Referees

Sith Happens

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree it should have been a goal or a sending off, there is no disputing that.

all I am saying is that just as the second half started they showed the incident from behind the goal and as the cameras moved back to the pitch the pundits started talking about it being an accidental clash and that the ref had done the right thing, now they had seen the new angle.

PistoldPete2

I agree it should have been a goal or a sending off, there is no disputing that.

all I am saying is that just as the second half started they showed the incident from behind the goal and as the cameras moved back to the pitch the pundits started talking about it being an accidental clash and that the ref had done the right thing, now they had seen the new angle.

Little-known-fact-time.

Keith Stroud used to be cabin crew at easyJet. How do I know this ? I used to work for them too, and met him on a number of occasions in LGW . 

Actually a pretty nice chap. He used to have a pic of him showing Drogba a yellow card on the front of his crew manual . And Stroud isn't a tall man !

i just wish the little sod had stayed pushing his trolley and chucking nuts instead of blowing a bloody whistle :( 

​I don't get how he made that mistake at all. He saw that it was craig dawson, he then clearly blew the whistle and saw McCauly make his challenge after that. It beggars belief, its time to make a change with the system I think. Referees should have to come out at the end of games to explain their decisions or at least apologise when they get something horribly wrong like that.

The fourth official should also get a monitor so if a referee does make a wrong decision like that, they should be able to say through their ear pieces you are sending the wrong guy off. 

​I don't get how he made that mistake at all. He saw that it was craig dawson, he then clearly blew the whistle and saw McCauly make his challenge after that. It beggars belief, its time to make a change with the system I think. Referees should have to come out at the end of games to explain their decisions or at least apologise when they get something horribly wrong like that.

The fourth official should also get a monitor so if a referee does make a wrong decision like that, they should be able to say through their ear pieces you are sending the wrong guy off. 

I agree with Pulis on this one, I wouldn't like stop start all the time as in rugby and cricket, but I do think that the managers should be allowed two reviews per game, to correct an important game changing decision. They would have to signal this when the ball next went out of play, so as not to disrupt the game too much. Up to four reviews per game shouldn't caused to much disruption, especially when you consider the potential to right an obvious wrong.

Also, referees have got to be instructed to pause for two or three seconds before giving free kicks, to see how play develops. Twice early on against Boro, play was brought back when we were in good attacking situations.

Archived