The best you've felt as a DCFC fan since?

Kernow

What a position we find ourselves in. I'm

20 so I don't remember the Jim Smith promotion although I was technically there for a couple games as a baby.

I was ecstatic to watch us in the PL but at 11/12 years old I didn't really track the day-in-day-out activities of the club.

I'd go as far to say this is the happiest and most confident I've felt about a DCFC squad probably in my life. We're in a great position and I really am very hopeful we can go the distance and will go in to the PL with a fantastic set up and our prospects of staying up would be incomparable to the 07-08 season.

I know there will be many on here who have experienced more successful PL times, and some experiencing the title winning and European cup days. But how long has it been since you've felt as happy or as excited to support DCFC.

Let the good times continue!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a position we find ourselves in. I'm

20 so I don't remember the Jim Smith promotion although I was technically there for a couple games as a baby.

I was ecstatic to watch us in the PL but at 11/12 years old I didn't really track the day-in-day-out activities of the club.

I'd go as far to say this is the happiest and most confident I've felt about a DCFC squad probably in my life. We're in a great position and I really am very hopeful we can go the distance and will go in to the PL with a fantastic set up and our prospects of staying up would be incomparable to the 07-08 season.

I know there will be many on here who have experienced more successful PL times, and some experiencing the title winning and European cup days. But how long has it been since you've felt as happy or as excited to support DCFC.

Let the good times continue!

And to think 18 to 24 months ago there were a lot of people who wanted our owners to f**k off back to America or wherever they came from...

And to thinkg 18 to 24 months ago there were a lot of people who wanted our owners to f**k off back to America or wherever they came from...

People looked at the success of teams with rich owners and were jealous. Obviously a lot more clubs over the past couple years have got the rich owner only to find out the management of a club is the key to success, although resources are of course very important too. Luckily for us we have a great balance of both

hate to say I told you so. ONE thing was holding this club back. That has now changed. Onwards and upwards.

Don't, you'll turn this into a you know who thread.

Nobody's answered my question yet. When did you last feel as good about DCFC?

hate to say I told you so. ONE thing was holding this club back. That has now changed. Onwards and upwards.

Well if you did say that you would be wrong.

This has been a rebuilding process in which a lot of people have played different parts.

Glick and Clough played as big a part as McClaren and Rush have done, if you can not see that I am afraid that you must have been blinded by hatred.

its mainly thanks to the hard work of Tom Glick and dare i say it Nigel Clough who turned the ship around over 4 years. they were the tough times and we knew one day it would pay its rewards and we only have to look at forest, blackburn, leeds, blackpool to know that what we did then with those two in charge was absolutely vital to how we feel right now.

Best I felt as a Rams Fan?

Watching them win the Watney cup against Man U

Beating Arsenal 5-0

Lifting the League Championship in 71-72

Winning the Texaco Cup.

Crowing over older mates in 72 who said that Clough's team weren't a patch on our 1946 FA Cupwinners.

Going 3-0 up against Benfica.

Cheering the Lads when they paraded the First Division Trophy To Derby Town Hall.

Realising that Steve McClaren was bringing the glory years back to Derby when they seemed gone forever!

No need.

Well if you did say that you would be wrong.

This has been a rebuilding process in which a lot of people have played different parts.

Glick and Clough played as big a part as McClaren and Rush have done, if you can not see that I am afraid that you must have been blinded by hatred.

I think I should've been a bit more clear, the next stage needed to be activated or we'd still be stagnant. The good feeling we are feeling now wouldn't have arrived without the upgrade.

This is best squad, by some way, we've had since being relegated in 2002 - well over a decade. 

So many good players, who play the right way. We could have countless injuries and still put a top Championship side out. We've got two genuine options in every position. In some cases, three. 

The balance will be interesting but as far as squad quality goes we run away with it. 

Felt pretty good after the play off semi last season, not quite at that point yet

Yeah, that was utterly brilliant, 1 nil down to 6-1 up, we're Derby County and we're going up. Hopefully this season will be even better.

The best of all time, because its the Brian Clough Era but WITH the support of Longson and the Board (brett, mel and co). Off field: a Chris Evans and Sam Rush in there, one scouting the planet for the best young talent and the other making every wish come true. On field: Brian Clough style play but with younger pedigreed players. And here we are in the formative years of the building of a dynasty. Plus, we have WILL HUGHES. Here is where I want to be.

Best ever.

Archived