Hendrick or Bryson?

Stripperg-ram

"Never" good enough for the Prem is an overstatement and a half, considering players much poorer than Hendrick and Bryson who've played at that level.

I can see why you'd write Bryson off now but Hendrick's got a good 10 years left in him. I don't exactly believe that just because a player's young they're bound to improve, but considering Hendrick's been playing at a mid/high Championship level since he was 18 and is a regular ROI international, I'll be surprised if he never plays PL football (particularly if we go up this season).

Hendrick's exactly the sort of powerful midfielder that fits into your generic 4-4-2 Premier League team, he'll get his chance.

Well both of them look like they will play Premier League football and of course much worse players have played Premier League football. 

My statement was implying they wont be effective/much good in the Premier League. 

I will conceed you could get away with having one of them in the team alongside the right sort of players. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just think the Bryson of last year was the best I've seen from either of those 2.

Maybe it was a freak season or an anomaly, but he was our best player (over the season).

I still think Bryson has, historically, offered more, but he's just become anonymous.

Hendrick, whom I also like, still could do with a good spell, lasting longer than 3-4 games

As I read this thread, I felt the cutting, slicing slashes that ValleyRam was making to his wrist veins.

Bryson, Omar Hendrick, Thorne, Hughes, and Eustace will all have a job to do for us this season, and are all good championship players. If we do get up we will look to replace Bryso and Eust. Until such time as George is really ready it has to be a midfield 3 including Jeff, but I look forward to a game where Will, Omar and George are pulling the strings in midfield.

I appreciate your backing DEL, but I am no midfielder. I am a bit slow, and cumbersome, and prone to mistakes. Perhaps I could be centre back?

Of course you can be centre back and legend as well.

i'd love to know whats up with bryson.

I wonder if schteve has tried to change his game and he is losing confidence.

Schteve made reference to the amount of running he did almost as if it was amusing and unnecessary.

He has also dropped him in favour of hendrick many times.

He was great last year but has now faded.

I think he'll end up moving on at the end of the season in search of something new.

Hendrick.

Bryson had one wonder season and has since slipped back into the averageness he has been his whole career.

Solid Championship player and one who stood out  in a team who struggled. Now we're at the top, he rightfully can't get in the team. I like the guy, love is down to earth approach but he's nothing more than a solid Championship midfielder.

Not enough of a football brain, and it's no coincidence that our midfield is far more balanced with Hughes and Hendrick than any other duo.

Let's not forget that Bryson is probably the highest paid player in the squad after his "summer talks" with Burnley..

I think both have been as bad as each other to be completely honest. When both play they seem to end up following each others shadows.

I think when Martin and Thorne are back in the side that Bryson will be selected and I believe that will be the better option of the 2.

I'd be tempted to persevere with Bryson because he has a much better shot on him than hendrick, but if he passes straight back to the bloke who's just passed to him one more time, then i might have have to march down to the pitch and smack his bare @rse.

Archived