Derby County v Birmingham City

-JW-

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would never have happened if a certain Dave Mackay had been playing for he would have never have let the last ten minutes of sitting off it happen.

Basically it comes down to having someone with the personality to demand the tempo stays up and the respect for it to be answered we have a few of these unfortunately not one was on the pitch.

Eustace,Thorne,Martin and Hughes to a lesser extent think Warnock would be another if he had been here longer.

I remember Derby scoring two late goals in injury time at home many years ago, i cannot remember who it was against but is very rare.  One question I saw Tom Ince chasing back there player into the box  for the penalty but where was our right back?  Hope Martin and Thorne are fit for next week and we will be  ok.

Love the roar at the end!

I think the most depressing thing about the match were Hendrick and Bryson's performances. Again. Almost as poor as their ghosting against Forest.

Those two are absolute rascals sometimes. It's getting more and more unbearable - they just don't seem to play as if they've got any kind of experience. It's bordering on unforgivable knowing what they can do.

Bryson. I barely remember him doing anything. He came on for 19 year old - he should be calming things down, talking to players, wanting the ball. Making a point to his team-mates about doing the basics right. He's meant to be coming on as the senior player ffs!

I don't know what Hendrick was doing. Probably wondering where pre drinks were gonna be after the match. He was playing very well up to that point, then he remembered he's supposed to be useless when playing with Bryson and without Thorne or Eustace behind him.

Those two have over 500 career appearances between them, and yet both of them seem to rely on others doing their jobs well to perform. Hendrick only really looks like the player we know he could be when playing with Thorne and Hughes - both of whom are younger than him and don't have as many appearances between them.

Jeff. Craig. You're grown men now. Adults. You both play in a key position. Seeing out a game at home against a mid-table side who hadn't registered a shot on goal before you started playing together - it doesn't get much easier than that. As the central midfielders, it's your job to help orchestrate those final few minutes. Prove to us you can do it without Uncle George or Uncle Will before the end of the season, please! On the evidence so far, we'd be relegated if we played you two together.

​I can't agree with that. Bryson was given a more advanced role after coming on and Hendrick had a very solid game. He perhaps could have showed a bit more but he was class on the ball throughout the game. 

Mascarell was obviously the pick of the bunch on the day, but the midfield dominance wasn't just down to him. Hendrick played a big part, Hughes as well. Bryson just didn't get into the game too much.

I heard SM's interview on the way home, and he said he was angry. Well him and me both. It's a while since I have been this angry. The only time other than today that I have hurled my programme in the bin on the way out was when we conceded a last minute goal after being ahead - and it was scored by John Aldridge. That dates it. Not Forest this season, not Wembley last year, or in 1994. Today, for some reason, I'm seething.

​I keep saying this. If Christie our RB actually played at RB for the last 5 mins of a match he would have saved us at least 3 points most likely even more. In all honesty he is no better going forward anymore keeps cutting inside or checking his run every single time.

PistoldPete2

Why didn't he let the ball run out for a goal kick rather than picking it up? Wastes another 30 seconds... He boots it up, they get possession... And the attack for the 2nd starts. Picky, I know, but we need to do things like this, other teams do. 

Shotton at RB seems to solidify the rest of the defence, IMO. If you can't score goals, you need to make sure you don't concede them. The only time he's looked shaky was away at Forest - had a mare against Antonio. Sure we lose Christie's pace down that side, but this seems negated by the fact that Christie is looking so low in confidence going forward. And Shotton's long throws give us a different weapon.

Archived