The best you've felt as a DCFC fan since?

Kernow

Derby 1 - 1 Palace

Robbie van den Laan...!!!

Derby 2 - 1 Palace

(Though in fairness we still need to deliver on our potential from this season to even come close to that euphoria, right this minute we've just signed some decent players on loan, I'm trying not to get ahead of myself here!)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if you did say that you would be wrong.

This has been a rebuilding process in which a lot of people have played different parts.

Glick and Clough played as big a part as McClaren and Rush have done, if you can not see that I am afraid that you must have been blinded by hatred.

This!

+1

My happiest moment was probbaly beating Southampton on penalties and it absolutely lashing it down afterwards.

But the most appreciative, probably now. All the hard work we've done over the past five years has built up to this transfer window.

The past 18 months as a DCFC fan has been brilliant. The next six months has the potential to be even better.

Last season was pretty good, apart from playoff final.

Before that, I would have to say I felt the most confident during

BDs promotion year, I was convinced we could concede a goal or

two in the first half and 9 times out of 10 still win the match.

Bolton will be tough, but I now think we stand a 50/50 chance of winning,

its a pity we haven't got a fully fit Thorne,  and a few more weeks for  Ince and

Lingard to settle in but i'm looking forward to it so.....

I'm really pleased by the signings we have made, albeit four out of five are on loan.

But the hard work lies ahead.

The last 18 or so months have been brilliant to be a Derby fan; the next four months are possibly the most important for quite a few years.

So in answer to the OP: yesterday.

I really enjoyed the late 80's. Watching players like Saunders, Goddard, McMinn. Although we never ripped up any trees, I really enjoyed going to the BBG. Good times.

Obviously Jim smiths 1st season, winning promotion against Palace at the BBG, getting on the pitch at full time.

Although I really do think we are the best team in the league at the moment, something in the back of my mind keeps telling me it may all go tits up. Lots of teams very close. If we win promotion then Yes, this will rank alongside the previous 2 I mentioned.

:)

2007/08 around this time of the season, we were so far ahead it looked odds on for automatic promotion.we didn't have as good a squad as we have now, and nearly messed up on promotion. This squad does look far better on paper, but we also concede silly goals.

2007/08 around this time of the season, we were so far ahead it looked odds on for automatic promotion.we didn't have as good a squad as we have now, and nearly messed up on promotion. This squad does look far better on paper, but we also concede silly goals.

I meant 2006/07 the following season didn't happen.

And to think 18 to 24 months ago there were a lot of people who wanted our owners to f**k off back to America or wherever they came from...

To be fair they admitted they were "bored" at that time, and it's only since the introduction of Steve that has reignited their interest.

The biggest factor in our revival to me was glick going to Man City leading to the introduction of rush. He took a massive gamble when getting rid of clough, both on and off the pitch, and we haven't looked back since.

To be fair they admitted they were "bored" at that time, and it's only since the introduction of Steve that has reignited their interest.

The biggest factor in our revival to me was glick going to Man City leading to the introduction of rush. He took a massive gamble when getting rid of clough, both on and off the pitch, and we haven't looked back since.

And yet they still continued to cover

I really enjoyed the late 80's. Watching players like Saunders, Goddard, McMinn. Although we never ripped up any trees, I really enjoyed going to the BBG. Good times.

Obviously Jim smiths 1st season, winning promotion against Palace at the BBG, getting on the pitch at full time.

Although I really do think we are the best team in the league at the moment, something in the back of my mind keeps telling me it may all go tits up. Lots of teams very close. If we win promotion then Yes, this will rank alongside the previous 2 I mentioned.

Never ripped up any trees? You must be joking! Back then we were regularly mixing it with the best in the country. In the 89 season, if I remember correctly, we beat Man United at Old Trafford and Arsenal at Highbury (nearly running their title chances in the process)

Well, all this excitement has made a relatively old man very happy. There were great times in the early 70's when I used to follow the Rams to their away games in the North East and then again when we gained various promotions, but now with great backing from the owners and a totally committed CEO, we have a every chance to re-create the best times all over again. I do hope we can get Kevin Hector fit again before the season ends. What? Oh sorry, it's time for my medication.

Not felt this good since Maxwell fell of his......................nope, nope that's just an uncalled for cheap shot!

Maxwell's Last Flotation

Never ripped up any trees? You must be joking! Back then we were regularly mixing it with the best in the country. In the 89 season, if I remember correctly, we beat Man United at Old Trafford and Arsenal at Highbury (nearly running their title chances in the process)

Yes and i can also remember losing to port vale in the cup, Losing twice to Luton and Florest. Man utd wasn't all that back then. The only result that stood out was, like you said the Arsenal away. They beat us at home though.

One swallow doesn't make a summer, beating Arsenal Away was good, losing to Luton at home wasn't, we finished 15th that season & was relegated the next.

Archived