Derby County v Watford

PrivateDerby

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No way Lingard deserves to be dropped IMO. Thought he looked sharp and with Ince as likely as anyone to make something happen. Thought the system worked well also.

Grant

Christie    Keogh    Albentosa    Warnock

Thorne    Hughes

Russell   Ince   Lingard

Martin

Subs: Roos, Shotton, Forsyth, Bryson, Hendrick, Bent, Ward

Slighly harsh on Bryson but if Thorne is fit he has to play.

Still Believe, Up The Rams!!

who knows about the injuirys?

will martin and thorne be back and considered fully fit?

if so, i'd very much still like us to go with the formation we played at wolves, with the same style of play and martin in for bent(who i would like to drop a little bit back and not play on the shoulder), with him in there i can see us walking it like this and auto's back on

​I think one great part of Inces game in unpredictability. Stick him on the touchline, and he has one option, cut inside. As a fullback, you show him on to his right foot and with the touchline blocking the other side, he's buggered. 

Through the middle he can go either way, spread the ball, play people through, shoot... showed that with a couple of mazy runs last night. Defenders in knots. 

​really do think he needs to spend the break working on his shooting though, i felt despite all the shots we did have at wolves, many of them were easy for the keeper to collect, many of ince's were straight into his hands for an easy save and pressure off.

​That's confidence I think too. It's almost like they aim nearer the centre of the goal to ensure it goes on target. A player that is full of beans will **** it at the top corner and if it goes over...meh, I'll bag the next one. 

Confidence is a key thing at Derby. The energy we have when we are on it, is unstoppable by anyone in this division. Even Chelsea didn't have a clue for the ten minutes around Brysons goal, before Buckos (very harsh) red. 

In fear of sounding like a hippy, if derby can turn that negative energy back, and come out swinging, we can win our remaining games. Unfortunately there are very few signs of that, and we are pinning our hopes on two players that have been out a while, coming out guns blazing. Still, you can't rely on Derby, but you can't write them off either. 

​Im confident though, despite losing to wolves, in a game where a bad decision by the ref changed the entire game, we still dominated the second half, what we really needed then was a bit of confidence and someone with a decent strike.

I think having martin back will be such a big boost for the team and our players will know that, he will bring that confidence.

Might I suggest we all pause for a while and not concern ourselves about possible formations, player's strengths and weaknesses, the return of the injured, the dropping of the terminally useless, and the general chaos that is the Championship. Good Friday is 12 days away. Now is a great period of time to look for inner peace and calm and reflect upon the sacrifices made for us by our Lord, the Redeemer, Jesus Christ. Open up your hearts and let him in. For the record, he thinks Forsyth can be pretty annoying at times.

We'll be fine after this week.

Basically, and I'm sure that I can say this without fear of contradiction, that our troubles are all down to the hysteria surrounding the movement of the remains of the filthy Plantagenet dog, Diçk the Shi… sorry, Richard The Turd, the ghost of whom still blames Lord Stanley, who just happened to be the Earl of Derby, for his fall on the battlefield of Bosworth (which just happens to be my wife's maiden name).

Bloody Leicester students should have left him under the car park.

My change in profile picture shows my optimism for this match. 

Nah, I think we can get a result. Providing the whole squad is fit we will probably go back to:

Grant

Christie Keogh Albentosa Forsyth

Thorne

Hughes Hendrick

Ince                               Lingard

Martin

I would quite like to see this though, think it has huge potential:

Grant

Christie Keogh Albentosa Forsyth

Thorne Hughes

Ince            Martin        Lingard

Bent