Hendrick or Bryson?

Stripperg-ram

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bryson...

Hendrick gives us slightly more physical presence when we have the light-weight Hughes and Mascarell pairing... But once Thorne is back we have to bring Bryson back...

Hendrick is fine as a CM... But we need a midfielder who will support the striker more... Bryson makes runs in behind defences which Hendrick mostly doesn't... And his energy means he can support every attack and defensive move... Hendrick just doesn't cover the ground Bryson does which often leaves out CF a bit stranded...

Hendrick fot the moment, even though he seems to take ages to decide what he's going to do. 

I'd love to see us play with Hughes and Mascarell in front of Thorne when he's fully fit.  I think that would lead to some very good football.

I'd like to see Mascarell further upfield too. However I do think Hendrick and Bryson are more likely to chip in with goals.

What a great position to be in. Every team in the championship and nearly all in the lower half of the prem would love to have this difficult position.

I would like to see Bryson have an extended run, he has goals in him!

Hendrick.

Bryson had one wonder season and has since slipped back into the averageness he has been his whole career.

Solid Championship player and one who stood out  in a team who struggled. Now we're at the top, he rightfully can't get in the team. I like the guy, love is down to earth approach but he's nothing more than a solid Championship midfielder.

Not enough of a football brain, and it's no coincidence that our midfield is far more balanced with Hughes and Hendrick than any other duo.

I'd differ in saying Bryson has more of a footballing brain than Hendrick. Bryson was incredibly good at knowing when to arrive into the box and offer an extra option when the ball was outwide.

Hendrick is the better footballer, stronger too, but he sometimes goes into his little hole that he struggles to get out of.

As I thought when I watched the Bournemouth game, I'd go 3 or 4 minutes without seeing him on the ball. He hasn't been at the races for me since his horrific display against Forest, aside from Bolton and Chesterfield. 

It's obviously down to opinion, but as the attacking midfielder in the trio, he needs to offer more - a lot more.

I don't think there's much between Hendrick and Bryson; I'd say Bryson is brighter but Hendrick is the better player. 

I think Bryson offers more as an attacking force and linkup player especially with Martin.

I think Mac likes in Hendrick at the moment as we have a fairly lightweight midfield with Hughes and Mascarell and Mac feels Hendrick gives more in terms of solidity than Bryson. I think if Thorne had not got injured we would have seen a lot more of Bryson this season.  

stick to the skiing, there is no comparison bryso 100% fit is by far the better player

thats not what most people on this thread are saying....as i have said millions of times before, Bryson is jsut a bang average footballer, nothing special at all, definitely not good enough for the top division.

He is as good as he is ever going to be, Hendrick is imrpoving all the time and is already a far far better player anyway than Bryson.

I'll go with Hendrick too.

Good footballer who's only weakness is in his head. He's not the smartest most switched on player I've ever seen. Sometimes a statue. When he's awake he's pretty exciting. But he can fall asleep for entire games or just for periods of a game. You never know.

I like Hendrick though.

Bryson imo is an average Champ player who is slightly above that because he has the ability to be everywhere offering support. I think his level is knocking around a top end Champ team.

Have to say, watching him and Hendrick chase shadows every week before Will came and sorted it has always stuck with me. I know they were both held back by the quality around them but I still have doubts over them. I think they could both well leave us and never play consistently beyond the level they are at now. This is a team. And I think you could drop quite a few of our players into other teams and they'd look ordinary. I think it's all about the mixture of the bunch that makes them look better. And brilliant management.

I think you see in Mascarell a case where he's a better footballer than Bryson or Hendrick but it's taken him time to fit into the team.

You don't need the best players. You need the right players.

I think if we are promoted that Hendrick and Bryson will be replaced. That's a prediction though. Not an attack on them. I like both. So long as Hughes is the partner then I'm cool with either starting and still expect to finish top 2.

This Saturday ? Bryson

Thereafter ..... Hopefully Bryson for a couple of games ......need him playing well.

(I do like Hendrick, just feel Bryson's time to grab hold of position )

Archived