Derby County v Birmingham City

-JW-

• Never a penalty for 1st.

•Never a free kick for 2nd.

•Mascarell very good today(were brum booing him in 1st half thinking he was Shotton?).

•Great play by Keogh leading to 2nd goal.

•**** happens, ref was unbelievable today, expect to see him full time in the Prem before seasons end.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe our back four aren't good enough for the PL. 

SO WHAT!!!! WE ARENT IN THE PL! So it's a non entity to think that way.

Lets us sort the championship first. In two  seasons we've finished 3rd and are  currently joint top!!! 

Do  these defence experts on here have any idea where DCFC have been in the last 15 years.

you almost sound like like career doleites. Expect everything for nothing, and they want it now, almost a civil right.

ridiculous.

Keogh fully justified in having a go at someone in the West Stand today .. the abuse he takes is disgusting .. ok , he makes a mistake every so often , but he gives 100% every game , and his tackling and distribution are 99% ok ..

THE CHRIS MARTIN FACTOR .. you can point to defensive errors , injuries to Eustace , to Thorne , all factors in the problems we've had recently , but there's REALLY only ONE reason that goes to the root of all the points lost since Martin was injured , and that's the FACT that our 'system' is finely tuned in to the options that Chris Martin gives us , options that make us (a) .. a more potent attacking force , ( b ) .. give  us a 'fluency' and propulsion in midfield , meaning that we keep the ball for longer , have more possession , and ( c ) his presence and hold-up play mean that the defence have less work to do , have less pressure put on them , as well as benefitting from his direct defensive assistance at corners given against us .. 

Take that away and what we lose is about 20% of our threat as a team .. Darren Bent or whoever else at the club plays in his place at centre forward .. WE DO NOT HAVE AN EFFECTIVE PLAN 'B' .. ! 

And THAT IS , like it or not , our Achilles heel , and why we are not now about 6 points clear at the top .. ! 

When he's back , if fully fit  ( and if in time to make a difference ) the wonderful , intuitive understanding that he has with Will Hughes should take us through to automatic promotion .. if not , then I fear , even for our chance of the play-offs .. ! 

Ref omg what a awful he was today... NEVER ******* PENALTY OR FREE KICK FFS FK OFF REF GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Gary Rowett- DO ONE.

Today performance for us was very good apart of the ref and don't really remembered Brum had a shots until the end....

ALBENTOSA MUST STAY IN THE TEAM FOR REST OF THE SEASON HE'S CLASS

I'm as disappointed as everyone else after the Brum result but.... we've taken 1 point from 9 and still joint top whereas we could, had results gone against us be much worse off, Boro losing twice etc..

Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool etc spend multi millions and still lose games... we're doing OK keep the faith..... the team needs our support UTR 

I noticed lots of people leaving with 5 minutes to go thinking it was all over (it is now).

I was wondering how many of them are wandering around Derby thinking we won 2-0 and are 2 points clear at the top of the league. They probably still think we're going to finish in the automatic places when obviously we'll be lucky to even get in the play-offs.

Please, if you meet them, break it to them gently.

Having seen that last goal again there are so many fouls in there the goal should never have stood. Randolph jumping into Keogh and Albentosa, high foot by Wes Thomas on Christie and then 3 players climbing on Dawkins. A freak goal and freak result just typical we are on the end of it.

Obviously the manner in which the result came about leaves a sour taste - it's inexcusable to throw away a two-goal lead in stoppage time, even more so for a promotion-chasing side at home - but this is another lesson for us to learn.

The 2nd was a fluke it hit Donaldson on the shoulder and went in. You will never get a game like this it is a total freak. Put it down as 'one of those' and move on. Ref decisions have a tendency of balancing themselves out as well. 

No point fretting about this game can't change the result may as well focus on getting a result at Norwich.

​But this is a lesson that should have been learnt after the home game against Norwich in December Jourdan, that game was in the bag until virtually the last minute and we blew it.

I know I've got the hump but I can't stop myself thinking we shouldn't have even been playing Birmingham yesterday, we should have been up in Bradford taking them on for a semi final appearance, that Reading result still annoys me, they are toss and we should have dealt with them an' all.

Something ain't right and it's time McClaren got to the bottom of it. 

I remember Derby scoring two late goals in injury time at home many years ago, i cannot remember who it was against but is very rare.  One question I saw Tom Ince chasing back there player into the box  for the penalty but where was our right back?  Hope Martin and Thorne are fit for next week and we will be  ok.

Archived