Ince no

Lingard yes.....on loan

Bent probably not

Mascarell.....probably yes

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this a joke? 

Who gives a sausage about keeping to a formation when the new one provides six goals in six!???

Yeah, cracking return in the championship.

However, wouldn't change the system to fit him in if we were to get into the premiership. I think he's great for the short term, but not long term. The system we play now has been instrumental to the type of football we've been playing since Mac and co came in. Darren Bent has flourished in the chasing the game part of our strategy. I only listened on the radio last night, but he seemed to be anonymous until the 3 subs came on at 60 minutes.

Darren Bent is pure luxury in this league.

I'd rather us sign Rickie Lambert for 1 season. Better hold up player, better at passing, can even score a few screamers from outside the area.

Would also like to see Chris Martin get a fair whack at the top league.

I imagine if we get promoted, there will be a lot of googling/youtubing/championship managering. 

Our scouting network now stretches slightly further than Ross County under 18s vs The 3rd oil rig off the coast of Shetland FC under 12s (Riggers are big lads).

Lots of foreign players we haven't heard of, with the odd top quality loan. 

I imagine if we get promoted, there will be a lot of googling/youtubing/championship managering. 

Our scouting network now stretches slightly further than Ross County under 18s vs The 3rd oil rig off the coast of Shetland FC under 12s (Riggers are big lads).

Lots of foreign players we haven't heard of, with the odd top quality loan. 

Bet it has already been done. Evans will already have a long list lined up.

Ince and Bent if we go up would be so so good, they're two of our best signings for years, in fact I think they're the best loan signings ever made in this league.

I'd like to take Mascarell on, he's only going to get better.

Lingard is a difficult one, listening to his interviews he sounds like he really wants to break through at United.

This is an easy one, we want all of them - but only if we go up, deff Ince and Bent (but we will have to be promoted

to stand a chance of getting either)  Mascarell yes, he just had one bad game yesterday but is rapidly improving and

will continue to do so, can't see Eustace playing next season (perhaps stay on and coach Masc and Georgie for a year)

Lingard, has his heart set on playing for Man U, so unless they say he is open to offers can't see us doing anything here

if he is for sale then we stand a good chance of getting him.

We could buy players if we go up, better the ones you know already fit in the team, than taking a risk IMHO...

I can't see Ince wanting to sign for us if we go up. Wasn't it summer 2013 when he was looking for a big deal to Inter amongst others & held out so long. he was basically stuck with going to Palace and hated it.

I think he's playing out of his skin at the moment (no complaints from me there) to put himself back in the shop window for a potential big pay day in the summer.

I would love him to stay based on current form but his history suggests that he's looking to play on a bigger stage.

I can imagine of we went up

Ince- yes, we'll be clamouring to sign him if this form continues

Bent- yes, will be a formality

Lingard- no, but I do like him

Mascarell'- no, he really belongs in the Spanish leagues

WISDOM- yes, while we're talking of signing loanees, I can definitely see us going back in for him if we go up. I reckon it could be right between us and WBA, although I'm not sure if he's starting for them under Pulis.

I can't see Ince wanting to sign for us if we go up. Wasn't it summer 2013 when he was looking for a big deal to Inter amongst others & held out so long. he was basically stuck with going to Palace and hated it.

I think he's playing out of his skin at the moment (no complaints from me there) to put himself back in the shop window for a potential big pay day in the summer.

I would love him to stay based on current form but his history suggests that he's looking to play on a bigger stage.

He's looking to play in the prem, and was happy to choose Hull over Inter to do it. If we're in the prem, he's enjoyed his time with us, and we can meet Hulls and his terms, then he'll be happy to stay with us.

Yeah, cracking return in the championship.

However, wouldn't change the system to fit him in if we were to get into the premiership. I think he's great for the short term, but not long term. The system we play now has been instrumental to the type of football we've been playing since Mac and co came in. Darren Bent has flourished in the chasing the game part of our strategy. I only listened on the radio last night, but he seemed to be anonymous until the 3 subs came on at 60 minutes.

Darren Bent is pure luxury in this league.

I'd rather us sign Rickie Lambert for 1 season. Better hold up player, better at passing, can even score a few screamers from outside the area.

Would also like to see Chris Martin get a fair whack at the top league.

But that is probably the Dawkins effect. I didn't see it myself, but it sounds fairly obvious to everyone that Bent was able to e a lot more involved when Dawkins was holding the ball up for him.

He's not exactly the same player as Martin, which is fine, it gives us a range of options. It doesn't take a wholesale change in tactics to exploit those options, just a few tweaks, and we have the squad to use those tweaks.

Ward works better with Martin, Bent works better with Dawkins, and they all work with great effect in the right situations.

Some good points on here lads.

I'd want all of them.

What we're seeing is our team functions best with the right combinations. So Martin is injured, but there is a huge collateral impact on Wards effectiveness so we don't just need a plan B for Martin but for Martin + Ward.

Don't ask don't get - think the contract signing of Lingard at United is more about them protecting their financial position rather than a statement of their intent for the lad. Unfortunately for him.

Archived