What will happen when Martin is fit again?

Sexydadbod

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So pleased that Bent has silenced his critics. Around 11 goals for a player who has hardly played this season, unbelievable return.

Unfortunately for Martin I think he has to come back on the bench for now and be prepared to make an impact from the bench.

I also want to see the two play together but with Ince and Lingard playing so well that probably won't be happening any time soon.

So pleased that Bent has silenced his critics. Around 11 goals for a player who has hardly played this season, unbelievable return.

Unfortunately for Martin I think he has to come back on the bench for now and be prepared to make an impact from the bench.

I also want to see the two play together but with Ince and Lingard playing so well that probably won't be happening any time soon.

We miss Martin as an attacking anchor. McClaren wants them both together. 

If you have to pick one to start with then I'd pick Martin. He suits the system and we always look to hit that pass to his feet. Now it's down to midfielders and wingers to come in and take it on. 

It restricts our passing options by 1 player. 

Bent is excellent at drawing a CB away from the full back and then he screams for the ball to go into the gap. Only nobody often sees it. 

I can see us going back to Martin and Bent still getting plenty of game time. He's shown enough that if it's financially possible we will use them both next season. 

By the time Martin comes back they'll be about 11 games left

One of the few things Ramage said that made sense was Thorne having the ability to pick Bent out when he makes those runs. Even though Bent has a brilliant goal record so far, I feel we could get even more out of him. You can see though why McClaren would want to play Martin and Bent together and I think we have missed Martin, him being the focal point of so many things we do.

I think he would come back in as we are a stronger team all round with Martin. But either way I don't think you could seriously question if McClaren stuck with Bent. Still, exciting prospect!!

Archived