Wolverhampton Wanderers v Derby County

Chris Mills

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last time  i (we ?) went to their place we played them off the park and only managed to nick a point right at the end courtesy of Theo Robinson, that was one of the best Derby performances i'd seen live since i started going regularly.

2 and a bit years down the line and i've watched a young team blossom to become a dynamic, entertaining team that makes me so proud to be a Derby fan right now. Yes, the past few weeks have been tough but that's what makes football so great, it keeps drawing us back in even when it's not going your way. So how about all 2700 of us in attendance get behind the boys and whatever will be, will be. 

3-1 DCFC, let's have it. 

P.S Where's everyone boozing ? 

If Bent is fit he starts and Johnny goes back wide with Ince if not then, Dawkins to start  we are struggling to retain possession and Dawks style makes us play this way.Hopefully you can all see now what Mac has said in the past that Dawkins allows others to play by his ball retention.

Ward has said himself that coming back from injury it takes time to find the form of earlier and even you do not find it in the same season unfortunately we do not have the time to play him till he does.

Albentossa definitely stays in the team can see why he was so sought after reads the game well,wins his headers,cannot be bullied and looks to play forwards into midfield, will be great once George is back but right now been made to go long because of  personnel.

Bryson stays in had a decent game tuesday and despite his struggles Christie only because we have to be positive to have a chance of staying near the top.

Win this one and we will see where we are come Saturday night things may look a lot better.....or!

Well there's a solar eclipse on Friday, but will we see the darkening of our season?  

A win certainly, in my humble opinion, gives us a chance of rejoining the race for the automatics, but with anything less and it's certainly good night! 

Winning allows us to keep an eye out on what is going on above come Saturday afternoon, with Norwich facing Forest, Watford playing Ipswich and Bournemouth against Boro. With a pretty good chance of Boro losing, it could see us go back to being only within a win off the top 2, and with Watford after the break... I know it's ifs and buts, but that is where we're at. It was in our hands and we didn't seize initiative.

I can see Mac throwing in Thorne and Bent, at this stage in the season you have to take risks. As Ambitious stated, we go more in hope than expection. Cardiff away seems months ago, and we're usually on the end of a tonking down at the Mol (I don't think we've won there since our promotion season, 2006, I think Howard scored his first Derby goal and Big Bob Malcom had a blinder, and ex England striker Jay Bothroyd missed a penalty....)

To the fellow fans following the boys to the Black Country, keep the faith, get behind the boys and enjoy yourselfs.. It's not over until it's over.

Come on you Rams :-)

I would be tempted to put Will Hughes in the holding role with Jeff and Craig in the middle. We need someone in there who can take the possession of the back four and turn. I fear though that we won't be looking at a win here. Wolves will see this as a chance to put a dying team to the sword and get within two points of us. 

The other option is to give Russell some support up there which he simply don't has. 

Hope Bent makes it though and it's probably worth the risk even if he is half fit.

Grant, Christie, Forysth, Albentosa, Keogh, Warnock, Hughes, Hendrick, Russell, Lingard, Dawkins.

Dawkins has to start, and I've picked Lingard over Ince just to freshen it up a little. Hanson is young, and three big games in a week is a big ask for him. I'd back Warnock to put in a good performance.

Well there's a solar eclipse on Friday, but will we see the darkening of our season?  

A win certainly, in my humble opinion, gives us a chance of rejoining the race for the automatics, but with anything less and it's certainly good night! 

Winning allows us to keep an eye out on what is going on above come Saturday afternoon, with Norwich facing Forest, Watford playing Ipswich and Bournemouth against Boro. With a pretty good chance of Boro losing, it could see us go back to being only within a win off the top 2, and with Watford after the break... I know it's ifs and buts, but that is where we're at. It was in our hands and we didn't seize initiative.

I can see Mac throwing in Thorne and Bent, at this stage in the season you have to take risks. As Ambitious stated, we go more in hope than expection. Cardiff away seems months ago, and we're usually on the end of a tonking down at the Mol (I don't think we've won there since our promotion season, 2006, I think Howard scored his first Derby goal and Big Bob Malcom had a blinder, and ex England striker Jay Bothroyd missed a penalty....)

To the fellow fans following the boys to the Black Country, keep the faith, get behind the boys and enjoy yourselfs.. It's not over until it's over.

Come on you Rams :-)

We need to do something to turn this slump around and like everyone including McClaren by the looks of it is stumped to work out what that is. Surely we wont start with Russell at centre forward because its clearly not working and I really don't think we can afford to go 7 games without a win. So here is what I hope will be the line up rather than actually predict.

Grant

Shotton, Keogh, Albentosa, Forsyth

Hughes Hanson

Lingard          Dawkins                Russell

Thomas

I think we should try a 4 2 3 1 instead of just having the one person sitting in, have two with Dawkins supporting Thomas as best he can. I have gone with Thomas just for the fact he is actually a striker as its just not been working with Russell up top. It would also mean we would hopefully get the impact of Russell as a winger back. We may as well try it in my eyes. Worst case scenario it doesnt work, we lose and we fufill most peoples expectations anyway by the looks of it.

If we play the same players in the same formation, lumping balls up to Russell and hoping that somehow he has grown 2 foot then we will get nowt from Friday. If we play the same way (which I predict we will) then Wolves will be right up for it, they will want to catch the top 6 and blow us away and it will be 3-0 at half time. it will end up 3-0 or we may scrape a goal to make it 3-1. no idea where that goal is coming from though. 

Aberdeenshire Rams are watching this with a couple of Wolves fans in the The Adam Lounge & Hawthorn Bar in Aberdeen. Any Rams fans in the area fancy joining us, then come along to cheer on the mighty rams and enjoy a few pints and some good chat.

The Adam Lounge & Hawthorn Bar

145 Holburn Street
Aberdeen AB10 6BN

http://www.matchpint.co.uk/view-hawthorn-bar-adam-lounge-2629

*http://i61.tinypic.com/zkn7ns.jpg[/img]

Archived