward, Dawkins, Lingard

This team will win the last 7 matches, plus bring on Bent, Lingard and Ward for the last 30 minutes..as we run our socks..

Aberdeenshire Rams are watching this Derby County v Watford game Sky Sports 1 Live @ Black Bull Inn, Inverurie, Friday 3rd April 2015, Kick Off 19:45pm.

Black Bull Inn, 50-52 North Street, Inverurie, AB51 4RS

http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/the-black-bull-inn-inverurie.en-gb.html

Back in the pub we always win in. Breakfast Pies all over the shop!

All very welcome to join us, especially vicars and nuns and watford buns (softer and tastier than chelsea buns) but no guns!

*http://i61.tinypic.com/zkn7ns.jpg[/img]

Roos

Christie, Raul, Keogh, Warnock

Thorne

Bryson Hughes

Ince Martin Russell

Subs: Grant, Shotton, Bent, Hendrick, Ward, Dawkins, Lingard

This team will win the last 7 matches, plus bring on Bent, Lingard and Ward for the last 30 minutes..as we run our socks..

Roos

Ssewankambo, Raul, Rawson, Warnock

Thorne

Bunjaku, Hughes

Russell                                 Ince 

Martin

Drop Shotton, Christie, Hendrick, Keogh and Grant from the squad completely and bring in Klobenz, Hanson, Mitchell, Calero and Guy. 

Edit: Rawson won't be back until the Brentford game - gutted. Play Hanson... put Keogh on the bench, unless Whitbread is fit.

Roos

Ssewankambo, Raul, Rawson, Warnock

Thorne

Bunjaku, Hughes

Russell                                 Ince 

Martin

Drop Shotton, Christie, Hendrick, Keogh and Grant from the squad completely and bring in Klobenz, Hanson, Mitchell, Calero and Guy. 

Edit: Rawson won't be back until the Brentford game - gutted. Play Hanson... put Keogh on the bench, unless Whitbread is fit.

Archived