Cardiff City v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's an absolute armpit of a place to get away from after the game. We left the visitors car park at 5:15 and didn't even get back to the motorway before 6:15. Routed through a bloody industrial estate - and at the end of it you have to turn right onto a main road (no traffic lights) and constant streams of traffic both ways.

Still, 3 points is all that matters.

Can't quite understand the Dawkins hate. While he was on we had total control in midfield because he just never loses the ball.

It's all about having drinks and snacks in the car while most the traffic dies.

Well, depends how bad you hate traffic.

Fancy not starting Jones against us. They got 2-0 last time with about 25% of the ball by simply staring counter attacks by kicking at Jones.

They were so blunt in the first half I heard Buxton came off because he was cold

It's an absolute armpit of a place to get away from after the game. We left the visitors car park at 5:15 and didn't even get back to the motorway before 6:15. Routed through a bloody industrial estate - and at the end of it you have to turn right onto a main road (no traffic lights) and constant streams of traffic both ways.

Can't quite understand the Dawkins hate. While he was on we had total control in midfield because he just never loses the ball. 

Not sure how mobile you are Eddie. We parked closer to the motorway off Leckwith Road (about a mile from the ground) and so were able to join the traffic jam only a few minutes from the escape routes. However, I remember Reading and how frustrating that was - I feel your pain!

I just wonder how Cardiff fans could have got any enjoyment at all from that game and in comparison I guess we got off lightly!

It used to be a doodle to get away from the ground if you parked in the right place. If you parked on or in the ind estate by the Asda then you've had it. 

It always used to be the case that if you can park south or east of the south end of Sloper Rd and head out via the bay and Rover Way you will be on the Newport side of the A48 M in 15-20 mins. 

Any direction north, west or towards the city from the ground is hopeless. It could well have changed in the last couple of years. 

Good day out yesterday easy train ride bit stupid putting only 2 coaches from new st to Cardiff though.

No hassle walking around city with colours on ,great pie restaurant in centre , A few nice pubs ,1/2 hour walk to ground from station.

Great atmosphere from RAMS fans only noise from Cardiff was " Men of Harlech" belted out before the kick off but they only hummed and clapped didn`t seem to know any words (You`d think they would go to the trouble to learn them) when it was played at the start of second 1/2 No one bothered joining in.They responded to GSTQ with boos,and chanted you fat b*st*rd at Chris Martin,but not much more.

Found a shorter way back to station

Sleep on train in between listening to 606 and florist fans moaning about phsyco (Long may he reign).

Re match thought we never got out of first gear.

Hughes ,Mascerell,Grant outstanding

Ward,Dawkins getting match fitter by the game.

Bennett did well and might have score if ref had allowed advantage 

Could have won 4.0 including missed penalty without trying TOO hard

Saw SM's interview on TV,he was ok with the first half.He used the word disappointed

twice to describe the 2nd half,and couldn't understand why we didn't press home our

advantage'he was quite glum,actually.

I am still unsure about OMG,he impresses against the rubbish teams when we are on

top,he can look lost against the good teams when we are under pressure.

Saw SM's interview on TV,he was ok with the first half.He used the word disappointed

twice to describe the 2nd half,and couldn't understand why we didn't press home our

advantage'he was quite glum,actually.

I am still unsure about OMG,he impresses against the rubbish teams when we are on

top,he can look lost against the good teams when we are under pressure.

So Wolves ,Cardiff,Watford,Brighton etc etc are all rubbish teams is that what you are saying.

Yes think so.

We shouldn't get conceited it's still a tough Championship .

People forget Thorne and Eustace have had bad games and we didn't win all our games that easily last season did we !

Burnley and Leicester and the Play off Final against QPR with 10 men are cases in question

People should credit us this season after the Playoff set back for what we have achieved.

The only times Dawkins lost the ball yesterday was when he was fouled by Peltier in the 2nd half and the ref gave nothing and in the 1st in the left back position when he was the furthest player back. I thought he started strongly, great ball in 1st min, but struggled 2nd half, started look frustrated with the ref with the 3 decisions going against him in quick succession.

Wrong thread, I know. I have just watched the last five minutes of Eibar v Atletico Madrdid. The pitch - see Baseball Ground in winter for details. Ground - Welcome to the IPro Raul!!!! the pitch looked like a Donkey Racing Park The Stadium is Conference standard. Sky Sports has just switched to Real Madrid v Real Sociedad. Moyes' lot are one up after forty seconds, wait, 1-1 after two minutes. Raul is glad to be here, for sure.

So Wolves ,Cardiff,Watford,Brighton etc etc are all rubbish teams is that what you are saying.

Probably should have said"weaker".I thought Wolves were rubbish,and also Cardiff.Can't

remember Brighton.In the 2nd half against Watford Omar had a shocker,they passed their

way through him,around him,he spent most of the 2nd half trying to run back to catch up.

Archived