Derby County v Watford

PrivateDerby

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grant 

Shotton  Keogh Albentosa Warnock

Hughes             Bryson / Thorne if fit    Hendrick                           

Dawkins               Bent                                     Ward   

This is how I'd go for Watford as Ince and Russell are luxuries and I want to have Dawkins holding the ball up for Bent 

Both full backs are changed for form reasons as Christe and Forsyth need resting after bad mistakes lately .

Thorne will be fit I hope but Martin I doubt will make it .

Is that you Nigel?

Grant 

Shotton  Keogh Albentosa Warnock

Hughes             Bryson / Thorne if fit    Hendrick                           

Dawkins               Bent                                     Ward   

This is how I'd go for Watford as Ince and Russell are luxuries and I want to have Dawkins holding the ball up for Bent 

Both full backs are changed for form reasons as Christe and Forsyth need resting after bad mistakes lately .

Thorne will be fit I hope but Martin I doubt will make it .                                      

If everyone is fit

Grant

Christie Keogh Raul Forsyth

Thorne

Hughes      Bryson

Russell   Martin   Ince

No thorne, go same as against Wolves

No martin, so same as against Wolves except Dawks in behind the striker and ince on the wing, no Lingard

Grant

Shotton Keogh Albentosa Forsyth

Thorne

Hughes                  Bryson

Russell      Bent       Ince

We got goals written all over that team, just hope we can defend when we need to.......

Grant

Thorne

We got goals written all over that team, just hope we can defend when we need to.......

Grant

Thorne

Grant

Thorne

Grant

Shotton All-bent-toes-ha Keogh Hendrick

Hanson Bryson Warnock Ward

Dawkins   Ince

Bench:

Hughes, Buxton <anyway>, Lingard, Roos, Fozzy, Russell, Eustace

Thorne, Martin and Whitbread awaiting transfer to "glue factory 1st XI"

You could have it so much better with  :ph34r: that man :ph34r:

Went to Wake Forest v Ottawa Fury game tonight (Finished 2-1 Fury) and lo and behold a Watford fan was there. Quite surprised I must say to see one in North Carolina.  Below is a picture of the guy(Taken in stands) before I went over and talked with him for a bit.

IMG_7228.thumb.jpg.53f9fa44b78b5d9283365

Anyway, pretty interesting conversation I must say. Talked about this game Friday and what we both thought might happen. I told him the Rams just need to come together in this one and get the win and I felt we could, and also he asked about Martin and Thorne and did I think they would be available. I told him, tbh I have no darn clue if they will, but I sincerely hope so. Discussed some other aspects of the game and the league in general. All in all, good conversation.

Anyhoo, ready to sit back and relax Friday with a good brew and cheer the Rams on as per usual. :D

IMG_7228.thumb.jpg.de382778a46d4dc47e2c5

My money is on a midfield three of Thorne, Hughes and Ince. Ince looked good against wolves behind the front man in a more central role. Will be more likely if Martin starts on bench. Russell and Ward (impressive against Finland) on wings.  This makes us more attacking, with the added cover of Thorne behind. This would be a really attacking/go for it formation. I guess that Martin will get 25 mins against Watford if all goes well and then start against Wigan. 

Win7-2 

Fully expecting us to keep the same 11 and formation that we played against wolves because stupid defensive mistakes aside we actually played well in my opinion and martin and Thorne might not be quite ready. 

He may bring both in as everyones been calling for it but i'm not too sure he will. Even if Thorne comes back I'd still like us to go 4 2 3 1. I thought it worked really well against wolves tbh.

I know theres a bit of a bug on the website atm and so i'm not sure if my post earlier on went through so incase I'll try again. I said I think he will keep it the same earlier but over the course of the day I think he will bring thorne in. So my starting 11-

Grant

Chrisite, Keogh, Albentosa, Forsyth

Thorne   Hughes

Ince,            Lingard,           Russell

Bent

Bench: Roos, Shotton, Hendrick, Bryson, Ward, Dawkins, Martin

Keep the 4 2 3 1. The interchanging of lingard, rusell and ince against wolves worked really well and hopefully with a little more confidence i'm sure goals will start flowing with this tactic soon.

Must say am confident for this one.I have faith the Rams can go out and get the result we need.

Martin and Thorne back and Hendrick is a big boost for team morale I would imagine.

Season is winding down and I must say I have enjoyed it immensely my first season on the forum(Moaning has waned that a bit but still enjoyed) and cheers gents and ladies.

I hope tomorrow is beginning of a great run in and this season can be a special one.

Buying beer here in a bit for this one and ready to cheer on the Rams tomorrow as loudly as possible.

COYR!:D

Archived