Hendrick or Bryson?

Stripperg-ram

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now Hendrick, this time last year Bryson.

Although I don't think Hendrick has been great this season, you can see his potential and I think he'll go on to be a solid mid-low level PL player in the future. Bryson I think has reached his peak despite how good he was last season for us. Just hasn't been the same sort of player this year.

I'd play Hughes Mascarell and Thorne in the Prem if we had all three. 

Both Bryson and Hendrick are decent Champ players, never good enough for the Prem.

Close between who I prefer though, probably Hendrick at this moment in time but could easily be persuaded otherwise.

"Never" good enough for the Prem is an overstatement and a half, considering players much poorer than Hendrick and Bryson who've played at that level.

I can see why you'd write Bryson off now but Hendrick's got a good 10 years left in him. I don't exactly believe that just because a player's young they're bound to improve, but considering Hendrick's been playing at a mid/high Championship level since he was 18 and is a regular ROI international, I'll be surprised if he never plays PL football (particularly if we go up this season).

Hendrick's exactly the sort of powerful midfielder that fits into your generic 4-4-2 Premier League team, he'll get his chance.

Archived