Ince, Bent, Lingard & Mascarell

Day

Oi, don't ruin my thread cos you only make crap ones!

ouch. Well perhaps if you hadn't bent over for codezero to sausage you up your sausage hole, my awesome "WOW, I'd forgotten about him" thread would still be here, in all it's glory, testament to my genius.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lingard- I don't think we have any chance of signing him tbh, he has just signed a new deal for United and when he talks you can hear that he really wants to make it there.

Bent- If we go up I think he will definitely sign. I don't think we can afford his wages otherwise and I think with his current scoring form a lower end prem team would almost certainly take a punt on him.

Ince- If Hull go down and we go up, yes I think we could get him, but I reckon if Hull stay in the prem no matter where we end up we would have a fight on our hands.

Mascarell- Can't see him ever breaking into the Real Madrid side. Out of all the loans he would be the most likely to sign even if we did stay down but again I think if we go up we wouldn't have much of a problem of getting him.

I personally would like us to sign all four, but what can i say, i'm a dreamer.

I would say Lingard is the least likely seeing as he just signed a new contract with United before coming to us and he did seem to be breaking into their first team before he was injured. 

If we get promoted we have as good a chance of signing Bent as anyone else seeing as he knows the set up at Derby and seems to be finding some form for us but if we don't go up I think there might be a few interested parties in the PL and that could mean we miss out.

Mascarell seems to have settled into life in the UK and is starting to look a bit more comfortable on the pitch, he could develop into a decent player for us.  I would think he would be unlikely to break into the Real Madrid first team so I feel this one is a possibility, maybe on another season long loan regardless of the division we find ourselves in.

Ince has started so much better than we could have hoped for and if he can keep this up then I reckon we would be extremely interested in keeping him here.  It doesn't seem to have worked out for him at Hull this season and could mean they would entertain the idea of selling him.

I think it all hinges on what division we are playing in next season, if we are in the PL Bent, Ince and Mascarell could be a real possibility but if we stay in the Championship I would say Mascarell and possibly Ince.  Lingard is probably not coming permanently either way.

ouch. Well perhaps if you hadn't bent over for codezero to sausage you up your sausage hole, my awesome "WOW, I'd forgotten about him" thread would still be here, in all it's glory, testament to my genius.

So would the embarrassing Derby fans will drive McClaren out thread would as well, swings and roundabouts :p

I don't see why we can't go for Lingard. He's much older than Ibe so their development paths are completely different. I think his situation is like Mascarell's - hype him up a bit by getting him involved in the first team, put him in the shop window by loaning him out, and combine that with the new "long-term" contract and they should get a decent transfer fee for him, probably more than he's worth. It's just how the big clubs generate a bit of extra revenue which would make the difference in when competing with other clubs for the signing proper first-team players. In any case, the contracts they signed before they came are a red herring - Real won't build their side around Omar and United won't be including Lingard too heavily in future plans. 

Bent and Ince are different again as they talk as if they're directly playing for a contract here - should we get promoted, though. I doubt either would sign if we don't go up.

July 2013 Adam Smith signed a new 3 year contract, having played 1 game for Spurs and numerous loans joined Derby on loan with Nigel Clough saying

"He has just signed a new three-year contract at Tottenham, which also shows that at 22, Spurs are still keeping him. They have still got hopes he will make their first team[, which is a good sign."

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-land-Tottenham-Hotspur-s-Adam-Smith/story-19582399-detail/story.html#ixzz3S6gcwpb1

January 2014 Smith signed for Bournemouth on a free, 3 year deal.

Lingard same age, played one game for United been out on loan 4 times

See what I'm thinking?

i am sounding like a broken record I know but ... 

Ince and Bent ... I'd snap your hand off for them tomorrow. If both are still performing, and we're in the top flight, all parties would be happy.

Lingard ...very possibly based on some positive showings thus far. Worth a punt, unlikely having just signed a new deal at United.

Mascarell ... never in a month of Sundays, I'll fly him back to Spain myself.

Not to disagree with your hair or lack thereof, but loads of players at this level have skillz. Doesn't make them good enough for United.

Get your coat, you haven't pulled we're off to get the Lingard deal done, can't be leaving this to Rush and Evens, bring the cheque book I'll bring the pen.

TobyWanKenobi

I'd love to keep Ince and Bent. Maybe Mascarell too as a squad player to compete with Thorne long ter, perhaps even work with him in a slightly different tactic in future.

Not seen enough of Lingard yet to for a full opinion to be honest.

As for if we can we get them? If you pay them, they will come.

All good players. There must be a possibility of signing all of them if we go up but it is all about money and willingness on the part of the players .. Who knows ! ( clearly there could be some departures as well )

Ince most exciting .. But how much ?

Bent most important in the short term and probably the most affordable .. High wages but little fee

Mascarell .. Could develop, has skill, useful ... Like him but not tripping over my laces. Might stay with fellow spaniard in the squad now.

Lindgard .. Hardest to call not seen enough .. Good potential to be a better version of Wardy. Would he come, would United sell, how much ????

Love threads like this .. Ince is a pleasure to watch.

How much money will Mac have to spend on new players if we go up and what will happen to wage bill ? In fact all round what are the club finances like ... Yes there has been investment .. But are we free of debt ? and are we moving towards a trading profit ? Meeting FFP doesn't really answer those questions.

Ince - Yes... Whatever the money... I'll help organise the whip-round

Bent - Yes please

Lingard - Haven't seen enough of him yet myself so TBC... However I'd prioritise Ince...

Mascarell - I just can't say Yes... He made another bad mistake which cost us a goal against Rotherham and He's just a bit too lightweight for that role... Thorne and then some kind of big muncher like Eustace...

Archived