Hendrick or Bryson?

Stripperg-ram

Both have struggled this season and I think they will lose out to Mascarell ( if he stays with us ) next season , with Thorne playing the holding role .. Hughes , Mascarell , Thorne a far more potent midfield than one with either Hendrick or Bryson ( or particularly both of them ) involved .. the second half of the Forest game still gives me nightmares , with the two of them looking like little lost boys , giving the ball to Forest players time after time !

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thats not what most people on this thread are saying....as i have said millions of times before, Bryson is jsut a bang average footballer, nothing special at all, definitely not good enough for the top division.

He is as good as he is ever going to be, Hendrick is imrpoving all the time and is already a far far better player anyway than Bryson.

yip hendrick is fair improving , funny how things change in this game

thats not what most people on this thread are saying....as i have said millions of times before, Bryson is jsut a bang average footballer, nothing special at all, definitely not good enough for the top division.

He is as good as he is ever going to be, Hendrick is imrpoving all the time and is already a far far better player anyway than Bryson.

Who cares what most people on here say, Mues? Reality is Bryson may be our best player over the past 2 years, BUT he's not been allowed to have a run in the side this year, AND I think he's a little unsettled by all the constant chopping and changing. His runs are incredible, as his his workrate and speed of passing. However, I think Hendrick is much better defensively, and may be a slightly better finisher. Both are really good but if you put Thorne behind the 2 attacking centre mids, then Bryson and Hughes makes for a premier league level central midfield. Hendrick is a solid back up to that.

Heard the guy behind me screaming "**** off Hendrick" about 20 times over and over again, and this was before he even made the mistake for their second goal. The guy next to him got really angry and told him to shut up and get behind the team cos it's doing no good slagging them off so much.

He wasn't in that seat last year... Just saying... :rolleyes: 

Get back in the woodwork matey.

Now george is back, bryson for me.....

I think having the confidence in someone like george to mop up in the DM role give bryson the chance to get forward.

If its Omar, not as strong DM then go for hendrick.

I don't think Bryson is very happy right now. At the final whistle last night he turned and headed straight off the pitch only stopping to shake hands with players that approached him as he walked off. Most of the players hung around for a couple of minutes shaking hands and a good few applauded the fans and were probably getting into the changing room as Craig was putting his shoes on.

To be fair he's signed a 5 year contract when he could quite easily have chosen Burnley and (possibly) had regular Premiership foos. Over the course of the season he's been getting less game time and compared to what he achieved last season there's not been a lot from him so far. I think he's just frustrated and at the end of the day he's human and can't always put the bravest face on when it comes to applauding the fans and being a circus act.

You can't blame it all on Bryson or the players or the management. That's the way football goes and he's just been out of contention. As I said, with Saint George back, I think we'll see more of Bryson's runs and clinical finishes because that's exactly how GT sets him up

Wouldn't say Hendrick has been poor. He's patchy. You get a donkey for 5 minutes and then a good midfielder for 5 minutes. 

Think Mac will always try to play Hendrick because he adds a bit of muscle to the midfield. With Thorne back maybe that's not so essential but he was the best player on the pitch last night. Scored, hit the bar, constant threat. Didn't really switch off at all. 

hes never been one for badge thumping or giving it large to the fans and yea ur right he will be far from happy but that's football,  hes playing with a right good team and will need to wait his turn , in his defence hendrick was probably poor previous 2 or 3 games before last night and bryso along with lingaard came on twice and changed the games , I would have thought if the manager wants to keep everyone happy then if someone comes on and does a good job he should start the next game , failing to do that could cause him problems and I will be very interested to see what happens when martin and Russell are both fit , they along with hughes have been derbys best 3 players this season but ive a feeling they will need to wait their turn too

I feel if we recieve the right bid either Hendrick or Bryson will go.

Bryson last season was quality but I think that Brum game where we changed our style of play effected him. Ever since we have been much more defensive etc. (Waiting for some one to give me the stats to prove otherwise)

Weird thing is thoe the times he has come on and effected the game is when we're going all out and taking out DM off!

Archived