Derby County v Middlesbrough

-JW-

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard through a customer who works for the police that they're  expecting trouble from the boro lot.

apparently our lot did some damage at their place and they want revenge.

this stuff normally happens away from the ground mind you, so just keep yer eyes peeled.

I've managed to see quite a bit of Boro this season, they're a good team with an excellent system. Although, I would say they're somewhat predictable - not that it matters too much. 

Boro have a great back five at this level, so they tend to sit back and hit teams on the counter. I didn't watch the Ipswich, Boro game but I wasn't surprised to see Ipswich have more possession. I wasn't even that surprised to see Boro scored every shot they had on target. 

Against Boro, I think we need to be at our very best going forward to create enough chances to win the game - we can't expect Dimi to throw the ball into his own net. 

I don't know what our team is going to be, I don't even know how we'll approach this game after Saturday... But, I'm just praying to the love of god we can put in a performance like we did against Bolton. 

Who gives a **** what they think. They are the most tinpot club in the Championship - can't even half fill their ground in a promotion push - pathetic. I hope we give them a ******* beating tomorrow night and snap that floppy haired red dog ponce Bamford in half in the process.

Who gives a **** what they think. They are the most tinpot club in the Championship - can't even half fill their ground in a promotion push - pathetic. I hope we give them a ******* beating tomorrow night and snap that floppy haired red dog ponce Bamford in half in the process.

Hey Derby fans, Boro fan in peace my first point was going to be to say we filled our allocation out for the derby away tickets for tuesdays game around 2,500 you gave us in total, i believe im myself am at uni in derby so will be going to the game pretty sure from what derby fans tell me theirs about 2k of tickets left for the derby end so very big crowd impressive for a tuesday. Id expect derby to be pretty confident before the game getting a point against norwich to keep you in that race for the top 2 espeically away from home, boro dispatching Ipswich made it likely the top 5 now will stay the top 5 until the end of the season baring any collapses. I was their at the riverside the last time we met ive got tbh, i though derby had a bad day at the office n also got out mastered tactically by karanka id expect uve learnt your lessons from last time i think well set out to play the same way again and see if you have learnt anything. Anyway should be exciting the last 9 games of the season goodluck to derby i want a boro n derby top 2, whats your predictions of who will be in your top 6 (what order) and will mclaren learn from last time out?.  

Thinking about this we really need Hendrick & Hughes to step up to the mark. Hendrick in particular seems to take part in matches rather than accepting responsibility to inspire and drive matches. I hope Mac tells him of his responsibility. Young Hanson is going to need a massive help. I realise Jeff is still young but he is a full international and now an experienced player. He has to dominate and not hide. 

Hanson has to demand the ball from the centre backs. Albentosa had to carry the ball out and then play intelligent balls into midfield or the front three. 

All of of the above is a big big ask imo. Hopefully we can do it.

come on you raaaaaams!

Derby

• Derby have won five of their last seven home games in all competitions, drawing one and losing one. Their only home defeat since mid-January was 2-1 against Reading in FA Cup on 14 February.

Middlesbrough

• Middlesbrough have lost three of their last four away games in all competitions, drawing the other. Their last win on the road was 2-1 at Blackpool in the Championship on 10 February

From BBC sport. What's everyone so worried about :ph34r:

Archived