Ince, Bent, Lingard & Mascarell

Day

I have a feeling Ince will be this summer's Thorne. With Hull trying to hold out for more money and Ince wanting to be with us.

They have started to raise the price already:

Hull boss Steve Bruce insists Tom Ince will not be allowed to stay at Derby next season.

On Sky's Paper talk / The Sun.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why? If they've got no intent for him, then it means he's got more chance of getting the hell out of Manchester, and playing for a proper club, like us,

Merely because his interviews currently sound as though making it at Utd is his first choice. Only once/if he is reconciled to that not being a realistic option would we start to look attractive to him. ie the next best choice.

It may of course be that if we go up and if he is an instrumental part of that, then there could be a conversation that he might like to have as he could have a choice of regular versus infrequent game time.

Steve Bruce doesn't have the team to suit Ince. Just because he's doing well here it doesn't mean you can pick him up and expect him to carry on.

That's the Brendan Rodgers transfer tactic.

Don't look at the big picture. Just sit watching MotD while saying "I want that. I want that"

That's what Rodgers does. "Ooooh! He's a pretty player! I have it?!"

He's no use to Hull unless they change.

I think we'll get promoted so a few options will open up for us next season. Bent proven PL quality, Ince excellent potential not been able to realise that at Hull so both would be good additions for us. Lingard probably not available and Omar I remain unconvinced about. Although I think he's benefited from his time with us and the pace of our game I still think he loses possession too often and against PL attacks that will be very costly.

Interesting how in Steve's recent interview he mentions that Chris Evans and Sam Rush identified the targets - Lingard, Bent and Ince. 

I knew they were both pro-active with transfers, and I'm sure Steve helped but all this "Steve's contacts within the game are priceless etc etc" really does shun Chris Evans and Sam Rush's hardwork.

Well done gents, handwork certainly is paying off.

Lingard will almost certainly go back to Manure (at least if LvG is still there) - he's been sent out to regain fitness and confidence at a competitive level, not because they don't want him...

I think Omar could well play in the Hughes role - perhaps we'll look to bring him in if/when Will moves on in the summer :ph34r:

Ince is saying all of the right things, but we would only have a chance of signing him if we go up - he's reminding everyone of how effective he can be - if we're not in the Prem, someone will be in for him...

As far as Bent goes, if we get promoted, then we should certainly try to keep him - we've seen too many times that prolific Chamionship strikers can struggle at a higher level so if we can get a proven PL striker on a free, it's a no brainer - Martin may well score a shed-load, but he's relatively untested at that level - it would be a huge gamble to go into a PL season without someone up front who has proven themselves before

Ince for sure and would appear possible

Bent for sure but unlikely and very expensive

Lingard yes as well, but just a signed a new deal at Man U, does that mean he's not available or just that Utd are protecting their asset for a higher sale? Don't know, but they expect to move up a level next season to be challenging for PL title so maybe another year long loan might be on the cards

Omar, no thanks, he's had an extended run in the team and looks too lightweight for the English game. Can't cope with people pressuring him. He's average at Championship level, so I wouldn't fancy him at a higher level if we went up.

Archived