Jeremy Clarkson suspended by BBC

CumbrianRam

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many of us would keep our jobs if we punched a colleague at work?

If he punched a producer then he should be sacked.

Hardly a problem for old Clarkson though, as there are plenty of other Entertainment companies willing to pay him a huge sum of money to say/do formulaic & tedious "outrageous" things

It's not a PC thing with me and Top Gear. You should be allowed to provoke and offend in the entertainment business, providing you've got a point behind it. They're never serious anyway. Everything Jeremy Clarkson says is provocative and when he does a serious piece, he's clearly not an anti-environmentalist, so I have no idea why some people are hell-bent on taking him seriously all the time.

It's just the fact it's the same thing every week. The main reason I don't like Top Gear is that I'm in to cars. On the rare occasion they do anything with a car, they just shred its tires on a track - hardly relevant for a road car, is it?

Then it's the 2903483 races they do between a machine and something that isn't a machine which "really is close this week, trust us".

I don't know how people can be excited by exactly the same format week in, week out.

How many of us would keep our jobs if we punched a colleague at work?

If he punched a producer then he should be sacked.

Hardly a problem for old Clarkson though, as there are plenty of other Entertainment companies willing to pay him a huge sum of money to say/do formulaic & tedious "outrageous" things

It would be interesting if he is falsely accused of punching a producer.

Given the way TV shows work, I guess the two of them don't spend lots of time alone in a room - most of their interaction would be in front of the crew.

If it did happen in private, and only two of them were there, then it does seem a big call to suspend him without witnesses. Unless the producer has a massive shiner and Clarkson has a broken fist!

Nonetheless I didn't mention his suspension - I merely said that if he DID punch him, he should be sacked. Nothing about the accusations/suspension.

It's not a PC thing with me and Top Gear. You should be allowed to provoke and offend in the entertainment business, providing you've got a point behind it. They're never serious anyway. Everything Jeremy Clarkson says is provocative and when he does a serious piece, he's clearly not an anti-environmentalist, so I have no idea why some people are hell-bent on taking him seriously all the time.

It's just the fact it's the same thing every week. The main reason I don't like Top Gear is that I'm in to cars. On the rare occasion they do anything with a car, they just shred its tires on a track - hardly relevant for a road car, is it?

Then it's the 2903483 races they do between a machine and something that isn't a machine which "really is close this week, trust us".

I don't know how people can be excited by exactly the same format week in, week out.

I'm all for Top Gear, in a balanced world you need 3 blokes who frankly don't give a dam unless it burns petrol and does really quickly.

Its Marmite, love it or turn over.  £18m profit from last year says a lot about the programme and the fact that so many countries buy it.  Its tired and dated and goes againest this force fed PC BS we have to live with, sometimes you need a little irreverance.

It is total car crash TV....ironically enough.

I would think that the average viewer is a 14 year old, spotty boy sat in his room all evening on the internet with a constant erection.......(Daveo)

As many have said.... go into work today and punch your co worker in the face and see where that lands you.....the BBC will bow down to him again, cover it all up and put the div back on TV, money talks and Top Gear makes them some serious money....and lets face it, it isn't going to be the worst thing that the BBC has covered up over the years is it?

Used to love it, the time I spent messing around with Ford RS's, GSI's and french hatchbacks before I realised it's one big money pit... Just got a 5 GTT now, completely standard to look at inside and out but  fully forged and running well. 

Im banging on again, you into your cars? 

It is total car crash TV....ironically enough.

I would think that the average viewer is a 14 year old, spotty boy sat in his room all evening on the internet with a constant erection.......(Daveo)

As many have said.... go into work today and punch your co worker in the face and see where that lands you.....the BBC will bow down to him again, cover it all up and put the div back on TV, money talks and Top Gear makes them some serious money....and lets face it, it isn't going to be the worst thing that the BBC has covered up over the years is it?

​That is a matter of opinon about how good Top Gear is.... personally i don't get turned on by middle aged men getting excited as they do doughnuts in the latest supercar....but each to their own i guess...

As for Clarkson being brilliant..... seriously....he has said some pretty awful things over the years, some very racist and very sexist things...... he is a caveman who evidently thinks it is ok to punch a co worker in the face over food.... so, no, not very "brilliant" at all i am afraid.

Archived